• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Temasek is going to kill Tiger into extinction

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What do you do after acquiring a loss making company like Tiger Air:confused:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/tigerair-to-come-under-scoot-brand-name/3260728.html

Tigerair to come under Scoot brand name

SINGAPORE: By the end of next year, the Tigerair brand will cease to exist. Instead, it will come under Scoot – its sister budget airline under the Singapore Airlines (SIA) Group.

The integration is expected to happen between mid and end of 2017. The two carriers will also operate under a single licence by the end of next year, Budget Aviation Holdings, which owns and manages both airlines, said on Friday (Nov 4).

The integration will encompass flight scheduling and connections, as well as touchpoint integration for guests including a common website, contact centre and check-in counters.

SIA CEO and Budget Aviation chairman Goh Choon Phong said that both airlines have made "good progress" in their integration since the establishment of Budget Aviation in May.

“The integration has already led to commercial and operational synergies between Scoot and Tigerair that are providing growth opportunities for both airlines, an example being Scoot’s plan to launch its first European service to Athens next year," he said.

"Following a review, we have determined that the logical next step is to pursue a common operating licence and common brand identity to enable a more seamless travel experience for customers.”

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tiger and Scoot are already sharing destinations since months ago. However, Scoot is more expensive if you book via flyscoot website even though on actual day you will flying Tiger aircraft. I wonder if they are going to sell the Tiger aircraft to other airlines because of over capacity, or they are going to repaint the entire Tiger fleet.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
singapore should just give up on business entirely,what a failure of a country........

this is what happens when u have a entire population raised on 50 years of PAP education and mainstream media and suckling on LKY's breastmilk titties for too long,turning ur mind into jello like clockwork orange.Instead of being born and bred entrepreneurs and businessmen like the hong kees for hundreds of years.even the hong kees that singapore attracted back in the 90s were of the peasant failure quality.i know cause i met one during NS couple years back.hdb dwelling low educated losers.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
by the way this is the number 3 or 4 budget airline that singapore has started since the Richard branson virgin airlines days that has failed?

why Sgians find it so hard to grasp the budget airline model?

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many staffs will be retrenched because of merger of Tiger and Scoot.
Typical PAP dirty trick.
PAP used the word integration instead of merger. however, the effect is the same, staffs will be fired.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
by the way this is the number 3 or 4 budget airline that singapore has started since the Richard branson virgin airlines days that has failed?

why Sgians find it so hard to grasp the budget airline model?

It's difficult for aristocrats to see things clearly from their ivory towers.

Someone was actually paid for coming up with up with that name :biggrin:
Now that it is history, they are replacing it with another Terminal. With the poor economic outlook I doubt that Spore needs another terminal but never mind they can always rent it out as a mall.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
singapore should just give up on business entirely,what a failure of a country........

this is what happens when u have a entire population raised on 50 years of PAP education and mainstream media and suckling on LKY's breastmilk titties for too long,turning ur mind into jello like clockwork orange.Instead of being born and bred entrepreneurs and businessmen like the hong kees for hundreds of years.even the hong kees that singapore attracted back in the 90s were of the peasant failure quality.i know cause i met one during NS couple years back.hdb dwelling low educated losers.

Its not that singapore should give up on business. its the PAP that has to do that. Imagine Tiger Air in so much trouble that the PAP put in Koay Pen Yen to run it from 2012 to 2014. He is from the shipping industry having been running Pacific Carriers Ltd. What kind of dumbshit thinking would put a shipping executve in to run a budget airline? Is this the same fucked logic that would be an ex SAF general to run a train company SMRT?

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typical PAP dirty trick.
PAP used the word integration instead of merger. however, the effect is the same, staffs will be fired.

Don't know about the air staff but almost all ground staff are outsourced to Asia Pacific Star - remember the Airport Manager who embezzled $500,000.

The trend seems to be Big Company creates a subsidiary and outsources work to its own subsidiary or subsidiary submits tender for parent company's work - and sure get one. External contractors can smell smoke otherwise than work that parent companies are not interested - renovations. 肥水不流外人田

Last edited:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typical PAP dirty trick.

The airport manager who ran away with $500,000 from Tiger has great foresight.

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pilots with their cheap MPL licence die.Cannot work anywhere else.

And those self-sponsored at 200k Ab Initio cadets poor things.

