• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat PAP To Provide Jobs And Grassroots Leader Mentor To Jobless Hawkers After Jurong Fire

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE - Stallholders affected by the market blaze at Jurong West Street 41 will receive help in finding jobs and a mentor to understand their needs.

Jurong GRC MP Ang Wei Neng said on Sunday that he has arranged a job fair at Jurong Green Community Club on Oct 27 which will focus on the food and beverage sectors and offer temporary and permanent kitchen jobs.

He has also started a mentorship scheme in which a grassroot leader will be attached to four or five stall holders to hear their needs and see how they can help.

He added that "a fraction" of stallholders have expressed interest in taking up another stall elsewhere and estimated that the market at Block 493 will take at least a year to be rebuilt.

In a statement, the Housing Board (HDB) said that to make the site at block 493 safe for entry, it has installed supports to prop up the structure. Work to clear the debris and carry out disinfection and anti-mosquito treatment has also been carried out.

The site is still unsafe for the general public. When the Straits Times visited, it was a tangled mess of twisted and charred metal. The metal roof had caved in and the main columns supporting it were slanted and cracked.

Stallholders and their staff were allowed to enter the site briefly under supervision on Sunday afternoon.

A 41-year-old Singaporean man was charged in court on Saturday with causing the fire that destroyed two coffee shops and a wet market early on Tuesday.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...be-given-help-finding-jobs-after-market-blaze

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: PAP To Provide Jobs And Grassroots Leader Mentor To Jobless Hawkers After Jurong

PAP is simply the best!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: PAP To Provide Jobs And Grassroots Leader Mentor To Jobless Hawkers After Jurong

I've volunteered to be one of the grassroots leaders mentors to these lowly hawkers. Wish me luck in mentoring these serfs!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I've volunteered to be one of the grassroots leaders mentors to these lowly hawkers. Wish me luck in mentoring these serfs!

How much is the PAP paying :confused:

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal

How much is the PAP paying :confused:

You should ask instead how much ghee JohnTan's recruitment and event companies are sucking from PA and the misfortune of the 'lowerly' hawkers.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Those hawkers you mentor will lose their shirt and pants to you.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

there is NO job for LT........... all available ones went to f trashes and still streaming in that direction

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

actually, i have a plan which is betterer. it's time to raise prices of hawker food. if tai hwa bak chor mee can sell for $10 a bowl, i can't see no reason for hawkers not to raise their prices. but do not raise their rental, dun let the greedy landlords sapo their hard earned money. what do you think?

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal

actually, i have a plan which is betterer. it's time to raise prices of hawker food. if tai hwa bak chor mee can sell for $10 a bowl, i can't see no reason for hawkers not to raise their prices. but do not raise their rental, dun let the greedy landlords sapo their hard earned money. what do you think?
I tot u said u waNt to quit here n
Go sell duck egg n treatment.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If lowly hawkers can sell a bowl of noodles for $10, then it is time for landlords to double their rent!

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i'll suppork you all the way as you're the best qualified chap to mentor them.
p/s - pls take that sob who burnt down the hawker centre to task, as he burnt the styrofoam boxes that spread to the whole centre - and deprived you of your well-known status as pa events tarpow king and food on the table for your loved ones :p