• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious CPIB investigate Sg Ah Tiong ping pong star mean what ah

GoodGame

Alfrescian
Loyal
faster send the AT home.

He came to SG in 2010, and within 1 year can get citizenship.

No wonder FTs love to come here, citizenship is given out freely.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
No report on what is being investigated ?

Similanjiao journalism is that ?

Exactly, shit times reporting at its best. Need to lay off some more fucktard reporters.

the C word is not mentioned, but I guess there is a reason why CPIB is investigating. The fucker has been throwing matches for money.

The future of Singapore's second- ranked men's table tennis player hangs in the balance, with Li Hu suspended by the Singapore Table Tennis Association (STTA).
The Straits Times understands that the 28-year-old is also assisting the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) in an investigation, although it is believed the subject of the investigation is not the cause of his suspension by the STTA.
The world No. 58 has been punished by the sport's local governing body and is set to have his case reviewed by a disciplinary committee.

STTA president Ellen Lee told The Straits Times yesterday: "Li Hu's (contract) has not been terminated yet. He has been suspended. We're going to form a disciplinary committee; it should be quite soon."

She confirmed that a CPIB probe is ongoing but declined to comment further on the matter.

When contacted, Li - who had been living at the STTA hostel at its Toa Payoh headquarters but was asked to pack his bags over the weekend - showed much contrition.
He acknowledged he had failed to abide by team rules and it was his misconduct that led to his suspension.
As a show of remorse, he wrote a letter to the STTA's management last Friday in the hope that the association would give him a chance. In the letter, he gave assurances that he would not be the source of any more disciplinary concerns in the future.
He told ST: "I made a mistake - everyone does. I'm genuinely sorry and I'm willing to admit my wrongdoing. I just hope that the STTA will give me a chance.
"I want to continue playing for Singapore and I can still play for many years.
"I believe I still have a lot to contribute to Singapore table tennis and can help bring more glory to the country."
He insisted, however, that he had not broken the law.
Should Li's services be terminated, it will be another blow to the men's national team, which has had a trying few months.
For the first time since the team event was introduced to the Olympic programme in 2008, the Singapore men failed to qualify as a team for August's Rio Games.
Renewal is also a pressing issue, with veterans like three-time Olympian and world No. 41 Gao Ning, 34, and No. 168 Yang Zi, 32, well into the twilight of their careers.
Li, a Hubei native who was the 2003 world junior singles champion and has a career-high ranking of No. 26, had been groomed over the years to take over the veterans' mantle.
Since arriving in Singapore in 2010 and taking up citizenship in 2011, he has helped break new ground for the men's team.
His top achievements have come in the doubles, having partnered Gao to back-to-back titles at the International Table Tennis Federation World Tour Grand Finals in 2014, the sport's prestigious year-ender.
The duo also won a bronze - the Republic's first men's doubles medal at the Asian Games - at the 2014 Incheon edition.
They also claimed the Commonwealth Games men's doubles title in Glasgow that year.
Said Li: "My time in Singapore has not been without results. I've been here for so many years and this is where I had always intended to stay.
"I definitely never had the intention to call it a day."

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
According to a report from the New Paper, he is being investigated for alleged attempted bribery of a sports association official.

National table tennis player under CPIB probe

CPIB investigates alleged bribery attempt after STTA raises alarm

By SHAMIR OSMAN
The New Paper Online

Officers from the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) paid a visit to the Singapore Table Tennis Association's (STTA) Toa Payoh headquarters yesterday, with sources revealing that a national men's player and his relative were being investigated for alleged attempted bribery of an official from the national sports association.

The New Paper understands that national men's player Li Hu was the paddler in question, but it remained unclear what prompted the alleged bribery attempt that was brought to the attention of authorities by the STTA.

In addition to the paddler and his relative, the CPIB also took statements from STTA officials.

When contacted, the STTA declined to comment on the matter as investigations are ongoing.

In response to queries from The New Paper, the CPIB declined to ascertain facts of the case.

"Due to the nature of our work, we will not confirm or deny whether any individual or identity is being investigated for corrupt practices," said its statement.

Li is currently ranked 58th in the world and struck gold at the 2015 South-east Asia Games held in Singapore. He was part of the men's winning team and partnered Gao Ning to win gold in the men's doubles gold. He also clinched a bronze in the mixed doubles.

He is the Republic's second highest ranked men's paddler, with Gao Ning sitting 17 spots above him in 41st spot.

While Gao made it to August's Rio Olympics, Li did not.

He was beaten to the qualifying spot by teammate Chen Feng (world No. 149) in the final of the South-east Asia segment of the table tennis Asia Olympic qualifiers in Hong Kong in June.

The men's team did not qualify for the Olympics.

This year, Li's best showing was a second-placed finish in the men's singles at the Australian Open.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who is these Tiong? Never heard of him nor seen him in TT games on TV. Another rubbish from that country where money can buy anything?

And it was reported he bought a HDB flat? He is 28 and single. On what basis does HDB allow him to buy, even resale unit? I guess CPIB also need to investigate how he bought the HDB when many sinkies, single and below 35, is not qualified to buy!

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
He brought a female back to his dormitory for the night when his contract clearly stipulates it's not permitted.

What did the official who was offered the 'bribe' blow the whistle on the PRC ?

I suspect the one the PRC brought back must be a Fan Bing Bing replica, but the purported bribe may have been a replica of an over-the-hill Gong Li.