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Regarding MPL..... None of the Tiger or Scoot Singapore pilots came in with MPL . All came with the frozen ATPL. SIA just started the MPL program and these cadet pilots are in various stages of their training i.e. the first batch of MPL pilots have yet to be checked out.

Regarding self sponsored ab initio ......at the present moment Scoot and Tiger need them. Current expansion is well on track and many of the pilots are non Singaporeans who are eyeing the Middle Eastern airlines where the salaries are better. Thier leaving and the expansion will create demand for pilots.

The pilots with their cheap MPL licence die.Cannot work anywhere else.

And those self-sponsored at 200k Ab Initio cadets poor things.

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not many will be retrenched.... many staff leave on their own accord anyway....some find better jobs....some of the better ones are poached....some want to relax and not work for a while.

Typical PAP dirty trick.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think the writing was on the wall, what with some co-operation now. From business perspective, the economies of scale including back office makes money sense. And Tiger's branding be fxxked :cool:

Scoot seems to be making headway with regional routes anyhow

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its not that singapore should give up on business. its the PAP that has to do that. Imagine Tiger Air in so much trouble that the PAP put in Koay Pen Yen to run it from 2012 to 2014. He is from the shipping industry having been running Pacific Carriers Ltd. What kind of dumbshit thinking would put a shipping executve in to run a budget airline? Is this the same fucked logic that would be an ex SAF general to run a train company SMRT?
You are correct. They should just appoint a graduate from mumbai technical college.

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The B787s that Scoot flies performs better fuel wise for medium to long haul routes. The A320s that Tiger uses has a sweet spot of around 5 hours. It makes more sense later on the deploy the 320s for the shorter legs and use the 787s for the longer routes which will be coming in the near future eg Athens etc. This is the synergy that BAH hopes will bring in the profits ala SIA/Silkair.

Think the writing was on the wall, what with some co-operation now. From business perspective, the economies of scale including back office makes money sense. And Tiger's branding be fxxked :cool:

Scoot seems to be making headway with regional routes anyhow

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The B787s that Scoot flies performs better fuel wise for medium to long haul routes. The A320s that Tiger uses has a sweet spot of around 5 hours. It makes more sense later on the deploy the 320s for the shorter legs and use the 787s for the longer routes which will be coming in the near future eg Athens etc. This is the synergy that BAH hopes will bring in the profits ala SIA/Silkair.

I often use budget carriers to visit places like Thailand. Have even used Tiger when they 1st started operations. I remember back then they would even give you a complimentary orange juice before the flight.

The reason I stopped using Tiger was because of the mistakes made by the management. In my case I was using a Mac to book my tix & they made some changes that made it impossible to continue using a Mac to book a ticket. I gave them feedback about the problem but they never fixed the problem for at least a year, after which I gave up on them & started taking Airasia & later Jetstar.

Have taken a look at Scoot but the problem is with the odd schedule of their flights. Don't want to reach BKK at night.

Doubt Temasek will be successful in budget carrier business because they are out of touch & don't understand what a "budget" means :wink:

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Johnny,

I think Temasek has realised that they should not have too much of a hands on approach and have left the running to others who are more in tune with this concept.... and now the profits are starting to materialise ..... ultimately though, unless the annual loss is too great and for too many years in a row, Scoot/Tiger must continue to fly. If you lose market presence ultimately you lose everything.

I often use budget carriers to visit places like Thailand. Have even used Tiger when they 1st started operations. I remember back then they would even give you a complimentary orange juice before the flight.

The reason I stopped using Tiger was because of the mistakes made by the management. In my case I was using a Mac to book my tix & they made some changes that made it impossible to continue using a Mac to book a ticket. I gave them feedback about the problem but they never fixed the problem for at least a year, after which I gave up on them & started taking Airasia & later Jetstar.

Have taken a look at Scoot but the problem is with the odd schedule of their flights. Don't want to reach BKK at night.

Doubt Temasek will be successful in budget carrier business because they are out of touch & don't understand what a "budget" means :wink:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Johnny,

I think Temasek has realised that they should not have too much of a hands on approach and have left the running to others who are more in tune with this concept.... and now the profits are starting to materialise ..... ultimately though, unless the annual loss is too great and for too many years in a row, Scoot/Tiger must continue to fly. If you lose market presence ultimately you lose everything.

We all know who runs Temasek. It's a very political company so I doubt they will change unless you know who steps down & that will never happen. If you have the same bunch of clowns acting without answering to anyone there will never be change. Scoot/Tiger will probably end up as another honest mistake.