• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat PAP Sun Xue Ling Very Concerned About Lift Breakdowns! Tekaned Manufacturer!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Photo-of-Sun-Xue-Ling-from-internet.jpg

Despite being newly-built for less than a year, several new BTO HDB flats are seeing multiple lift breakdowns. 80 residents of a HDB BTO flat in Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC, Waterway Cascadia, lodged a petition complaining about the lifts and demanded the newly-built lifts to be replaced for free.

PAP MP of Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC, Sun Xue Ling, however refused the request and preferred repair works over replacement. The PAP MP paid a dosage of lips service in Parliament yesterday (Oct 23) for not replacing the lifts:

“The issue … is something that I’m very, very concerned about. We’ve been hearing feedback from residents, I’m well aware of that. I have been working with the lift contractor and manufacturer, the Housing and Development Board and the town council. It’s something that we’re monitoring on a daily basis. The town council knows, and it’s their topmost priority.”

The Temasek Holdings investment director continued her rhetoric and said that her Town Council has “come down quite hard” on the lift manufacturer:

“It’s a moving list. Once you’ve solved one lift, given the number of new housing units that are coming up in Punggol West, there will be a new batch. Sometimes, residents may feel it takes a longer time to resolve. It’s not because we’re not looking at it, but the technical reason it has malfunctioned requires a longer time to investigate. This includes finding specific spare parts, which may not be readily available. It’s a very unfortunate thing to inconvenience our residents while they wait for that spare part to be delivered. But when that happens, the town council comes down quite hard on the lift manufacturer to say: ‘You should make those spare parts available.'”

There is no response from the Ministry of National Development over why are the newly-built lifts facing such recurring breakdowns.

http://statestimesreview.com/2016/10/24/pap-mp-sun-xue-ling-new-bto-hdb-lifts-will-not-be-replaced/

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very simple solution, ask the "authorities" to only buy branded elevators like Otis, Schindler, Fuji,... with a proven track record.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkees can sleep well that their sovereign funds are well managed by people like her (Temasek Holdings Investment Director). Full of wayang ..."I'm very concerned ...come down hard on the life manufacturer". But she has nothing to show for it.

But she has lots of excuses ....
1. “It’s a moving list. Once you’ve solved one lift, given the number of new housing units that are coming up in Punggol West, there will be a new batch." 2. "Sometimes, residents may feel it takes a longer time to resolve. It’s not because we’re not looking at it, but the technical reason it has malfunctioned requires a longer time to investigate."
3. "This includes finding specific spare parts, which may not be readily available."

These lifts were installed just a year ago ...and they are failing everywhere. And that is not a concern to her? And why is she so adamant in not wanting the manufacturer to replace the lifts? They bought the lifts cheap and that doesn't come with a full warranty? Are these lifts made in China or India?

CPIB should be called in to investigate.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Sinkees can sleep well that their sovereign funds are well managed by people like her (Temasek Holdings Investment Director). Full of wayang ..."I'm very concerned ...come down hard on the life manufacturer". But she has nothing to show for it.

But she has lots of excuses ....
1. “It’s a moving list. Once you’ve solved one lift, given the number of new housing units that are coming up in Punggol West, there will be a new batch." 2. "Sometimes, residents may feel it takes a longer time to resolve. It’s not because we’re not looking at it, but the technical reason it has malfunctioned requires a longer time to investigate."
3. "This includes finding specific spare parts, which may not be readily available."

These lifts were installed just a year ago ...and they are failing everywhere. And that is not a concern to her? And why is she so adamant in not wanting the manufacturer to replace the lifts? They bought the lifts cheap and that doesn't come with a full warranty? Are these lifts made in China or India?

CPIB should be called in to investigate.

the bitch does not even
live in a HDB flat. what the fuck does she know about lift breakdowns. When u are trapped in one, then you will gain some perspective. In the meantime, she is shooting her mouth off.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very simple solution, ask the "authorities" to only buy branded elevators like Otis, Schindler, Fuji,... with a proven track record.

Wah ! Your taste for lifts very similar to mine leh. The last one is Fujitec. Another good one you missed out is Hitachi.

I have been going around checking on lifts, and it seems if the lift is among the brands that you have mentioned, you will surely spot the logo engraved on the button panel of the lift. The China made ones will diam diam like no signboard like that.

Nabeh, sinkies pay more than 500K for DBSS flats also get China made lifts.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah ! Your taste for lifts very similar to mine leh. The last one is Fujitec. Another good one you missed out is Hitachi.

I have been going around checking on lifts, and it seems if the lift is among the brands that you have mentioned, you will surely spot the logo engraved on the button panel of the lift. The China made ones will diam diam like no signboard like that.

tiong lift with fine print...."yu dai brand - up down in out very fast and furious - with happy ending."

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Some PAP elites are making big bucks with all the Ah Tiong crap installed in our estates as well as in our MRT.
CPIB why no investigate? Lifts failing, train stalling ...not good enough reason to investigate? Oh, I forgot, CPIB reports to PM. Now, that makes perfect sense.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the bitch does not even
live in a HDB flat. what the fuck does she know about lift breakdowns. When u are trapped in one, then you will gain some perspective. In the meantime, she is shooting her mouth off.

Unfortunately, she will never get trapped alone in a HDB lift with a group of banglas. Where she live?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I remember that in the past, Far East was the developer of condo projects that was known for cutting corners . They were known to use the cheapest materials. However at least they used branded elevators.

Whoever is responsible for using chinese elevators should be ashamed of themselves. Probably the same people responsible for those shoddy buildings that are falling apart.