• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious WWF: Sinkies Should Stop Eating Nasi Lemak! 75% of The Fish Not Responsibly Caught

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE: Singaporeans need to make better consumption choices as three out of four common fish species consumed here are not responsibly caught, the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) said on Tuesday (Oct 4).

Fish varieties like the Indian threadfin (commonly known as ngoh hur) used in fish porridge, silver pomfret and the yellowbanded scad (also known as ikan kuning) used in nasi lemak are among those which Singaporean consumers should stop eating, the conservation group said.

A new seafood guide launched by WWF lists these fish species and others commonly used in local dishes as “avoid”.

“Without collective and decisive action, these popular fish could disappear from Singapore’s menus within our lifetime,” it said.

Singaporeans are one of the biggest consumers of seafood in the world, with each person consuming about 22kg of seafood a year, compared to the global average of 20kg, the conservation group said.

“We are squandering one of our greatest natural resources by failing to manage our fish stocks sensibly," said WWF-Singapore CEO Elaine Tan. "The seafood guide empowers everyone in the supply chain to make conscious choices that prevent the further exploitation of fish stocks.”

On Tuesday, WWF also launched the Responsible Seafood Group, consisting of organisations such as seafood supplier Global Ocean Link and luxury hotel Marina Bay Sands which have committed to responsible sourcing standards.

Marina Bay Sands’ Executive Director of Sustainability Kevin Teng said: "Since 2014, we have eliminated sharks fin from the restaurants we own and operate. At that time, we also started serving selected seafood sourced from suppliers that fish or farm responsibly, based on global seafood standards.”

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...singapore-not-responsibly-caught/3178278.html

sfugel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: WWF: Sinkies Should Stop Eating Nasi Lemak! 75% of The Fish Not Responsibly Caugh

SINGAPORE: Singaporeans need to make better consumption choices as three out of four common fish species consumed here are not responsibly caught, the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) said on Tuesday (Oct 4).

Fish varieties like the Indian threadfin (commonly known as ngoh hur) used in fish porridge, silver pomfret and the yellowbanded scad (also known as ikan kuning) used in nasi lemak are among those which Singaporean consumers should stop eating, the conservation group said.

A new seafood guide launched by WWF lists these fish species and others commonly used in local dishes as “avoid”.

“Without collective and decisive action, these popular fish could disappear from Singapore’s menus within our lifetime,” it said.

Singaporeans are one of the biggest consumers of seafood in the world, with each person consuming about 22kg of seafood a year, compared to the global average of 20kg, the conservation group said.

“We are squandering one of our greatest natural resources by failing to manage our fish stocks sensibly," said WWF-Singapore CEO Elaine Tan. "The seafood guide empowers everyone in the supply chain to make conscious choices that prevent the further exploitation of fish stocks.”

On Tuesday, WWF also launched the Responsible Seafood Group, consisting of organisations such as seafood supplier Global Ocean Link and luxury hotel Marina Bay Sands which have committed to responsible sourcing standards.

Marina Bay Sands’ Executive Director of Sustainability Kevin Teng said: "Since 2014, we have eliminated sharks fin from the restaurants we own and operate. At that time, we also started serving selected seafood sourced from suppliers that fish or farm responsibly, based on global seafood standards.”

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...singapore-not-responsibly-caught/3178278.html

I only have mine with chicken wings,otah and eggs.

WujiBo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: WWF: Sinkies Should Stop Eating Nasi Lemak! 75% of The Fish Not Responsibly Caugh

Eat salad better. No animal killing.

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal

If every person lived like a sinkie, we would need 3.5 earths.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

If every person lived like a sinkie, we would need 3.5 earths.

Fish diet only for rich Familee and their Cronies, poor Sinkies diet chicken wings and eggs.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aiya. This the stuff i feed my maids lah. No nasi lemak fried fish, they eat what? :confused:

jw5

Loyal

Aiya. This the stuff i feed my maids lah. No nasi lemak fried fish, they eat what? :confused:

Why do you feed your maids fried fish with nasi lemak and have so many lahs in your posts? Are you a moron? :confused:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Fish is for the rich. My maids at home do not get to eat fish unless on special occasions. Even then, it would be the shitty kind, usually canned fish.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I am never giving up Nasi Lemak. They can pry the Ikan Kuning from my cold dead hands.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I feed my maids my chinese lupcheong. Even not halal also, they must eat. Can or not?

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sinkies Should Stop Voting PAP! 75% of us Not Responsibly Cared for

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Fish is for the rich. My maids at home do not get to eat fish unless on special occasions. Even then, it would be the shitty kind, usually canned fish.

Fish is for the rich? First time I hear.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Heng my staple diet of ikan bilis not there otherwise I die.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

A new seafood guide launched by WWF ....

Stop eating nasi
lemak or else ....

legion_of_doom_photostudio_by_windows8osx-d5am1wz.jpg

jw5

Loyal

Fish is for the rich? First time I hear.

Fish is for the rich. That is why they say "No fish, prawn also can". Hence prawn is for the not-so-rich. :biggrin: