• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Primary 5 Boy Commit Suicide Over Lousy Results Or Fall By Accident To Death?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
primary_5_boy_died_failing_exam_1.jpg

On 18 May, a primary 5 boy was found dead at the foot of his Sengkang HDB block after he found out that he failed two exams in maths and higher chinese. He was found dead on the day he was due to collect his exam results for his parents to sign. During his first 4 years in school, he averaged 70 marks and did not fail in any exams before.

During the coroner's inquiry into his death, the boy's 45 year old mother was heard to have expected the boy to score at least 70 marks per exam. If he did not meet this standard, she would cane his palm for every mark short of 70 marks. However, she did reward him when he did well for his exams.

His mother believed that the boy had killed himself over his exam results by jumping from his bedroom while his father felt that his son had accidentally fallen to his death.

On that fateful day, the victim's father noticed he was taking a long time to get ready for school and the mother tried to open the door but found it locked. Using a spare key, they entered the room but could not find him.

The boy's sister looked out of the window and saw her brother lying on the grass patch at the foot of the block. The police were called in at around 6.50am.

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/pri-5-boy-falls-death-after-failing-exams-1st-time
FB: http://fb.com/allsgstuff

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the name of excellence, if one doesn't meet the 70% mark, one has to be caned for every mark short of the standard.

Perhaps, the PAP should think of this in the next election?

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's no joy being a male sinkie. A life of book mugging and exams, and then national slavery, and then competition with foreign talents for limited good jobs, and then retrenched at age 40. Might as well not be born.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Maybe the boy wouldn't have died if the parents had sent their son for the best tuition like I did. How about Mind Champs?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We should celebrate this miserable sinkie males death,hes in a much better place now,better he face a reality now then to endure a lifetime of bitterness just to end it in jc,uni or be accused of molest at 14.let me bring out my flute and play this evetlasting melody of life in death.

[video=youtube;MmZexg8sxyk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmZexg8sxyk[/video]

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Physical punishment for poor grades?

Sadists!

I'm a sadomasochist, I cried for more when my old woman whipped me good for failing to score full marks for mental sums. "你再打我啦!你再打我啦!”
:p:p:p

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We have to ask ourselves ; why does the mother punish his son for failing to meet 70% mark ?

She must have believed that in order to do well in life especially in Singapore, you must be good in your studies. She is not wrong. Hers is a tunnelled vision.

She does not know there is more to life than just doing well in exams.

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The trouble today is many of our young are not ready for toughness. So, I think our parents need to rethink how they should nurture and bring up their children. In today's highly competitive school system, many young students are stressed by their inadequancy of meeting up to peers, teachers and parents' expectations. As a result, more and more students are turning suicidal over failed expectations.

We need to seriously look at how parent coaches their young today. The archaic method of discipline for results may not be relevant anymore in today's world. What works before may not work today especially when the young are not as mentally tough as before. Parents need to rethink their approaches.

Last edited: