• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Abuse of Healthcare in SG

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Prior to 2010, there was a Guideline on Fees (GOF) published by the Singapore Medical Association which set a reasonable ethical range of fees that doctors could charge patients.

https://www.ccs.gov.sg/public-regis...apore-medical-association--guidelines-on-fees

The Competition Commission of Singapore issued its final decision in 2010 that the guidelines were anti-competitive.

Hence the GOF was abolished. Back then the public's response was to cheer the government and condemn the doctors saying that doctors could no longer "set whatever fee they wanted". Which is the TOTAL OPPOSITE OF WHAT THE GOF WAS! If the SMA set the fee range, doctors were ill advised to charge outside of the range. But sinkies read it as the doctors are a cartel and would set higher and higher fee ranges. WRONG ANSWER. No guidelines means free for all. And with free for all.....costs sure go up lah.

Singaporeans deserve what they are getting because they are just so stupid.

Anyway after the Dr Susan Lim case showed that without the GOF, basically the doctors can literally CHARGE WHATEVER THEY WANTED, there is now talk to bring back the GOF. How dumb and shortsighted.

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/guidelines-doctors-fees-could-be-reinstated

2 years have now passed and nothing.

Good luck you stupid Singaporeans. Just deserve to be screwed lah.

https://www.sma.org.sg/UploadedImg/...SMA_Guideline_on_Fees_MediaRelease02Apr07.pdf

You go research average costs pre-2007 and post-2007 especially post-2010 and see what you find.

Stupid government. Stupid sinkies. No hope country. Surely die soon.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prior to 2010, there was a Guideline on Fees (GOF) published by the Singapore Medical Association which set a reasonable ethical range of fees that doctors could charge patients.

https://www.ccs.gov.sg/public-regis...apore-medical-association--guidelines-on-fees

The Competition Commission of Singapore issued its final decision in 2010 that the guidelines were anti-competitive.

Hence the GOF was abolished. Back then the public's response was to cheer the government and condemn the doctors saying that doctors could no longer "set whatever fee they wanted". Which is the TOTAL OPPOSITE OF WHAT THE GOF WAS! If the SMA set the fee range, doctors were ill advised to charge outside of the range. But sinkies read it as the doctors are a cartel and would set higher and higher fee ranges. WRONG ANSWER. No guidelines means free for all. And with free for all.....costs sure go up lah.

Singaporeans deserve what they are getting because they are just so stupid.

Anyway after the Dr Susan Lim case showed that without the GOF, basically the doctors can literally CHARGE WHATEVER THEY WANTED, there is now talk to bring back the GOF. How dumb and shortsighted.

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/guidelines-doctors-fees-could-be-reinstated

2 years have now passed and nothing.

Good luck you stupid Singaporeans. Just deserve to be screwed lah.

https://www.sma.org.sg/UploadedImg/...SMA_Guideline_on_Fees_MediaRelease02Apr07.pdf

You go research average costs pre-2007 and post-2007 especially post-2010 and see what you find.

Stupid government. Stupid sinkies. No hope country. Surely die soon.

Thanks for your inputs.

The truth hurts.

But there are many PAP ibs who accuse us of rumour mongering and anti SG. I wish the SMA and PAP can really serve Singapore and Singaporeans. SMA is the professional body and pap is the govt. If they are not willing to take care of Singaporeans, we are doomed

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Robbed and fucked twice.
First round for the premium, second round for the bill since basic policy barely covers shit.

Yes. Many Singaporeans will pay the premium for life and hopefully not have to be admitted to hospital

But the doubly unfortunate Singaporeans will pay premium for life and when they have to be admitted to hospital, get served with a hefty medical bill.

Sad

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
How does that work when the govt themselves are doing it?

There is no hope when a rogue govt like the pap rules.

That's why I speak out against the rogue pap. the only hope is for Singaporeans to wake up and quickly vote out the pap and send in a responsible govt

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
But there are many PRP ibs who accuse us of rumour mongering and anti SG. I wish the SMA and PAP can really serve Singapore and Singaporeans. SMA is the professional body and pap is the govt. If they are not willing to take care of Singaporeans, we are doomed

SMA fought the CCS for 3 years to try to keep the GOF. We all knew that abolishing the GOF and allowing free market forces would only do nothing but cause the price of healthcare to go up drastically.

In Singapore, it doesn't matter what professional bodies think. The government decides and it is written in stone.

Competition never causes prices to fall. Never. It always goes up. Almost everything in Singapore is privatised. Even the public works department in Singapore is privatised. Was sold to Australian company who then sold to a China company. Little wonder why all the public infrastructure is crumbling in Singapore.

You have still not accepted the truth. Stop blaming others. Stop blaming the PAP. Stop blaming the SMA. Stop blaming anyone other than yourself.

It is the fault of each and every Singaporean who is blind to see the truth or cowardly to accept and face the truth. Singaporeans have made Singapore what it is today. That is the truth.

There are ways to remedy this. All involve great sacrifice and personal strife. But sinkies are all selfish and kiasu kiasee. So they will not do anything but kpkb.

Good luck Singapore! LOL!

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
SMA fought the CCS for 3 years to try to keep the GOF. We all knew that abolishing the GOF and allowing free market forces would only do nothing but cause the price of healthcare to go up drastically.

In Singapore, it doesn't matter what professional bodies think. The government decides and it is written in stone.

Competition never causes prices to fall. Never. It always goes up. Almost everything in Singapore is privatised. Even the public works department in Singapore is privatised. Was sold to Australian company who then sold to a China company. Little wonder why all the public infrastructure is crumbling in Singapore.

You have still not accepted the truth. Stop blaming others. Stop blaming the PAP. Stop blaming the SMA. Stop blaming anyone other than yourself.

It is the fault of each and every Singaporean who is blind to see the truth or cowardly to accept and face the truth. Singaporeans have made Singapore what it is today. That is the truth.

There are ways to remedy this. All involve great sacrifice and personal strife. But sinkies are all selfish and kiasu kiasee. So they will not do anything but kpkb.

Good luck Singapore! LOL!

Singapore is crumbling.

I disagree with you that I shd blame myself. I am happy to know that I fought a good fight against tyranny and the pap.

I wont die because I am blessed.

But I pity the poor, aged and the sick and those who think that pap serves SG.

I believe LWL knows the truth and I also believe she and LHY are good people who care for the country. Can we expect LWL and LHY to step forward and help restore what LKY fought for or will they just allow whatever was built crumble?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Yup typical sinkie attitude.

Not my fault. Not my responsibility what. What can I do? Someone else's responsibility to improve things. Save Singapore. Change. But not something for me to do. Wait for the savior/s. I am blessed, I am not affected, lagi more not my problem. Pity XYZ. Their problem. Someone please help them. But not me ok? I am too busy working and making money for myself.

Yup sinkies.

Good luck sinkies!

good luck.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not my fault. Not my responsibility what. What can I do? Someone else's responsibility to improve things. Save Singapore. Change. But not something for me to do. Wait for the savior/s. I am blessed, I am not affected, lagi more not my problem. Pity XYZ. Their problem. Someone please help them. But not me ok? I am too busy working and making money for myself.

Yup sinkies.

Good luck sinkies!

good luck.

hahaha...speak for yourself.

where are you now? before you slam me, look at yourself.

I am in SG and fighting the pap the best i know how

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Obviously it is very effective.

Yup I siam long long liao. My life is now so good. My kids are so happy. I'm so happy.

I come here see you guys kpkb really so fun to laugh at you all. LOL!

Ok lah. I wish you all the best seriously. Hopefully, fighting the PAP each of you best know how to will make Singapore a better place in the future lah.

I am glad that Singapore's future has no bearing on mine anymore.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yup sinkies.

Good luck sinkies!

good luck.

What the fuck is all this shit here?

