• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Medisave ceiling 49800

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ma.png

Yes not enough, I want to top up , can or not ?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Anybody hit the ceiling Liao ?

But now I think really not enough.

I hit that ceiling in about year 9 of working. The interest I collect from my MA can pay for whatever medishield life premiums.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far my medical fee for 8 days estimated 3800
Then the fuck MediShield life only cover 130 .
The premium I paid is more than the insurance claim.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Did you really think that Medishield was implemented to help Sporeans:confused:

Many suspect that it was started to drain people's CPF because there is not enough $ to pay those who reach 55. Now that the withdrawal age has been shifted to 65 & other changes, they can steal more of the people's CPF.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you really think that Medishield was implemented to help Sporeans:confused:

Many suspect that it was started to drain people's CPF because there is not enough $ to pay those who reach 55. Now that the withdrawal age has been shifted to 65 & other changes, they can steal more of the people's CPF.

Another way to suck blood lah

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am surprised if medishield life covered only 130.
The reason for medishield and whatever medical insurance is to enable the patient be covered for catastrophic illness, i.e. In your case, perhaps will need to wait till the final bill comes in to assess.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will hit it by next june.. what happens after hitting it? no need to contribute to MA anymore?

"From 1 January 2016, there will only be one Medisave-related amount you need to be concerned about – the Basic Healthcare Sum. This amount is $49,800 in 2016, and will increase each year in response to Medisave use.

So basically, if you have less than the Basic Healthcare Sum, don’t worry. You will no longer be expected to top it up from your Ordinary and Special Accounts when you turn 55.

If you already have the maximum Basic Healthcare Sum in your Medisave Account, nothing has changed. As before, excess Medisave contributions will be transferred to your Special Account (if you’re below 55) or your Retirement Account (if you’re above 55)."

All will go to SA... all within the CPF "loop" :p