• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Why SMRT so fucked up that handphone signals can disrupt its trains?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
How stupid and ridiculous is that? Must be the first mass transit in the world where mobile phone usage can bring the trains to a halt.

[h=1]SMRT temporarily suspends mobile signals on Circle Line[/h]UPDATE (Friday 7:45am, 4 November 2016): SMRT says all telco services will be temporarily switched off until 9am for ongoing tests.

The authorities instructed mobile network operators on Thursday (3 November) to turn off their signals in the Circle Line (CCL) until 10.30pm amid signal faults experienced in CCL for a second day running.
The announcement comes a day after the Land Transport Authority and CCL operator SMRT said in a joint statement that they are working with the telcos to suspend mobile signals along CCL for a short while to facilitate investigations should similar signal faults recur.
On Wednesday (2 November), commuters travelling on the CCL experienced service disruptions lasting almost three hours due to signal faults.
LTA and SMRT have found that the signal faults that caused the delays on Wednesday could be similar to the one that caused a five-day disruption on CCL in early September.
StarHub said in a Facebook post at 8.46pm on Thursday, “We have been instructed to turn off mobile services in the Circle Line. During this period, you will not be able to make calls, send SMS or access the internet when travelling on Circle Line.”
M1 and SingTel also said mobile services along the CCL will be suspended until 10.30 pm.
SMRT confirmed in a post on Facebook at 9pm that due to ongoing tests in CCL, commuters will experience temporary suspension of mobile signals.
Earlier on Thursday evening, SMRT said that due to intermittent signal interference, CCL trains may experience delays. For safety reasons, trains along the line were manned, it added.
At around 10.30pm, SMRT tweeted to say that tests have been completed and that telco signals will progressively resume along CCL.
SingTel, M1 and StarHub said after 10.30pm mobile services along the CCL have resumed.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what you stupid and ball-less sinkies voted for.. Just go to one corner and screwed your own ass using a huge cactus.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what you stupid and ball-less sinkies voted for.. Just go to one corner and screwed your own ass using a huge cactus.

hahhah. everywhere the subway in london, tokyo, paris where the network is more dense and complex and never have this problem. only sinkie mrt have it. either they don't know or bullshittingg or just plain idiots. no wonder mrt crash everyday. seems everything in sinkieland going down after the old man died.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
hahhah. everywhere the subway in london, tokyo, paris where the network is more dense and complex and never have this problem. only sinkie mrt have it. either they don't know or bullshittingg or just plain idiots. no wonder mrt crash everyday. seems everything in sinkieland going down after the old man died.

That's right, I traveled on many of those subways, mass transit systems etc. Some of the stations are much deeper then anything in zikapore and yet have mobile phone coverage. Is it an issue with shielding for the train's electronics. This is such a simple thing and they still can't get it right. I notice Dessie Quack has be deafening us with his lack of comments on all these fuckups.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Saw Piak piak Hwa got her sanitary pads hidden there somewhere to jam signals............ to show that w'out her SMRT will not function

She showed her face there during halloween and all the gremlins in the system got scared and went amok.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If our MRT signaling system was procured from other oversea supplier I got not much comments on it.
But if our signaling system was designed and developed by our ST group of company, i also dunno what to comment about it. :smile:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Maybe chinkland has an army of hackers hacking in to disrupt our train signals. They could be testing out first before they bring the mrt down bigtime.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not possible to send an external signal that can disrupt the receiver on the underground train signaling system. The way these systems are installed in the tunnels and are technically more robust than what they are thinking.

More likely SMRT/LTA are buying time as they are scratching their heads bald by now.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not possible to send an external signal that can disrupt the receiver on the underground train signaling system. The way these systems are installed in the tunnels and are technically more robust than what they are thinking.

More likely SMRT/LTA are buying time as they are scratching their heads bald by now.

when you have no answer, any answer that is confusing is good enough. I bet the engineers are just spouting crap. how come this problem does not happen in otehr subway system. might as well say bad feng shui or pontianak or vampire interrupt the rail system. really farked up people in MRT. they could not solve a recurring problem for past 2 years, they would not be able to solve it forever. simple logic. stupidity of the worst. the whole world is laughing at them and us. paying the general millions and he stll can't solve a simple problem.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
when you have no answer, any answer that is confusing is good enough. I bet the engineers are just spouting crap. how come this problem does not happen in otehr subway system. might as well say bad feng shui or pontianak or vampire interrupt the rail system. really farked up people in MRT. they could not solve a recurring problem for past 2 years, they would not be able to solve it forever. simple logic. stupidity of the worst. the whole world is laughing at them and us. paying the general millions and he stll can't solve a simple problem.

I think the situation is not hardware or even software. I suspect that when they early retired or retrenched all the sinkie born experienced engineers and replaced them with cheaper FTs from god knows where, then these problems started to happen. The new engineers with less then reputable degree and fake resumes simply cannot do the work. This is evident. Waiting for some SMRT engineer with so balls to whistleblow and tell us what is truly happening behind the scenes. Even Penang Cow has shut shit mouth, and that asshole likes to talk.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

They are hitting in the dark now, with no clue nor any nearer to even just find the cause of the fault. I am not even sure how they can trace to a stray signal causing the issue. I may be wrong here though, not privy to their findings.

