• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Abuse of Healthcare in SG

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The present discussion of healthcare costs in SG reminds me of an incident a few months ago.

My friend's husband had a bad back problem. He went to see a doc at Mt E. The doctor told him he had a slip disc and had to go for an operation. Doc asked him whether he had medical insurance. He was covered by company's medical insurance. Doctor asked him to show the medical insurance document. After seeing the document, doctor said he can be warded at Mt E. The estimated stay was 3 days and estimated cost S$43,000. He was shocked but doctor assured him that he didnt have to pay anything as everything will be paid for by the insurance.

When I visited him the next day after the operation he related the story to me. He remarked that the doctor had overcharged him. I asked why didnt he discuss that with the doctor. He said never mind as the insurance company will pay for everything. I told him that this manipulation and abuse of medical coverage and costs will cause insurance premium to rocket.

This is the problem. Doctors overcharge based on what patient's insurance will pay. But this will cause insurance premium to go up.

Doctors are taking healthcare as a business to make huge money out of it.

MOH must step in to stop this manipulation and abuse

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
The doctors are the problem here isn't it?
When the patient has insurance, the amount gets inflated 10 times.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, doctors are the problems. But they are just following what PAP is doing...PAP's motto.."What's wrong with collecting more money, as long as it is leegal?"

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

MOH must come in and moderate the incessant and gross overcharging by doctors and hospitals. If govt doesnt provide checks and balances and guidelines, medical costs will run more wild

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

One of the govt's job is to make sure that the poor and disadvantaged are not exploited by the rich and mighty. On the medical front, a govt must ensure that doctors do not overcharge patients

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

I can think of one reason why PAP doesnt want to keep a lid on docs charges! PAP wants to allow docs a free hand to overcharge so that they can afford to pay astronomical fees and rents to medical centres and hospitals. PAP benefits from high rentals

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can think of one reason why PAP doesnt want to keep a lid on docs charges! PAP wants to allow docs a free hand to overcharge so that they can afford to pay astronomical fees and rents to medical centres and hospitals. PAP benefits from high rentals

PAP in a way abets and encourages overcharging

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
y shud dey? ...

lidat gahmen can collect mor moni wat! ... watz wrong wif gahmen collecting mor moni? ...

The problem is that the pap sees healthcare as a money making business and brings in money for the pap. What an obscene govt, to profit from the sick

fupikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
MOH must come in and moderate the incessant and gross overcharging by doctors and hospitals. If govt doesnt provide checks and balances and guidelines, medical costs will run more wild

Just go look at how they are charging for chas claims....there are already some threads with this topic on this forum and others ....

.....the abuse is even bigger due to its prevalence ....and potentially even more damaging to limiting medical costs....

.... the environment has been specially set to enrich the BBCs (big businesses, boys and cronies)...Singaporeans are just the easy to eat, helpless lambs lead to the slaughter and whose blood will be squeezed out to the very last negative drops....whose bones will be crushed to powder the path towards the elites' dwellings....

retrenched

Alfrescian
Loyal
on the other hand, pioneers are lavishing praise on the govt since their bills are often very low, whether they are rich or poor...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MediShield life is pretty new & yet the PAP are already tinkering with it.

I suspect those who implemented it did not give it much thought to it. This is the problem with Spore today you have so many civil servants coming up with half baked ideas commiting so many honest mistakes:rolleyes:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just go look at how they are charging for chas claims....there are already some threads with this topic on this forum and others ....

.....the abuse is even bigger due to its prevalence ....and potentially even more damaging to limiting medical costs....

.... the environment has been specially set to enrich the BBCs (big businesses, boys and cronies)...Singaporeans are just the easy to eat, helpless lambs lead to the slaughter and whose blood will be squeezed out to the very last negative drops....whose bones will be crushed to powder the path towards the elites' dwellings....

Yes, MOH and PAP are deliberately turning a blind eye on these abuses. The end of SG is imminent

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
peasants can choose 2 go 4 mor afforable healthcare dat is not available @ mound e ...

sure...wait till u are sick then u know the truth.

healthcare must be affordable and available.

no point saying that healthcare is affordable but is available only after 12 months. The sick cant wait

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
MediShield life is pretty new & yet the PAP are already tinkering with it.

I suspect those who implemented it did not give it much thought to it. This is the problem with Spore today you have so many civil servants coming up with half baked ideas commiting so many honest mistakes:rolleyes:

Medishield Life is another scam like the Obamacare in USA.

Singaporeans are legally compelled to pay for Medishield Life premium ..but the shock will come when he is sick and have to pay for medical care

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medishield Life is another scam like the Obamacare in USA.

Singaporeans are legally compelled to pay for Medishield Life premium ..but the shock will come when he is sick and have to pay for medical care

Robbed and fucked twice.
First round for the premium, second round for the bill since basic policy barely covers shit.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the govt's job is to make sure that the poor and disadvantaged are not exploited by the rich and mighty. On the medical front, a govt must ensure that doctors do not overcharge patients

How does that work when the govt themselves are doing it?