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can think of one reason why PAP doesnt want to keep a lid on docs charges! PAP wants to allow docs a free hand to overcharge so that they can afford to pay astronomical fees and rents to medical centres and hospitals. PAP benefits from high rentals

spot on. now you realised it is nothing but a big fat ponzi scheme. soon the insureres would get smart and ask you to top up and pay yourself. The indonesians patients have gooten smart and stop coming so the local docs are scalping the locals. Just imagine my shock when a property agent told me a Mt E clinic of 1000 square foot going for $9m!!!! this is real bull shit. But recession is here and sinkie would not recover. todays papers economy crashed 4% per quarter. what the shitty times don't tell u is that this is permanenet and would get worse. why?? how come the crash so coincidital with indonesian jokowi tax amensty??? you get the picture.... billions are flowing out of the cuntry overnight. that's why teh economy is crashing. I predicted the perfect storm 2 years ago and now it has exceeded my worst scenario. expect more bloodbath when USA raise interest rates and china banks go kaput.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yup I siam long long liao. My life is now so good. My kids are so happy. I'm so happy.

Ok lah. I wish you all the best seriously. Hopefully, fighting the PAP each of you best know how to will make Singapore a better place in the future lah.

No bearing on me too.

I am can go anywhere i want and do whatever i want. I am not suffering in SG. But i see others suffering.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
spot on. now you realised it is nothing but a big fat ponzi scheme. soon the insureres would get smart and ask you to top up and pay yourself. The indonesians patients have gooten smart and stop coming so the local docs are scalping the locals. Just imagine my shock when a property agent told me a Mt E clinic of 1000 square foot going for $9m!!!! this is real bull shit. But recession is here and sinkie would not recover. todays papers economy crashed 4% per quarter. what the shitty times don't tell u is that this is permanenet and would get worse. why?? how come the crash so coincidital with indonesian jokowi tax amensty??? you get the picture.... billions are flowing out of the cuntry overnight. that's why teh economy is crashing. I predicted the perfect storm 2 years ago and now it has exceeded my worst scenario. expect more bloodbath when USA raise interest rates and china banks go kaput.

spot on too. SG has been struggling all these times. pap is trying to bull shit their way through. The rich is just squeezing the poor. This is how SG has turned into under LHL's pap.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
And yet you dare to say:
No bearing on me too.
I am can go anywhere i want and do whatever i want. I am not suffering in SG. But i see others suffering.
Are you not contradicting yourself? :wink:
As long as you remain in Singapore until you die in the future, whether you are suffering now or not, how can Singapore's future not affect you at all? :confused:

Furthermore, if you're truly committed to remaining in Singapore to help those you see suffering or "suffering", how can you dare to say that you can "go anywhere i want and do whatever i want"? :confused:
Are you implying that you intend to leave Singapore and abandon all those "suffering" Sinkies, if you yourself happen to start suffering in Singapore too? :eek:

Or if you meant that you can go anywhere and do whatever you want within Singapore, and you have no intention of leaving Singapore until you die, then Singapore's future will obviously affect you in some way, in which case you're contradicting yourself again when you say that it has "No bearing on me too", right? :wink:

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Congrats Dr nayr69sg, you have developed piom (pleasure in others misfortune. Is there a medical cure for this ?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
It is easy for those who are overseas to criticise those who stay and who are fighting the devil

Tracy, you've been on the forums for what, 12 years now? Maybe even more. What do you constitute as "fighting"? I guess like Papsmearer, you view posting stuff here as "fighting". That's fine. But you've been "fighting" for over 10 years now. Has Singapore in the last 10 years improved or worsened?

It is one thing to proclaim proudly that you continue to "fight". But they surely aren't bearing any results. And even the most staunch PAP supporter would agree that if after 10 years of "fighting" and the results are as pathetic as what you see now, it is time to change strategies or direction.

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity according to Albert Einstein. He has a point.

Now I'm in no way saying that if you changed strategies then Singapore would improve. In fact my personal view is that Singapore is destined to be doomed regardless of whoever the government is. That can be a discussion for another time.

As I like to share, 12 years ago my cousin told me off with his retort about how I can either 1) Fight better eg join politics, grassroots, protest, activist, 2) migrate 3) shut up. I thought about it and realised Singapore wasn't worth fighting for. Singaporeans were also not worth fighting for. Seriously you ask yourself you think Singaporeans are very nice, helpful, sharing, caring people meh? Hence I decided to migrate. And when I really looked into migrating I found that it was no easy feat. In fact very daunting! Singaporeans like yourself like to suggest that it is far EASIER to just migrate and "go anywhere I like" than to "stay and fight the devil". Easy words. The reality is the exact opposite.

Giving up your cushy job and career and relative comfortable stable life in Singapore to leave for a total new country and start from zero job wise represents a big deal of change and instability and uncertainty which most Singaporeans are unable to accept and are not trained to handle. This is why you have so many Singaporeans saying they would like to migrate but so few who actually leave.

The reason I came in to post and share was because years ago I too "fought" to keep the GOF. However, the public Singaporean support for the CCS was overwhelming and the CCS won (as everyone expected). The sinkies cheered the CCS and cursed the SMA. You want to "fight" for these Singaporeans who are so stupid and get what they deserve? Continue "fighting".

Me, I saw the light, and decided to make good my own life. I can also contribute way more to a society that wants me and deserves me.

Cheers!

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tracy, you've been on the forums for what, 12 years now? Maybe even more. What do you constitute as "fighting"? I guess like Papsmearer, you view posting stuff here as "fighting". That's fine. But you've been "fighting" for over 10 years now. Has Singapore in the last 10 years improved or worsened?

It is one thing to proclaim proudly that you continue to "fight". But they surely aren't bearing any results. And even the most staunch PAP supporter would agree that if after 10 years of "fighting" and the results are as pathetic as what you see now, it is time to change strategies or direction.

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity according to Albert Einstein. He has a point.

Now I'm in no way saying that if you changed strategies then Singapore would improve. In fact my personal view is that Singapore is destined to be doomed regardless of whoever the government is. That can be a discussion for another time.

As I like to share, 12 years ago my cousin told me off with his retort about how I can either 1) Fight better eg join politics, grassroots, protest, activist, 2) migrate 3) shut up. I thought about it and realised Singapore wasn't worth fighting for. Singaporeans were also not worth fighting for. Seriously you ask yourself you think Singaporeans are very nice, helpful, sharing, caring people meh? Hence I decided to migrate. And when I really looked into migrating I found that it was no easy feat. In fact very daunting! Singaporeans like yourself like to suggest that it is far EASIER to just migrate and "go anywhere I like" than to "stay and fight the devil". Easy words. The reality is the exact opposite.

Giving up your cushy job and career and relative comfortable stable life in Singapore to leave for a total new country and start from zero job wise represents a big deal of change and instability and uncertainty which most Singaporeans are unable to accept and are not trained to handle. This is why you have so many Singaporeans saying they would like to migrate but so few who actually leave.

The reason I came in to post and share was because years ago I too "fought" to keep the GOF. However, the public Singaporean support for the CCS was overwhelming and the CCS won (as everyone expected). The sinkies cheered the CCS and cursed the SMA. You want to "fight" for these Singaporeans who are so stupid and get what they deserve? Continue "fighting".

Me, I saw the light, and decided to make good my own life. I can also contribute way more to a society that wants me and deserves me.

Cheers!

She chose to fight it here and continue to do so.. you got a problem with that?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wtf?! another healthcare thread about sg. as i've predicted this ckmpd a.k.a. tracy starts a thread on sg healthcare twice a week. can this proliferation and fragmentation of the same subject be consolidated into a single thread? those who have counter claims or disagree with bogus claims have to reproduce copious info and data repeatedly and in several places - a tiresome chore. can the ts please have some posting disclipine in order to consolidate your position and preposition, and argue or debate in the same shithole to retain consistency? otherwise it's like an untrained pet shitting and peeing all over the house. i know, everytime you start a thread on this subject you lose an argument when evidence is produced, and you abandon it and move to shit at another spot to hide the fact that you have nothing factual to retort at your earlier shit spot.