• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Primary 5 Boy Commit Suicide Over Lousy Results Or Fall By Accident To Death?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don't blame the educational system. If a boy can commit suicide out of fear of parental scolding, its only a matter of time. Exam results are just a convenient trigger.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't blame the educational system. If a boy can commit suicide out of fear of parental scolding, its only a matter of time. Exam results are just a convenient trigger.

It is not the educational system. It is the way we , parents , have not moved on with the world and be able to adapt our parental coaching methods to the new development of our young. We are still stuck with the old system of discipline for results.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What the child needs to know is that even if he doesn't do well in exams, mum and dad still loves him and will not blame him for not trying .

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I am broken hearted over this. There is no reason that an 11 year old primary 5 child should want to kill himself. He was failed on so many levels by everyone. No child should be subjected to this type of pressure, every child's life is precious. Another death and yet another lesson not learned by all concerned.

Parents - Failed to read the child's emotional state. caning him for failing to get 70% mark indicated to me that this child might have some sort of learning disability. Most kids shoot for 90% or higher. And it seems that he has in the past struggled to get even 70% on his subjects. Some kids are late bloomers, some kids just cannot study, these are facts. For parents not to account for this is sheer lunacy. I have classmates who did so well in school, straight A students, but end up teaching chemistry in a foreign international school. What happened to them? they should have been very senior ranking managers. But that is the way the world works. Classroom success does not translate into real world success, our stupid ministers are prime examples of this. I am not saying they should just completely relax, but they have to read his emotional mind. In all cases, if the kid has honestly and diligently given his best effort, that is all a parent can ask for, even if the marks is not there despite the best effort. For the father to let the mother get away with the pressure and treatment of the son is also on him. I see it so many times, the parents put pressure on the kid to achieve the success that they did not in their own lives. this is not fair to the kid.

The teachers and school - One of the subjects The kid failed was math. Give me a break. Have you seen the math questions in Primary 5 tests and exams nowadays? Its ridiculously hard and stupid. i can tell you with all confidence, there are smart and educated adults out there who will struggle with the same math exam questions that this kid faced. But yet, an 11 year old's brain is no where near fully developed. Kids are not allowed to be kids, with the teachers and the schools heaping on piles and piles of homework and assignments for no fucking reason. If the child can come up with the solution the first time, and the second time, guess what. They know the subject. Its no point to heap on more and more shit of the same nature. Most schools and tutoring centres are drilling the school children for speed in the test. Not for the accuracy of their answers or for their knowledge of the subject. In other words, they not only want to kid to know the test, they want them to answer the questions fast. The end result of all this is that for the slower students, there is no stress relief. there is no opportunity for them to play sports and let of some steam, go out for movies with friends, or do other things that kids do. As a result, the pressure builds up and up until the kid can't take it anymore. Death is a preferred choice rather then the continued pressure from parents and teachers.

The PAP and Old Fart - For some stupid reason, they decided that when they took over, it was all going to be a paper chase or nothing. there are no alternatives. Anything using your hand and not in an aircon office was considered an inferior career and one to be avoided. yet, in many western countries, trades people like plumbers, car mechanics, etc. make a very good living. Even a construction trade school that teaches things like painting and flooring installation and cabinetry and plumbing would have made many such students gainfully employed given the poor quality and many deficiencies of HDB pigeonholes. For students who cannot study but are good with their hands, such trade and technical schools would be of great help. germany is a fine example of such a system.

Unfortunately, this is not the first suicide by a student over academic results, and it will not be the last either. Even if kids do not kill themselves, they are already emotionally and mentally scarred by the time they are finished with all their schooling. May the kid RIP. ANd may many parents and teachers learn from his death. If even one parent or one teacher draws the right conclusion, then his death will not be in vain. make it mean something.

Last edited:

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP and Old Fart - For some stupid reason, they decided that when they took over, it was all going to be a paper chase or nothing. there are no alternatives. Anything using your hand and not in an aircon office was considered an inferior career and one to be avoided.
That "stupid reason" originated from:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_occupations
well over two thousand years ago, resulting in the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Landed_gentry_in_China
who aspired to pass the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_examination
and who were expected to be an example to their community as:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Junzi

LKY also explained it to Charlie Rose some years ago:

[video=youtube;1SUmNP1CR5c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SUmNP1CR5c[/video]

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i dont think many of these sinkie students commit suicide out of fear of punishment or caning,fear of pain is only momentary,i mean millions of children and even adults are being abused and beaten all the time from domestic violence or otherwise,do u see them committing suicide?it just make them want to strike back even harder.people in hospitals are in pain all the time,does it make them want to die?if its terminal perhaps but im sure most would want to live,its only a natural instinct.i once met a guy in ns once,his entire foot and ankle was covered in what was obviously once terrible burnt scars,i asked him what happened and he told me he accidentally slipped and fell into the burner full of burning oil at kfc,the oil burnt right thru his shoes and socks,can u imagine the incredible pain?why didnt he commit suicide?

whats worst than the fear of pain is the fear of failure,for some reason sinkies are incredibly afraid of failure,they have to desperately justify their life value by being successful in one area or another and driving themselves to the limits burning the midnight oil for years and years,to the point of mental exhaustion or breakdown,and for the handful of those succeed and reached the top 5 percent or whatever,congratulations,what about those who failed?suicide is the only way out,we build an idealised image of ourselves over the years from young,constantly pushing ourselves to the breakpoint,the point of meltdown and mental fatigue,telling ourselves that once we make it everything would be worth it,meanwhile lets all work hard to maintain that illusion or self delusion that we are all good,talented and beautiful human beings,until one day the illusion cannot be maintained anymore,reality rears its ugly face and slowly our castle of illusion crumbles under its weight and we can no longer keep the fantasy up any longer,we have to face the cold bitter truth,that we simply just arent good enough,just like the protagonist in shutter island,who finally realises the cold hard truth,that he wasnt a special agent sent on a mission to a insane asylum to investigate foul play and secret experimentation on the island,that he was a patient of the institution himself,incarcerated years ago when he went berserk and killed his wife who was suffering from delusions and mental illness and killed their beloved children.can u face reality?can u live with the truth knowing who you are?"is it better to die a good man or live a monster?" u have given the best in life what is the point of living out the rest of ur life as a pathetic monster living in the shadows of ur past?

thats why u see so many sinkies committing suicide after psle,in JC and university,or the girl who failed and couldnt make it to medical school to become a doctor.

children today in sinkapore are put under so much tremendous pressure,compared to decades ago my parents or grandparents era in the 70s or 80s or even early 90s,being dumb and stupid was the accepted norm,parents didnt give a shit,all my parents and relatives bragged about getting 17 or 20s in the o levels or being dropouts.no one gave a shit and life went on peacefully.

Last edited:

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
being dumb and stupid was the accepted norm,parents didnt give a shit,all my parents and relatives bragged about getting 17 or 20s in the o levels or being dropouts.no one gave a shit and life went on peacefully.
That's because Singapore was still not a "first world" country back then; so a much greater proportion of Sinkies still had the "农工商" mentality, as I mentioned in my post just above yours.

But after most of the old farmland had been developed into modern residential/commercial/industrial real estate, most of Singapore's food supply and low-skilled manual labourers became imports rather than home-grown products and labourers.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's because Singapore was, at that time, still not a "first world" country; so a much greater proportion of Sinkies still had the "农工商" mentality, as I mentioned in my post just above yours.

But after most of the old farmland had been developed into modern residential/commercial/industrial real estate, most of Singapore's food supply and low-skilled manual labourers became imports rather than home-grown products and labourers.

this was the 80s and 90s we are talking about,lets say my parents were born roughly in the 1970s,my grandparents was the babyboomer generation after the war.by the time they did their 0 levels it would be in the mid to late 80s.clearly things were still pretty lax.somehow in the 90s singapore went into this frenzied mode of paper chasing and materialism and the movies like money not enough and im not stupid start popping up.

Last edited:

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
somehow in the 90s singapore went into this frenzied mode of paper chasing and materialism and the movies like money not enough and im not stupid start popping up.
As I've mentioned before in:
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?234231-Which-age-group-do-you-belong-to
I was born in 1982, so I can't speak for 1980s teenagers.
But I agree that I was highly stressed when I was a schoolboy during the 1990s. :(
Fortunately, I did quite well for my PSLE, otherwise I might have committed suicide too. :o

Ed Chigliak

Alfrescian
Loyal
An example of how different races/group distress themselves.

1. Mats: Go one corner, play guitar or play football under the void deck. Those most stressed out, will finger their minah gf under the staircase. According to the Chinks, the Ahnehs and Gragoks also do the same. The only difference is that the Gragoks like to borrow money but never return it back.

2. Chinks: Go into lift and try to molest underaged girls or walking around in hdb units in the wee hours to steal panties and bra. Those most stressed out (no age restriction), jump from their windows.

3. SBF forummers: Log into the forum, rub their testicles and blame everyone else (especially PAP, migrants) for their miserable and non existent life. Those most stressed out, will attempt to rape/abuse their maids. If the maid has a different owner, they will attempt to lure her with cheap $30 phone cards and hotel stay (1hr). Of course if you are an inbred taxi driver (hint: Jah..), you will attempt to blame all the shit skin for all the misery singaporeans have created for themselves.

If Singaporeans seriously want to look into the root cause of the problem, let me lead you in the right path. It all stems from the kiasu, kiasi mentality of the Chinese Singaporeans. Yeah I said it. These selfish and self centred mob, equate 10As in exams to perpetual success in life. They don’t see education as a lifelong process. Everything is equated to success, status and more money. And when someone else reaches that success status, they get jealous and take it out on others (e.g. migrants).
Blame the PAP for all its worth for the stressed out education system. But the reality is that these parents are the ones loading their kids with tuition all week, make them rote learn and overdose on brands essence of chicken.

If someone from overseas ask me as to where they can get a snapshot of the real Singaporeans, I lead them to SBF. Most of you turds are the product of the shitty decisions your parents made.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you mean "de-stress"? :wink:
collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/distress
means "to cause mental pain to; upset badly".

But the reality is that these parents are the ones loading their kids with tuition all week, make them rote learn
Yes, my mother was one such parent. :(

Most of you turds are the product of the shitty decisions your parents made.
I hope I'm one of the tiny minority of Sinkies who have correctly rebelled (i.e. rebelled in the correct way) against our parents, in order to prevent ourselves from becoming the "product of the shitty decisions" our parents made. :o

Last edited:

Ed Chigliak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you mean "de-stress"? :wink:
collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/distress
means "to cause mental pain to; upset badly".

Yeah it was a typo. I was busy trying to avoid using the words advise/advice and I forgot to check the rest of the words. Thanks, buddy.

I hope I'm one of the tiny minority of Sinkies who have correctly rebelled (i.e. rebelled in the correct way) against our parents, in order to prevent ourselves from becoming the "product of the shitty decisions" our parents made. :o

Good to know that. :-)

MadrigalWheel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 11 year old ah boy jumped to death after poor examination result, who fault?

Hug your kids a little tighter. Tell them you love them more and that they mean everything to you.

More than all the exam marks in the world.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: 11 year old ah boy jumped to death after poor examination result, who fault?

Hug your kids a little tighter. Tell them you love them more and that they mean everything to you.

That would be spoiling the brat. It is far better to let them know early in life that it's a jungle out there and only the fittest survive.

Children that survive the baptism of fire will grow up to be strong and responsible. Telling kids you love them despite poor exam results will instill a sense of entitlement and lead them to think that poor performance is an acceptable option with no consequences.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Physical punishment for poor grades?

Sadists!

My dad used to beat the shit out of me whenever I didn't meet his high expectations.

The experience made me stronger and determined to succeed in life.

If my dad had not belted me regularly I'd be a taxi driver today instead of being comfortably retired.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I am broken hearted over this. There is no reason that an 11 year old primary 5 child should want to kill himself. He was failed on so many levels by everyone. No child should be subjected to this type of pressure, every child's life is precious. Another death and yet another lesson not learned by all concerned.

You're showing your true colours as a bleeding heart liberal. :rolleyes:

Of course children should be subjected to pressure. It's part of the selection process to ensure only the best of the species go on to procreate.

If humankind continues this "everybody matters" crap the human race is doomed.

Ed Chigliak

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are joking right? The only thing these parents will hug is their 4D/toto coupon slip or their cars. Wait...er..well...maybe if its the father - only hug the next door pinoy maid. And if mother - only hug the bangla sweeping the corridor)

They are clueless in having an emotional bond/relationship with their own kids. They have this logic that if they push their kids to academic excellence, they are showing "love" to their children.

Anyone reading? Or you morons are still too busy throwing abuse and insults at the Ahneh children of that Grab car drama in a previous thread?

Wait. Anyone remember Benjamin Lim? Do you remember what his father said? His son committed suicide and the father was going on about his son having his last meal which was a cold bun. Do you understand the logic of this parent? I understand his grief but he is showing his emotional love of his child through the cold bun comment.

Think about it.

EC

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If someone from overseas ask me as to where they can get a snapshot of the real Singaporeans, I lead them to SBF. Most of you turds are the product of the shitty decisions your parents made.

There are baskets of deplorables and irredeemables in every corner of real life. Why should this forum be any different?

islamPig

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. Mats: Go one corner, play guitar or play football under the void deck. Those most stressed out, will finger their minah gf under the staircase. According to the Chinks, the Ahnehs and Gragoks also do the same. The only difference is that the Gragoks like to borrow money but never return it back.

2. Chinks: Go into lift and try to molest underaged girls or walking around in hdb units in the wee hours to steal panties and bra. Those most stressed out (no age restriction), jump from their windows.

3. SBF forummers: Log into the forum, rub their testicles and blame everyone else (especially PAP, migrants) for their miserable and non existent life. Those most stressed out, will attempt to rape/abuse their maids. If the maid has a different owner, they will attempt to lure her with cheap $30 phone cards and hotel stay (1hr). Of course if you are an inbred taxi driver (hint: Jah..), you will attempt to blame all the shit skin for all the misery singaporeans have created for themselves.

If Singaporeans seriously want to look into the root cause of the problem, let me lead you in the right path. It all stems from the kiasu, kiasi mentality of the Chinese Singaporeans. Yeah I said it. These selfish and self centred mob, equate 10As in exams to perpetual success in life. They don’t see education as a lifelong process. Everything is equated to success, status and more money. And when someone else reaches that success status, they get jealous and take it out on others (e.g. migrants).
Blame the PAP for all its worth for the stressed out education system. But the reality is that these parents are the ones loading their kids with tuition all week, make them rote learn and overdose on brands essence of chicken.

Keling shitskin spotted. Welcome to join nick ChineseDog in his retarded club. You can join him to fuck his own mothers and daughters because you Keling shitskin love incest as well. Fuck you understand.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hello mr shit skin. Trying to blame Chinese when it's your own shit skin kind that behaves in the most fucked up manner. Why is it not surprising.