• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Son of Laid off SPH Staff Feel Betrayed LOL

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
KENNA WACK IN THE COMMENT SECTION BY HARDCORE OPPOSITIONS.

http://www.tremeritus.com/2016/10/19/the-irony-of-an-sph-staff/

Thank you for publishing my letter. I am writing on behalf of my dad who is a staff of SPH.

And whom have not been sleeping well since he found out from Yahoo! about the impending retrenchment. How ironic! SPH prides itself as a reliable news source, yet its staff had to wait weeks to find out the news from other sources.

Looking at the current economic condition and at his age of 55, you can surely understand why. But what’s irked him most is, he is passionate about his job and had given his all. Yet all he gets is a “news blackout” from his own company that he fought for.

We have the following questions for the SPH’s management and hope through your social media network we raise questions how they can do the staff such a big disservice.

1. Why aren’t the staff given a heads-up earlier?

Rumours have been in the office about retrenchment for a while. And when Yahoo first broke the news about the rumours, SPH didn’t debunk it.

Which also means, SPH somewhat confirms it. So my question is why can’t the SPH management be upfront about the retrenchment with the staff?

Maybe their excuse is they fear compromising shareholders’ interest when they are reporting the financial position.

But, I would like to remind the management of SPH that whatever profit that the shareholders are enjoying came from the sweat of staff.

What shareholders’ are facing are but lower returns. But staff are facing the loss of their livelihood. So don’t you think staff deserves to be informed first?

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/sph-reports-175-d…

2. Why can’t SPH work with the union earlier to save jobs? Scared of union ah?

Economy is bad now. Retrenchment is in the news every week.

So If there is a need for SPH to protect shareholders’ interest, then at least tell union earlier so they have time to find an alternative to retrenchment, like redeploy staff to other departments or have time to train staff for other jobs right?

But we are sad to learn from, again Yahoo!, that the union was only told 30 minutes before the Monday townhall!

That makes me wonder why? Management didn’t bother trying alternatives to retrenchment?

This last few days is a very bad one for my family.

It is frustrating for my dad to learn that the company that he once so proud of, is so heartless and totally disregard the livelihood of staff. We still don’t know if he will lose his job, and when he will be asked to leave.

I also want to urge the shareholders to also stand on the staff side and voice out for them.

Ultimately they are the one who brings you returns for your investment.

Betrayed

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's sad and angry cos his dad is a pap supporter and now betrayed by the pap.
The SPH union is a fake trade union.
Don't wait,he better and faster ask his dad to become a taxi driver or a security guard.
Timid sinkee do not deserve any pity.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please explain your claim "now betrayed by the pap". His old man was retrenched by SPH, yes?
Don't wait,he better and faster ask his dad to become a taxi driver or a security guard.
Your Prime Ministar wants to turn Sinkieland into a smart nation with driverless cars and CCTV surveillance replacing security guards. Will there be enough jobs for taxi drivers and security guards?

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
son, pls tell yr papa that to survive in sg,

one have to be either

a plp or PAP,

or else you are farked

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if a sinkie still needs a job at 55 to make ends meet he should consider himself a loser and jump into marina bay.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tis part lagi best, confirmed Joker! Haha

But, I would like to remind the management of SPH that whatever profit that the shareholders are enjoying came from the sweat of staff.

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imagine his dad has been sucking don't know how many PAP cocks for so many years. Still PAP fuck care his dad.

What do you expect from Sinkie Propaganda House?

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't you just love it when you see these PAP lowlife ball-less shit getting a taste of their own medicine.

This poor son must face the hard truth...

His dad has become irrelevant...at his age of 55, he is replaceable with imported shitskin at half the pay.

Similarly, loyal Singapore citizen also becomes irrelevant when they give freely new citizenship to foreigners who will suck up to them and give them the replaced vote...

This is the hard truth of our government today.

On the bright side, the Government can guarantee you jobs as Taxi drivers and give another 10 years a job in a food court clearing tables...

THE HARD TRUTH.....MOST OLD FOLKS CLEARING TABLES HOLD THE PINK I/C.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those in their 20s can't find jobs or good paying jobs
Those in their 30s hang on to their dead end jobs to pay loans
Those in their 40s are in danger of being replace by those in the 20s or FT
Those in their 50s once replaced, have no hope of getting another good job
Those in their 60s and beyond you better not fall sick

This poor son must face the hard truth...

His dad has become irrelevant...at his age of 55, he is replaceable with imported shitskin at half the pay.

Similarly, loyal Singapore citizen also becomes irrelevant when they give freely new citizenship to foreigners who will suck up to them and give them the replaced vote...

This is the hard truth of our government today.

On the bright side, the Government can guarantee you jobs as Taxi drivers and give another 10 years a job in a food court clearing tables...

THE HARD TRUTH.....MOST OLD FOLKS CLEARING TABLES HOLD THE PINK I/C.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkees are not only timid they are also stupid.They don't know that SPH is a GLC.
They do not deserve any pity.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
The SPH union is a fake trade union.
Timid sinkee do not deserve any pity.

............ even taxi will soon be driverless

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
When it downturn we will all be sad. :(
When it upturn we will all be glad! :smile:
Go for help at e2i
Or call union hotline
Cut jobs save costs good for Singapore. :cool: