• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Being a Sinkee is not a God-given right

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Minister Chan Chun Sing tackled various questions posed by the students.

He told the poly students that they should go beyond just relying on good grades alone to find jobs. He said that they should possess the four “As” — an awareness of current affairs, analytical skills, being able to adapt to various scenarios, and to anticipate change.

He also told the students that being a Singaporean is “not a God-given right”.

“Success, security cohesion is not what we can promise you … all of you have to work hard to stay ahead of changes and stay competitive,” he said. “To be a Singaporean is not a God-given right, it requires hard work to fight for that right to be called Singaporean.”

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are born in sinkapore by parents who are sinkees. And it is not a given that you are a sinkee. You have to work like a dog than you qualify to be a sinkee.

Where in our constitution does the above is stipulated? Kee Chiu should flush himself in the toilet for not knowing our constitution.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There are some people who are born in Singapore but not made sinkies. So, being a sinkie is not a god-given right. Our citizenship is more valuable than being a Yankee.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are some people who are born in Singapore but not made sinkies. So, being a sinkie is not a god-given right. Our citizenship is more valuable than being a Yankee.

Can you read? I said born in sinkapore by parents who are sinkees!

Sinkee citizenship is no better than punsaichua.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why hail the name of God for being a citizen ? Would it not suffice to just say that it is not an automatic given right for anyone to be a Singaporean ?

What is a God-given right ? Who is God here ?

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why hail the name of God for being a citizen ? Would it not suffice to just say that it is not an automatic given right for anyone to be a Singaporean ?

What is a God-given right ? Who is God here ?

God of Sinkieland is Lao Lee. Isn't that obvious?

WujiBo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bible dun say such nonsense.

Which bible did he quote God's words.

Rubbish bullshit Baloney.

This kind of standard also can be short listed for PM candidate?

See leow lah SGP.

WujiBo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am thinking of giving up my sinkie passport after hearing such nonsense from this kinds of third grade ministers.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I am thinking of giving up my sinkie passport after hearing such nonsense from this kinds of third grade ministers.

You got citizenship in another country? Otherwise giving up sinkie passport also not your right.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
who in the right mind will want to be a ball-less and stupid sinkie.

and he talked about having a right to be that kind of shit?????

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
voteYouInForWhat.png

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SGD$2.5 millions virtually "buys" you a citizenship in Sillypore :rolleyes:

Why do you want to waste your money :confused:
Don't forget that as a male Sporean you will have the "privilege" of giving up 2 years of your life to the PAP & to pay the CPF tax.

I once overheard some of my angmo colleagues discussing whether they wanted to take up Spore PR. A PR is free without the obligations ahem... I mean the privileges of having to do NS & you can take your CPF out when you decide to move on to greener pastures.

Ask any male Sporean & I'm certain that majority of sane Sporeans would choose to be a PR over being a citizen.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tell this overpaid joker to quit his government jiak liao bee rice bowl job and go out there and figure out how to be aware,analytical and adapt......if he can figure out how to make 2 million dollars a year like his current ministerial salary i will applaud him.

what job in the world pays u 2 million a year just to talk nonsense and do nothing?

singularity

Alfrescian
Loyal
“To be a Singaporean is not a God-given right, it requires hard work to fight for that right to be called Singaporean.”

Dear Mr Chan,

I lack your infinite wisdom so I am unable to understand what you are saying. Please enlighten me.

Firstly, can you define clearly what aspect of "Singaporean" are you referring to? I know there are legal terms e.g. citizenship and in terms of culture e.g."she muz b Singaporean cos she speak Singlish so well leh!" Perhaps being well read and you even had your post published by Huffington post, you know much more aspects than I will ever be aware of.

Secondly, what is a "god given right"? For simplicity I assume you are referring to Christianity. Can you point out clearly, among all the rights that humans know of, which of those are "god given" and not legislated in some way, formal i.e. legally or otherwise i.e. traditional / handed down?

Thirdly, can you explain clearly, how points 1 and 2 intersect, i.e. which aspects of being "Singaporean" are "god given" and which aspects are not?

Lastly, can you elaborate clearly in what ways we must work "hard", because our official unemployment rate is around 2-3%, highest in the world $240,750 capital per worker (yes, almost quarter of a million dollars, as recently reported by 2015 Legatum Prosperity Index) and yet you say that we must work "hard", obviously in your mind we are not working "hard" enough.

Yours truly,

S

Last edited: