• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious CPF complete and utter failure. 80% sinkies worry not enough worry for old age

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE - Eight in 10 Singaporeans are worried about growing old, a survey has found.
Topping their worries is whether they can look after themselves when they are old. Financial worries of running out of savings is next, according to a survey released on Tuesday (Oct 18).

Nearly 1,000 Singaporeans aged 30 to 75 were interviewed in the survey commissioned by insurance cooperative NTUC Income and philanthropic organisation Lien Foundation.

The survey also found that nearly eight in 10 Singaporeans prefer to grow old in their homes, consistent with the government push to encourage Singaporeans to "age in place", or spend their twilight years in their homes.
About half the respondents were willing to stay at a nursing home, but only two in five were willing to send a loved one there.

The survey found that for those willing to stay in seniors' homes, an overwhelming nine in 10 prefer single or two bedded-rooms that currently do not qualify for government subsidies.
"Aged care facility providers can take heed of the varying preferences shown by the different age groups," said Lien Foundation programme manager Gabriel Lim of the findings.
NTUC Income also launch on Tuesday in conjunction with the survey findings release a new insurance plan that covers senior diseases like Parkinson's disease, dementia and Alzheimer's diseases. The new plan covers policyholders until age 100.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - Eight in 10 Singaporeans are worried about growing old, a survey has found.
Topping their worries is whether they can look after themselves when they are old. Financial worries of running out of savings is next, according to a survey released on Tuesday (Oct 18).

Nearly 1,000 Singaporeans aged 30 to 75 were interviewed in the survey commissioned by insurance cooperative NTUC Income and philanthropic organisation Lien Foundation.

The survey also found that nearly eight in 10 Singaporeans prefer to grow old in their homes, consistent with the government push to encourage Singaporeans to "age in place", or spend their twilight years in their homes.
About half the respondents were willing to stay at a nursing home, but only two in five were willing to send a loved one there.

The survey found that for those willing to stay in seniors' homes, an overwhelming nine in 10 prefer single or two bedded-rooms that currently do not qualify for government subsidies.
"Aged care facility providers can take heed of the varying preferences shown by the different age groups," said Lien Foundation programme manager Gabriel Lim of the findings.
NTUC Income also launch on Tuesday in conjunction with the survey findings release a new insurance plan that covers senior diseases like Parkinson's disease, dementia and Alzheimer's diseases. The new plan covers policyholders until age 100.

without doubt, CPF wont be enough.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The same 80% (from 70) that will vote for them in the next election?
I rest my case

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
CPF supplements personal savings. It is not a pension scheme.

It does not matter what it supplements. 80% just do not think its enough for old age. That is the bottom line. just like we don't count you supplementing your female coitus with sheep. so, it should not be mixed. got it?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
99% cant have savings in high cost SG. savings not enough, CPF not enough. That's the tragedy

80% think that rising costs will outstrip their savings. that is why they do not think its enough.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
CPF supplements personal savings. It is not a pension scheme.

CPF could work as a pension scheme if sinkies made full use of CPF's compounding effect by maxing out their special account as early as possible. I have enough money in my CPF account to retire comfortably, without having to touch my regular cash. I thank PAP for this beautiful CPF scheme.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
CPF could work as a pension scheme if sinkies made full use of CPF's compounding effect by maxing out their special account as early as possible. I have enough money in my CPF account to retire comfortably, without having to touch my regular cash. I thank PAP for this beautiful CPF scheme.

Yes me too but you have to remember that there are many sinkie losers who are too lazy to make any real money.

I still have close to half a million smackos in my cpf account. The interest rate is excellent too.

Whenever I see my CPF statement I feel so rich.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
80% think that rising costs will outstrip their savings. that is why they do not think its enough.
In the past few days the state-controlled print newspaper has published reports of the escalating health insurance premiums caused by increasing healthcare costs.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These kinda sentiments need to conduct survey shows how out of touch those in ivory towers are...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
although cpf is not for retirement, sinkies are lucky to have cpf and the pap. just look at the richest cuntry in the world with the largest gdp. over 69% of americans don't even have $1000 in their savings accounts. about 50% don't have anything, not even $1 in a savings account. truly pathetic.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Liquidate everything and migrate elsewhere, it's not as though you get free healthcare over here when you are old.

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal

LAN JIAO LAH...................if you got so much money, no need to be a PAP PorLumPar IB here liao lah...........

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is great success. If 80% worry, then government only have to worry about helping the other 20%. If you no worry, then government worry! :eek: