• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat PAP needs your help

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is a 1200 quitters? We welcome 24000 new citizens into our great family every year! No loss. More arriving in droves. There is no need to fret. :cool:

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, I can give free advice (with my limited knowledge) for those who are interested to move to NZ.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1,200 is I think an understatement of the problem for Spore. Sporeans are choosy about the country they move to. You can bet that it is a 1st world country.

Those that are giving up their citizenship are the well qualified ex-citizens of Spore. They probably have degrees & experience & that is why they were accepted. While those that are coming into Spore are not as qualified. Some may even be trouble makers & out to make a quick buck before going back home or moving on to elsewhere.

Justmythots

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its only 1200 because the figure that didn't renounce citizenship but just permanently live overseas with zero intentions to ever move back is 10X higher.

PAP is too thin skinned. Can't fight. Pinky knows it cant compete with big countries. Those countries allow dual citizenship, PAP knows that Sg is no position to fight and win if they allow dual citizenship so play hard ball, disallow it so that people will keep the citizenship, just live as US/UK/Canada PR overseas. Renouncing citizenship is more thorough and permanent like a clean break cutting off most probability of ever moving back to take care of aged parents.

Justmythots

Alfrescian
Loyal
1,200 is I think an understatement of the problem for Spore. Sporeans are choosy about the country they move to. You can bet that it is a 1st world country.

Those that are giving up their citizenship are the well qualified ex-citizens of Spore. They probably have degrees & experience & that is why they were accepted. While those that are coming into Spore are not as qualified. Some may even be trouble makers & out to make a quick buck before going back home or moving on to elsewhere.

Don't talk big talk cock. I know the truth. First, Sg has one of the highest expatriated rate in the world (holders of its passport who live abroad). I checked before the total contingent living abroad is 212,000 ppl. That's really high compared to bigger countries. Well we can rationalize as Sg is a microstate, just a city. Blah blah. http://m.todayonline.com/more-sporeans-overseas-brain-drain-concerns-dissipate

Second, Sg is hardly a very top skilled nationality compared to other countries. There are smart Singaporeans but they are quite rare. In the 3-5% range perhaps. Israel definitely puts out smarter and more smart people than Sg. A few Singapore based employers told me that Singaporean trained staff suffer from lack of skills that they found easily in US teams (ability to do both art and C++ programming). Sinkies are also poor rigorous thinkers.

It's hard to beat PAP in importing numbers. Which country besides UAE would have foreign born form beyond 40 percent of its population? UAE doesn't award PR to any of them. They use and discard. That's their attitude towards foreigners. Even fucking mediocre Arabs have more pride than PAP because they know they are dripping in oil money even if they are stupid. PAP is 贱 does not mean that Singaporeans are damn skilled and picky in where to go. As if Sg is such a fantastic place to live that most don't grab the chance if it presented itself to get out for a few years. I notice that sinkies also buy the delusional bull that their children will receive the best education by them being in Singapore. I often hear that trotted out and would lift my brow.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't talk big talk cock. I know the truth. First, Sg has one of the highest expatriated rate in the world (holders of its passport who live abroad). I checked before the total contingent living abroad is 212,000 ppl. That's really high compared to bigger countries. Well we can rationalize as Sg is a microstate, just a city. Blah blah. http://m.todayonline.com/more-sporeans-overseas-brain-drain-concerns-dissipate.....

I'm from the old generation & I know many, many,... people that have left Spore. Most of them have renounced their citizenship & collected their CPF. Can you tell me what is the use of holding onto a Spore citizenship other than the privilege of doing NS:confused:

I know some who have made their money from Spore & are now retired & their children are now adults. They don't need to emigrate because they have enough $$$ & they spend their time in Australia. They are keeping their Sporean citizenship because they don't want to pay the taxes of Australia. Why should they since they made all their money in Spore & are not getting any benefits from Australia except the good weather?

Those that are leaving Spore represent a brain drain of a law abiding, educated & employable group. This is what most countries are looking for. I did not say that they are the bestest of the best. You don't need a degree to emigrate but many Sporeans who emigrate do have degrees because to get anywhere in Spore you need paper qualifications. I have lived in Canada & over there blue collar workers make as much as office workers.

I met a UNIX guru who only had a grade 12 education i.e. secondary 4. He was interested in computers & did plenty of part time jobs in IT until he got a job as a UNIX administer.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the 70's, his father and the old guards pushed for value-add industries that requires higher skill sets. Which in fact add values and worth to the citizens.

The what-son-his-sister-called-him(?) cannot stand up to the challenge to bring SG further up the curve, so he brings SG back down to 3rd world standard, hence the need to push out highly skilled citizens and replace them with low skill, low value people. Easier to manage these people too.

Wonder why some million-dollar-salary people been talking about productivity and what-nots. Oh well, those are the resident clowns. No need wonder.

Justmythots

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm from the old generation & I know many, many,... people that have left Spore. Most of them have renounced their citizenship & collected their CPF. Can you tell me what is the use of holding onto a Spore citizenship other than the privilege of doing NS:confused:

I know some who have made their money from Spore & are now retired & their children are now adults. They don't need to emigrate because they have enough $$$ & they spend their time in Australia. They are keeping their Sporean citizenship because they don't want to pay the taxes of Australia. Why should they since they made all their money in Spore & are not getting any benefits from Australia except the good weather?

If you live abroad after completing your NS liability, you don't need to serve Reservist during the time you're living abroad. PAP doesn't have the money to fly reservists back since people who even got to move abroad is less than 5% of the cohort, they just write off the "loss". If you move back before your reservist liability ends, i believe they will call you to serve.

Most Singaporeans living abroad haven't given up their citizenship. They rather keep it and have PR because in the west, PR gives the same rights as citizenship except voting. Also, it's only western countries that people apply PR. Most western countries except USA have dead economies that few professionals actually get transferred there on their own organically. The sinkies you know in countries like NZ, Aust and Canada are those who specially move there to emigrate or those who marry Ang moh. Not many professional transferees.

In fact more SG professional transferees get posted to China (all industries) and HK (esp for bank, law). All expats in HK automatically receive HK PR after 7 straight years of residence. PRC doesn't give out PR. There's a big contingent of Singapore expats working in PRC and they are all in work visa.

Those sinkies you say live in Australia without paying taxes, are they not PR? Australia PR pays same taxes as citizens. If you say they aren't even PR, do they need to fly and forth every month? Australia requires e-visa and each one doesn't let you stay beyond a month or something.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
?........
They are keeping their Sporean citizenship because they don't want to pay the taxes of Australia. Why should they since they made all their money in Spore & are not getting any benefits from Australia except the good weather?

I also thought the tax rate in Aust was very high, until I chance upon it while checking other stuff. If I not wrong, Aust income tax rate is quite similar to SG, that is, tiered percentage depending on which category of income you come under. For A$22,000 and below, you do not need to pay any tax.

I was also told by a friend who just got his citizenship there, though I did not clarify the official details, if you are PR or citizens of at least 10 years, and when you reached 67 years old and no longer working/has an income, you get A$400 per Week. I not sure if you need put in money like the CPFLife (Aust call it Super, I believe).

I stand corrected if above is not correct. I happened to see the jist of the above when browsing for other info.

There was a recent court case in NZ quite similar to above, where a Sinkie (NZ PR now) sued the NZ govt for not paying him the benefit for old age and not working (not sure what they call it. Pension?). He went to Appeal court when the lower court dismissed his case. He finally lost his case. Verdict: bcos he still receiving payout from SG CPF and is treated as an income by the NZ govt. He kept his CPF in SG enjoying interest, while PR in NZ.

For free medical care, good retirement environment, cheap housing in suburb, pocket money.......are these not good enough reasons to retire in Aust/NZ?