• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Are PAP's Policies Killing Singapore?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I drove along Sembawang Road this morning and was shocked to find that The Brooks 1 and Brooks 2, ground floor units were totally vacant. Not even 1 unit is occupied.

PAP policies have made Singapore too expensive and Singaporeans poor. Are PAP policies killing SG?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can you consolidate all your gripes about the pap in one thread? makes them easier to follow. otherwise, it's like makaning char kway teow in bedok, devouring mee rebus in aljunied, slurping bat kut teh in jurong, and chowing down nasi lemak in changi within the same hour. can get stuck in traffic you know.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
PAP policies have made Singapore too expensive and Singaporeans poor. Are PAP policies killing SG?

PAP policies have made Singapore one of the best places in the world for both work and play.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
self praise is no praise
Although I'm anti-PAP (because of certain reasons), that ranking was "according to a list from Bloomberg Rankings, which ranks countries using data from the United Nations, the World Bank and the World Health Organisation":

Attachments

• Healthies-Asian.png
    Healthies-Asian.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 703
  • Healthies-countries.png
    Healthies-countries.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 714

parrardee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I drove along Sembawang Road this morning and was shocked to find that The Brooks 1 and Brooks 2, ground floor units were totally vacant. Not even 1 unit is occupied.

The fact that you can drive proves that the Government has done a good job. You can afford a car, unless you borrowed it or are driving a taxi, and that our roads afford good driving conditions. So enough of your bullshit please.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The fact that you can drive proves that the Government has done a good job. You can afford a car, unless you borrowed it or are driving a taxi, and that our roads afford good driving conditions. So enough of your bullshit please.

Imagine judging the performance of a govt based on the fact that there is some empty space in a shopping centre???!! :rolleyes:

The naivete of some sinkies never fails to amaze me.

parrardee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imagine judging the performance of a govt based on the fact that there is some empty space in a shopping centre???!! :rolleyes:

This person refuses to recognise and admit that the Government has done an admirable job which is the envy of many countries. He appears to be fact-allergic.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is the tip of the iceberg. Do you see the bottom of the iceberg?

When not even one unit is sold, that is a serious tip. I bet you dont recognise the danger

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Look at this as another clear indicator that all's not well in SG.

Look at the unemployment
Look at the empty malls
Look at the suicide rates
Look at the increase in homeless Singaporeans
Look at the increase in poverty
Look at the increase in Singaporeans asking for help at MPS
Look at the many singaporeans choosing not to go for medical treatment
Look at the economic indicators
Look at the number of retrenchments

Dont these tell you sometime is not good?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

For your enlightenment, you can see how well LHL's pap is doing by
1. Looking around wherever you go in SG
2. Comparing economic performance now to the last few years
3. Looking at citizens well being and confidence level
4. Looking at key economic indicators
5. Comparing SG's performance with other countries
6. Studying the work environment in SG
7. Comparing present PAP leadership with past PAP leaders

This morning's sight at Sembawang/Mandai Rd doubly confirm the sadness in SG

All the above show that PAP is not doing well

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Look at this as another clear indicator that all's not well in SG.

Look at the unemployment
Look at the empty malls
Look at the suicide rates
Look at the increase in homeless Singaporeans
Look at the increase in poverty
Look at the increase in Singaporeans asking for help at MPS
Look at the many singaporeans choosing not to go for medical treatment
Look at the economic indicators
Look at the number of retrenchments

Dont these tell you sometime is not good?

All the indicators I look at tell me that the PAP is the best.

EG you mention unemployment but Singapore still has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the world.

Suicide rates are far lower than the nordic countries.

Homelessness is very low

Poverty is non existent.

Economic indicators are good.

Number of retrenchments is low.

As far as I can see the PAP is doing a fantastic job and credit goes to LHL and his capable team.

cuckoldoolittle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although I'm anti-PAP (because of certain reasons), that ranking was "according to a list from Bloomberg Rankings, which ranks countries using data from the United Nations, the World Bank and the World Health Organisation":

ANKARA, Turkey – Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Thursday, September 29, attacked Moody's after it downgraded the country's sovereign debt rating to "junk" status, appearing to suggest the ratings agency could be bought off.
"Put three-five cents extra money in their pockets and get the rating you want. This is how they work. We know where they get their instructions, we will always speak the truth,"

http://www.rappler.com/world/regions/middle-east/147747-erdogan-moodys-ratings-agency-bought-off

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
ANKARA, Turkey – Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Thursday, September 29, attacked Moody's after it downgraded the country's sovereign debt rating to "junk" status, appearing to suggest the ratings agency could be bought off.
"Put three-five cents extra money in their pockets and get the rating you want. This is how they work. We know where they get their instructions, we will always speak the truth,"

http://www.rappler.com/world/regions/middle-east/147747-erdogan-moodys-ratings-agency-bought-off

Ratings agencies are corrupt. Look at what happened in USA. Wall street is manipulating Main Street at the expense of Americans.

no need to be a genius to know that many reports dont say the truth.

parrardee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ratings agencies are corrupt. Look at what happened in USA. Wall street is manipulating Main Street at the expense of Americans.

no need to be a genius to know that many reports dont say the truth.

If anything does not support your argument it is wrong, corrupt, unreliable etc etc. Truly a bull artist and a dangerous one at that. Real facts matter little to you in your attempt to bring my country down.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the indicators I look at tell me that the PAP is the best.

EG you mention unemployment but Singapore still has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the world.

Suicide rates are far lower than the nordic countries.

Homelessness is very low

Poverty is non existent.

Economic indicators are good.

Number of retrenchments is low.

As far as I can see the PAP is doing a fantastic job and credit goes to LHL and his capable team.

I am in SG and I know that units in Brooks 1 and Brooks 2 are completely vacant. I see many shops are vacated in shopping malls. I see many restaurants are giving promotions to bring in customers. I see Metro and John Littles in bad shape. I see many properties cant get tenants. I see many unemployed Singaporeans. I see many homeless Singaporeans at East Coast Park