• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Three Reasons SG Can't Compete

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore cannot die because of its location. It sits rights in a bottleneck shipping lane between east and west. And if there is such thing as a malaysia-indonesia merger, singapore would be the ideal place for the capital.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think sg school system train book muggers, look at the elites tending to their GLC stalls, you know they are incompetent. of course saying so, i am also a all Abs. student, i chose a different path.:o

parrardee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore cannot die because of its location. It sits rights in a bottleneck shipping lane between east and west. And if there is such thing as a malaysia-indonesia merger, singapore would be the ideal place for the capital.

This person just wishes the worst for Singapore but that is all it is, wishful thinking.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

I hope you are right.

But china is building a land silk road to the middle east and may cut the Kra canal to let ships bypass malacca straits

the pap cant even get basics right and SG is surviving on past glories.

parrardee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope you are right.

But china is building a land silk road to the middle east and may cut the Kra canal to let ships bypass malacca straits

PAP's fault again, so who do you have in mind that can do better. Roy and Amos?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

if pap continues to side with USA and japan in their conflict with China, China will not let SG get away scot free. pap has foolishly admitted 1m PRCs into SG without checking their backgrounds and criminal records. All China needs to do is
1. activate the PRCs here
2. make SG businesses in China suffer
3. get its allies to retaliate against SG
4. cut kra canal and allow shipping from Indian Ocean to South China Sea by pass SG

Guess who will suffer?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if pap continues to side with USA and japan in their conflict with China, China will not let SG get away scot free. pap has foolishly admitted 1m PRCs into SG without checking their backgrounds and criminal records. All China needs to do is
1. activate the PRCs here
2. make SG businesses in China suffer
3. get its allies to retaliate against SG
4. cut kra canal and allow shipping from Indian Ocean to South China Sea by pass SG

Guess who will suffer?

If PAP hasn't been siding with chinkland, then we wouldn't have admitted 1 million chinks into Singapore with minimal background checks.

I am sure we would be scared if chinkland's allies such as cambodia and laos slapped us with economic sanctions.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
If PAP hasn't been siding with chinkland, then we wouldn't have admitted 1 million chinks into Singapore with minimal background checks.

I am sure we would be scared if chinkland's allies such as cambodia and laos slapped us with economic sanctions.

PAP is stuck in old mode. The new power balance is China-Russia-India-Iran.

USA is in decline

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
PAP is stuck in old mode. The new power balance is China-Russia-India-Iran.

USA is in decline

Our Five Power Defence would be sufficient to meet this threat.

I expect India to sell out chinkland's new Axis coalition, as expected of their keling behaviour.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope you are right.

The only threat to singapore is the melting ice at the north pole. If that happens, merchant ships can save weeks from china, japan and korea to europe and US.
The silk route rail cannot take the volume plus its meant to benefit the landlocked countries like kazakhstan etc.
The kra canal not effective enough unlike panama and suez which can save weeks of sailing time.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She is most probably:
sammyboy.com/member.php?9902-TracyTan866
and I have a feeling that she's a staunch supporter (or even a member) of one of the opposition parties, and there is a good chance that some people who know her in real life also know that she used to post here as TracyTan866 until a week before the GE2015 Polling Day.

During that one week before GE2015 Polling Day, she was probably very busy helping out at the opposition parties' rallies, which was probably why she stopped posting on 4 September 2015.

And after the opposition parties not only lost again, but even lost at least 100,000 GE2011 opposition voters to the PAP, she probably also lost too much face to resume posting again, especially after she initiated a bet with Leongsam:
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?207675-SG-s-Next-GE-Result-Prediction-Leongsam-vs-TracyTan866

Even her last post was also in the above thread:
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?207675-SG-s-Next-GE-Result-Prediction-Leongsam-vs-TracyTan866&p=2282725#post2282725

Wah..got such bet going I didn't know :biggrin:
I wish more clowns place bet and vanish ...

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our Five Power Defence would be sufficient to meet this threat.

I expect India to sell out chinkland's new Axis coalition, as expected of their keling behaviour.

The FPDA is an obsolete entity. It was conceived in the 1960s comprising UK, Aus, NZ, Malaysia and SG. NZ doesnt even have a decent Air Force. RNZAF's strike aircraft of A4s were retired long ago and it now has hercules and helicopters with no fighters. UK has been relegated to a regional air force and cant even project its air power to SE Asia. Malaysia's F18s and F29s are meant to counter RSAF's F16s and F15s.

The FPDA's fighting doctrine is obsolete. There has been very little taks force operations among the five air forces

How deterrent can FPDA be against China?

If pap thinks FPDA is a credible force then it is sadly mistaken

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only threat to singapore is the melting ice at the north pole. If that happens, merchant ships can save weeks from china, japan and korea to europe and US.
The silk route rail cannot take the volume plus its meant to benefit the landlocked countries like kazakhstan etc.
The kra canal not effective enough unlike panama and suez which can save weeks of sailing time.

the Kra canal can kill SG's trade

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Three reasons SG can't compete:

1. Electricity price: Singapore 19.27c per KW, Malaysia 12.5cents per KW
2. Petrol: Singapore $2.01 per litre, Malaysia 59c per litre
3. Honda Civic: Singapore S$112 k, Malaysia $39K

these are horrible examples you've cited. sg should not compromise on the last 2 reasons as they are excellent to drive road traffic down and reduce commuter jams on roadways, allowing commercial vehicles to ply the roads without delays and keep up with economic activity, unlike traffic conditions in other southeast asian cuntries where workers are stuck in traffic and commerce can do jackshit.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Justmythots

Alfrescian
Loyal
these are horrible examples you've cited. sg should not compromise on the last 2 reasons as they are excellent to drive road traffic down and reduce commuter jams on roadways, allowing commercial vehicles to ply the roads without delays and keep up with economic activity, unlike traffic conditions in other southeast asian cuntries where workers are stuck in traffic and commerce can do jackshit.

View attachment 28675
It is so sad for you Southeast Asians stuck in the 3rd world, that your only choices in your mind are taking public transport in a little microstate or owning a car but driving in stressful pothole filled conditions in your third world neighbours. I mean, all the motorists in every USA major metro area can have happy stress-free drives, drive in low density, choose any lifestyle option they like, because the country is big, anyone can live anywhere and the economy is powered as a whole no need to be stuck in one little city.

The coming of names like Netflix and Amazon shopping might give you sinkies a fresh, never-had-before taste of what we have been enjoying for 20 years. But you can never replicate our lifestyles and options. In less than 3 decades, China will be on parity with US, and citizens there also can enjoy the same thing choosing thousands of living places and lifestyle options based on desires while your descendants continue to rot in SG

Last edited:

Justmythots

Alfrescian
Loyal

Only a yalam shit skin would use the word chink. And with the fakest name ever to pose as Chinese, eg John Tan. You would still be in huts made of leaves and sticks if the Brits hadn't arrived to bring the Chinese in. When China and USA are on parity, which isn't an "if" but a matter of "when", you can go back to the m&d huts and those who have left will laugh at the dumb "sin khek" Chinese (comprise 90% of all Chinese there) who had their genuine culture obliterated by Ang moh-cocksucker Lee Con You and brainwashed by Lee Con You propaganda that they are Straits Chinese to hang on in a sinking small boat.

Last edited:

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Three reasons SG can't compete:

1. Electricity price: Singapore 19.27c per KW, Malaysia 12.5cents per KW
2. Petrol: Singapore $2.01 per litre, Malaysia 59c per litre
3. Honda Civic: Singapore S$112 k, Malaysia $39K

These are all the "physical" constraints.

I will tell you the real reason Sinkies cant compete (whether is it the GLC scholars, oppositions, the Towkays or the low class peasants) is they lack creativity, independent thought, boldness and most importantly an opened mind.

Their "WORLD" is only Singapore.

The South East Asian ethnic Chinese left Qing Dynasty's totally bankrupt famine ridden China and make their presence in the region.

Even now the PRC peasants venture to US, Australia, Africa, South America, Europe, work hard, rags to riches. While the Spanish were sitting there complaining about their bankrupt economy, the PRCs made it by opening $1 shops selling cheap stuff to the impoverished Spanish. Most of these "Italian Made" designer goods are made up by PRC immigrants in Italy.

The Japanese who comes from a very advanced economy has built up very successful restaurant chains overseas (Ajisen is owned by a Japanese based in HK, even in SG there now many well know ramen shops owned by Japanese based here).

Fact is the world have never witness a nationality as castrated as Sinkies where they continue to get screwed (trains breaking down, electricity/petrol price not dropping in tandem to crude price crashing down, middle classed PMETS getting replaced by FTs) and reprimanded in their face by the ruling party for being LOSERS. I don't even see that in totalitarian countries like North Korea, not in Communist China or autocratic Russia! Imaging Western European leaders or Japanese PM go tell their unemployed peasants as LOSERS, need SKILLS UPGRADING, lowered expectations (while they and their GLC scholars continue to reek millions)! And