• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Man beaten up by 2 persons, Police refused to arrest them even with video evidence!!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
[h=5]Dan Jives[/h]October 22 at 11:03am ·

Today I learnt something new about the law in Singapore. A poor guy was assaulted by 2 strangers, together with a video recorded by a witnessing neighbour(who show it to the police) and still assailants walk away free after the police spoke to them. And they( the assailants) intimidated me(with the victim) outrightly in front of the police officers with gestures of 'I'm watching you'. And still police cannot do anything. I voice out my frustration to the officers and the supervisor explains to me that it is not an arrestable offence. He continued with I can lodge a complaint and proceed to state court(my own cost) if I want to. As for the poor chap who got beaten up for no reason, he too was told to lodge a complain and go to state court for the assailants to be charge with 'causing grievous hurt'. My Wife and I worried now. Court only operates from Monday. What if he kill me on Sunday? Just writing to vent my frustrations. Learn something new today. The next time you assault someone, don't worry when the police come. They'll tell the victim to lodge a complain and you'll be ask to leave the vicinity.
Thank you Government.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: Man beaten up by 2 persons, Police refused to arrest them even with video evidenc

[h=1]Police allegedly refused to take action against assailants despite video evidence[/h] By The Independent -
October 24, 2016

Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter

Facebook user Dan Jives shared that the police refused to take action against two people who assaulted a man despite being provided a video of the assault. The Police claimed that it was a non-arrestable offence and let the men go free after talking to them.
Dan Jives said that the assailants even gestured “I’m watching you” in front of the police officers, but that the officers still did not do anything.
Dan was advised by the Police that he may lodge a complaint with the State Court at his own expense if he wants further action to be taken against the assailants. The man who was beaten up was also advised to do the same, and ask the Court to declare that the assault was one of ‘causing grievous hurt’.
Dan shared about the assault in the wee hours of Sunday morning and said that he and his wife are now afraid. He asked, “Court only operates from Monday – what if he kill me on Sunday?”
And added: “The next time you assault someone, don’t worry when the police come. They’ll tell the victim to lodge a complain and you’ll be ask to leave the vicinity.”

The Singapore Police Force’s Resources webpage lists ‘Voluntarily Causing Hurt’ as a non-arrestable offence for which the Police may not ordinarily arrest without a warrant.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN I REPORT A CASE THAT IS NON-ARRESTABLE IN NATURE?
Police will first respond to the scene to gather preliminary evidence. Based on this, Police will make an assessment as to the proper course of action to take. Police may initiate investigation into the case or refer the complainant/victim to file a complaint before the Magistrate at the Subordinate Courts as provided for under the law.
WHAT IF I AM INJURED?
You will be issued with a copy of the NP 306 Medical Examination Form and advised to seek immediate medical attention at the nearest hospital or polyclinic. The form is to be submitted to the examining medical officer so that your injuries can be recorded therein as evidence.
You will then need to apply for a medical report from the hospital or polyclinic where you took the medical examination for use as evidence in Court if you intend to pursue the matter by way of a Magistrate’s Complaint. You will be required to pay for the charges incurred for the medical examination and report.”

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Man beaten up by 2 persons, Police refused to arrest them even with video evidenc

In this case support the police and the assailants :biggrin:

haha.jpg

cuckoldoolittle

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dan Jives

October 22 at 11:03am ·

Today I learnt something new about the law in Singapore. A poor guy was assaulted by 2 strangers, together with a video recorded by a witnessing neighbour(who show it to the police) and still assailants walk away free after the police spoke to them. And they( the assailants) intimidated me(with the victim) outrightly in front of the police officers with gestures of 'I'm watching you'. And still police cannot do anything. I voice out my frustration to the officers and the supervisor explains to me that it is not an arrestable offence. He continued with I can lodge a complaint and proceed to state court(my own cost) if I want to. As for the poor chap who got beaten up for no reason, he too was told to lodge a complain and go to state court for the assailants to be charge with 'causing grievous hurt'. My Wife and I worried now. Court only operates from Monday. What if he kill me on Sunday? Just writing to vent my frustrations. Learn something new today. The next time you assault someone, don't worry when the police come. They'll tell the victim to lodge a complain and you'll be ask to leave the vicinity.
Thank you Government.

AssLoong preparing the groundwork and framework for his gangs of thugs and hooligans.
Strike fear and humtam those who oppose him.
Sinkies should do likewise, start forming own gangs and thugs and whack AssLoong's thugs and hooligans.
Just whack any grassroot leader eg. JohnTan since its a non arrestable offence.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Now everyone knows why the crime rate in SG is so low!

But, someone only need to shout CSJ or his sister are sighted, you can bet a few riot trucks will be there in a jiffy and surrounding them.

If is in LI, of course a few ambulance will be there too, not that anyone will be injured.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LKY is not your grandfather, neither LHL is your relative nor you are PAP MP. So police will bohchap. If you are MP, police will arrest anyone even if they throw a chair at you but didn't hit you. Police in Singapore only protect PAP and not common folks.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

That's why I train in the dark arts of fighting instead of merely jogging to stay fit. I rather beat someone up than get beaten up. And I have given ah bengs a sound thrashing from time to time. They always like to think people will back down whenever they hurl hokkien vulgarities.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

How do you pronounce Jives? Ji Byes?

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal

SPF will swop down with ISD,CID,SOC at mere mention of Dr..CSan holding placard in Hong Lim w/o.

Vigilante is the only to go for justice, never SPF.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

in sg don't hold your breath with the spf. if threatened by a cheebye face or lampar min, just whack.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In this case support the police and the assailants :biggrin:

View attachment 28727
can see that the m&ds are still indulging in their fav pastime - lepak at void deck with air-guitar. at least the 4 chinks don't attract the cops by rehearsing "yeh liang tar-pow woh ter xing" for their community bonding event, must be friends of john tan :wink:
How do you pronounce Jives? Ji Byes?
perhaps mick davies has the answer :cool:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LKY is not your grandfather, neither LHL is your relative nor you are PAP MP. So police will bohchap. If you are MP, police will arrest anyone even if they throw a chair at you but didn't hit you. Police in Singapore only protect PAP and not common folks.
Well said.
The SPF is leegime's private security force

Alamakinky

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That is why I have BO and stale breath...no one dares come near to assault me.

in sg don't hold your breath with the spf. if threatened by a cheebye face or lampar min, just whack.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal

Who did the victim and the camera man and his wife voted for during the election.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I guess the police has to outnumber the suspects by 4 to 1 before making an arrest, as your picture shows. In this case, since there was 2 assailants. there must have been less then 8 cops, so no arrest. Its a spineless gutless natural reactions for the poodles.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

That's why I train in the dark arts of fighting instead of merely jogging to stay fit. I rather beat someone up than get beaten up. And I have given ah bengs a sound thrashing from time to time. They always like to think people will back down whenever they hurl hokkien vulgarities.

U have foreseen the future with your pugilistic training. Because, apparently now, you can willy nilly beat up strangers in the streets of singapore and the police will not even bring you for free limp kopi session. There is a few people I want to beat up, going back to my secondary school days. I am going to look for them in FB and hunt them down and whack them good good. Thanks for the inspiration.