• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious PAP Sends Evil Exployers To Jail for Collecting Kickbacks From Foreign Serfs!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) charged a 55-year-old Singaporean man with 20 counts of collecting kickbacks in the State Courts today (11 October).

Ng Boon Cheng, the Managing Director of Lian Lee Wooden Case Maker Co Pte Ltd, collected as much as $105,235 from 20 of his foreign workers as a condition for their continued employment with the company.

MOM stated that all the monies had been recovered and returned to all the affected foreign workers.

It said that investigations revealed that between January 2011 and October 2015, Ng allegedly consented to the company to deduct various amounts from the salaries payable to 20 foreign workers for their continued employment with the company.

Under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act (EFMA), the collection of kickbacks or other benefits as a condition or financial guarantee for employment, is prohibited.

The accused was charged in Court today with 20 counts under section 22A(1)(b) read with section 20(1)(a) of the EFMA. The case has been adjourned to 8 November 2016 in Court 23 at 9.30 am.

If convicted, Ng is liable to a fine of up to $30,000 or to imprisonment for up to two years or to both per offence. MOM may also impose a permanent ban on the offender from employing foreign workers.

In August 2015, a Singaporean man Lim Leong Chye, the owner of a night club was convicted and sentenced to four months’ imprisonment and fined $35,000 for collecting kickbacks of between $460 and $10,000 from each of the 16 foreign workers as a condition of their employment by Club De Colors Pte Ltd or Club GMT Pte Ltd. He gained profits amounting to $97,550.

Another case occurred in April 2015, when a Singaporean man Sheng Jianzhong, the Managing Director of Sheng Yu Construction Builders Pte Ltd, was fined $169,000 in default three months’ imprisonment for receiving kickbacks from 24 foreign workers, each required to pay Sheng a sum of $7,200 as a condition for employment.

MOM said that foreign workers who are pressured to give kickbacks should seek help from MOM immediately and members of the public who know of persons or employers who contravene the EFMA should report the matter to MOM at Tel: (65) 6438 5122 or email [email protected]. All information will be kept strictly confidential.

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...k-worth-of-kickbacks-from-20-foreign-workers/

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi sir, as far as I know, these kickbacks collection was already happening long ago till today in the construction and domestic workers industry. Mom only caught 2 :confused:
Anyway some kickbacks collectors that I know of received their karma from own health kickback .

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi sir, as far as I know, these kickbacks collection was already happening long ago till today in the construction and domestic workers industry. Mom only caught 2 :confused:
Anyway some kickbacks collectors that I know of received their karma from own health kickback .

anyone who takes advantage of the poor and profits from the sick and aged will receive his just dessert at the right time. that's certain

Pervert

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

U go catch lah, talk so much.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U go catch lah, talk so much.

I had thought whether to leeport b4 1 case that I know of. Later I rethink people who leeport another misdeeds may also received own kickbacks so I didn't proceed. And witness that person died b4 60. I'm cannot confirm is due to karma or after collection he ate and drank too much during celebration though.