• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Toothpick Thief needs to advise this cabby

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Such is globalization and tech-no-logical improvements. Lesser mortals must change and reskill for a lower paying job or starve to death. This call social darwinism. :cool:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i reccomend taxi drivers switch to UBER and drive a tesla,a tesla 3 can get roughly 4.6 km to the kwh and has a range of 213km,a kwh of electricity cost 25c even in super expensive Singapore,since a taxi driver only needs to cover a distance of 250km a day,he only needs roughly 54 kwh a day or $13.50 of electricity.i saw from a website the average fuel cost for taxi driver is about $30 to $40 a day.also owning ur own car is cheaper than renting from comfort,the starting price of a tesla 3 is roughly $35,000 USD,plus taxes and COE i expect the cost to be roughly $120,000 which comes to about $12,000 a year or $35 a day.a comprehensive car insurance cost about $2500.plus say the car needs about $1500 of maintenance a year.

also if he wants to go one step further,he can install 8 solar panels outside his hdb flat,this will generate roughly 2kwh at peak sunlight output,with a 10 agm battery bank he can store up to 20kwh of electricity on a good day,enough to power his house but not quite enough to charge a tesla 3 battery bank which needs about 40kwh.unless he stays in landed or terrace and can install a 16 panel solar array.

Last edited: