• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Recession in Singapore

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singtel, Starhub are shaky. The pay TV revenue has peaked, with so many OTT services and free football streaming. The phone and SMS revenue stream is also fading fast with Wechat, Whatsapp, Skype, etc.

Expecting healthy growth first from sale/ipo of nettrust worth $4.5b, and revenue from investment in Bharti and Intouch. $4.10+ by august 2017 (Nettrust expected IPO/sale quarter). Agree with you on Starhub and M1, not touching those. Overall, technically speaking, Singtel is growing, just not by that much in domestic market.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Expecting healthy growth first from sale/ipo of nettrust worth $4.5b, and revenue from investment in Bharti and Intouch. $4.10+ by august 2017 (Nettrust expected IPO/sale quarter). Agree with you on Starhub and M1, not touching those. Overall, technically speaking, Singtel is growing, just not by that much in domestic market.

I expect telcos to do well. While their pay tv income will probably shrink due to free movie streaming sites, they will make up for it through a greater demand for data on smart phones.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited:

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pap will continue to deny, distract and divert attention from this coming recession. I want to see how long the pap can sustain their game of denial, distraction and diversion

Article: Too early to call technical recession, businesses should focus on long-term basics
http://www.todayonline.com/singapor...-should-focus-long-term-basics-chan-chun-sing

So our country don't see real recession risk yet, just Singaporeans dunno how to do business.

But Singapore's office rental market posted the biggest office rental decline at 11.4% in 3Q.
http://sbr.com.sg/commercial-property/news/singapores-office-rental-market-weakest-in-world-study

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
my sincere advice for sinkies is that when there is recession, do not tighten your belt, go on to spend money. this is the only way to vibrate de personal consumption in order to grow economy which will help the less well off pple at this crucial time.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my sincere advice for sinkies is that when there is recession, do not tighten your belt, go on to spend money. this is the only way to vibrate de personal consumption in order to grow economy which will help the less well off pple at this crucial time.

Fortunately I made my plans years ago when things were not so bad in Spore.

What I saw were prices increasing up, up, up, .... to unsustainable levels & I expected bad things to happen, eventually. Now that the economy has collapsed I will say to the 70% that they deserve the PAP :rolleyes:

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let me share more, some are paying 2.6% processing fee and get money out of your remaining credit card limit before they go bust.
https://cardup.co/homes/fees

Disclaimer: You will find it impossible to recover from your bankruptcy status because your creditors can easily prove that you intentionally make yourself sink deeper before bankruptcy.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
keep on buying but within your means not spend until you ownself get into debt, isn't that common sense.:rolleyes:

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal

but not spend on massage, ktv and sexual bonk.
because all the money will go to China girl and back to China.
in this case, it is no better than tightening the belt.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I shared with my friend that I just had a pay cut of 18%.

He told me that SMEs are badly hit too. He works in a small family business and used to help out with deliveries. Now, deliveries are completed by 11am and there's nothing to do in afternoon. To make ends meet, he is now using his van for Foodpanda delivery for lunch and dinner hours.

When I read the papers, COE prices and bank shares are higher than earlier half of this year, Malaysian investors (IOI) is paying $2 billion for a plot of land in city, government saying there are lots of jobs around, REITs paying more dividends, teachers quitting their high-paying jobs for less stressful, greener pastures, etc

Everything looks good on the whole, except for folks around me.

i hear that food delivery riders from deliveroo, ubereats, foodpanda, could earn up to $5k-6k a month. but working hours are long and they risk life and limb on the road everyday...

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
i hear that food delivery riders from deliveroo, ubereats, foodpanda, could earn up to $5k-6k a month. but working hours are long and they risk life and limb on the road everyday...

delivering foie gras or truffles or black cunt abalone???

islamPig

Alfrescian
Loyal

stop being an idiot. what the race of these delivery workers? m&ds retards.

We mooslembabi puki pigs other fucking our own mother and daughters love to exaggerate our earnings. when we earn 1k we will tell others we earn almost 3k. understand idiot.

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
HDB released 10000 BTOs and balance of sales flats in top locations like Bidadari, Boon Keng and even next to Bedok MRT.
I think it will soak up significant liquidity from the property resale market because these units are highly sought after by HDB upgraders.

In contrast, next Feb's BTO locations looks lackluster.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i'm waiting for property prices to fall to an inflection point so i can cash in. there's always a silver lining to every downturn.

AsiaDK

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'm waiting for property prices to fall to an inflection point so i can cash in. there's always a silver lining to every downturn.

interest rates will be higher by Chinese new year. so please try to make a bigger downpayment for your next property purchase.