• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Warning - You are in danger of being retrenched !!!

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any one of you have the feeling that the next one could be you ?

Here are some warning signs :

1.Are you costing the company more money than you are bringing in?

2. Is your job becoming obsolete?

3. Is your job in danger of being outsourced?

4. You are very replaceable.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes to all 4. BUT I support the PAP, so long as taxes are being paid, there is no risk at all. True fact! :cool:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Knowing that your job is being made redundant and that you are heading for retrenchment can be stressful and anxiety-provoking for anybody. Even people who have chosen to be retrenched when options were presented can feel quite anxious about the future and unsure about whether they have made the right decision. Those who have redundancy thrust upon them often experience a range of challenging emotions with anger about what has been done to them high on the list.

Whatever the circumstances, the prospect of retrenchment calls for a clear head, rational decision-making and resourcefulness, all of which can seem completely out of reach when you feel you’re in the middle of a crisis that is not of your own making. It’s important to know that there are practical things you can do to make the journey easier on yourself and those close to you like family and friends. The four ways to a better outcome involve:

1. managing your reactions;
2. giving serious consideration to assistance offered;
3. proactively seeking any support you need; and
4. focusing on the future – building on the past.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
JohnTan, I am sorry to inform you that you are no longer needed to come to work from tomorrow.

shocked-face.png

What will be your reactions ?

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's why I want my kids to be top government scholars. They will never be retrenched. There's also a senior vice president or deputy director post somewhere for any top scholar, even if they are mediocre.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even President gets retrenched. Not to say about President's scholars!

Come November .... the finger will be pointing back.

last warning.jpglast warning.jpg

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
When you are paid so many millions of dollars, that is no retrenchment! It's just early retirement to a life of luxury.

Yes, correct. Obama is not being retrenched, he is retiring because his contract is expiring with no possibility of renewal. :biggrin:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Positive mindset to retrenchment - my work is just an exercise. If there is no more work, I can still exercise.

View attachment 28536

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Unless you are in sales, you are always a cost centre. When your boss wants to reduce cost, you will be replaced by a foreigner.

Definitely not obsolete but replaceable as there is always a better way to do things.
90 percent of the jobs can be outsourced. If not outsourced, can be replaced by cheaper Ah Nehs or Pinoys.

t
Everyone is replaceable unless you are the towkay or PAP.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal

Being retrenched is good news. You can start off something that totally resonate with you.

Being a sinkie, you might not understand what that means.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I look at the signs of being retrench, it fits that of PAP MP perfectly but their chance of being retrenched is only higher than chance of Singapore having snow storm. So I categorically say it's not true.