I presume that communication system combines every frequency used in above ground, and feed into the tunnel via a leaky cable. The cable support mobile signal, radio broadcast, special frequency channels, etc etc. So once LTA request to shut down the signal from telcos, all 3 telcos are more than willing to follow instructions, so as to be cleared of any blame if problem still exist when the mobile signals were turned off.

I think the situation is not hardware or even software. I suspect that when they early retired or retrenched all the sinkie born experienced engineers and replaced them with cheaper FTs from god knows where, then these problems started to happen. The new engineers with less then reputable degree and fake resumes simply cannot do the work. This is evident. Waiting for some SMRT engineer with so balls to whistleblow and tell us what is truly happening behind the scenes. Even Penang Cow has shut shit mouth, and that asshole likes to talk.

My guess is possibly some boarderline-spec hardware rather than software. But which system (there's probably more than just mobile systems in the tunnel) is the fault on, I guess no one in SMRT/LTA knows for now. Software should not cause intermittent problem if it is fully tested. Am sure the software was reloaded and checked when problem first surfaced. That's standard trouble-shooting procedure. And it's very likely to be used in the other MRT lines, as well as in other countries, but no such problem other than CCL.

Just like what was discussed in your previous thread, sabotage and all. My guess is hardware-related but which system the hardware is on, no one knows for now. Issues were intermittent and will be back once condition is right to cause the problem again. I doubt there's any progress and none the wiser since then. Train disruptions can be expected again. When? No one knows.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

it's wi-fi interference lah. not mobile/cellular rf interference as those frequencies are in exclusive bands that are separate and different from wi-fi which uses 2.4 and 5.8 ghz. the urbalis cbtc signaling system uses same frequencies as wi-fi. mobile operators may have installed wi-fi access points together with their mobile radio network in underground stations and tunnels thus contributing to interference to the cbtc signaling system. both sides may have relied on lossy cables propagating in similar bands in tunnels which will exacerbate both direct rf and intermod interference. for reliability, the cbtc frequencies may have to be moved to a more exclusive band or frequencies specially dedicated to rail operations. but moving to new band(s) may prove to be challenging and time-consuming as equipment, antennas, need to be upgraded or changed, and product with new bands may require months of development. this kind of simple issue also don't know. sinkies truly have no hope. now i have to burn my thanksgiving holidays to go all the way to sinkhole to fix this stupid left-hand doesn't know what right-hand is doing issue. ccb.

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?237319-Circle-MRT-Line-At-6pm

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This one reminds me of my family's old tech color tv back in the days. Circa early 80s.
It was a cheapo Goldstar brand and there would be interference whenever the cordless phone rang when we were watching tv.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
it's wi-fi interference lah. not mobile/cellular rf interference as those frequencies are in exclusive bands that are separate and different from wi-fi which uses 2.4 and 5.8 ghz. the urbalis cbtc signaling system uses same frequencies as wi-fi. mobile operators may have installed wi-fi access points together with their mobile radio network in underground stations and tunnels thus contributing to interference to the cbtc signaling system. both sides may have relied on lossy cables propagating in similar bands in tunnels which will exacerbate both direct rf and intermod interference. for reliability, the cbtc frequencies may have to be moved to a more exclusive band or frequencies specially dedicated to rail operations. but moving to new band(s) may prove to be challenging and time-consuming as equipment, antennas, need to be upgraded or changed, and product with new bands may require months of development. this kind of simple issue also don't know. sinkies truly have no hope. now i have to burn my thanksgiving holidays to go all the way to sinkhole to fix this stupid left-hand doesn't know what right-hand is doing issue. ccb.

See, I always knew SBF has members that are more knowledgeable then any dumb fuck the PAP has appointed.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are giving possible solutions to PAP sinkieland.. Why do that? Let them sink and die.. They deserve hell.

I will never offer any solutions to PAP sinkieland unless the whole lot of them resign and fuck off from parliament.

Resist to get your ego stroke here after offering possible solutions. It's a trick.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You are giving possible solutions to PAP sinkieland.. Why do that? Let them sink and die.. They deserve hell.

I will never offer any solutions to PAP sinkieland unless the whole lot of them resign and fuck off from parliament.

Resist to get your ego stroke here after offering possible solutions. It's a trick.

No worries lah. U think the PAP will listen to sound advise?

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe chinkland has an army of hackers hacking in to disrupt our train signals. They could be testing out first before they bring the mrt down bigtime.

SMRT asked for cheapest tender what do you Expect??

The cheapest doesn't mean the Best! That's why SMRT always break down,
but when come to salary they want the Highest!! They should follow the gahmen SOP
cheapest tender for salary get the JOB!! Not the million dollar salary chia liow Bee!!

If oldman still around the the $8 Cow and and the SMRT CEO would have been Fired!