• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Dislodged Platform Door Causes Train Breakdown! Guess Which Line?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
dtl-door-damaged-data.jpg

SINGAPORE: A dislodged platform door caused a two-hour disruption on part of the Downtown Line during the morning peak period on Tuesday (Oct 4).

The disruption, which affected trains running between King Albert Park and Sixth Avenue stations, happened at about 6.25am after a “platform screen door fault” at Sixth Avenue station, operator SBS Transit said in a statement.

Twitter user @hyqqel posted photos of the damaged platform door, which was dislodged and teetering at a 30-degree angle, with its glass cracked.

The dislodged platform door at Sixth Avenue station. (Photo: Twitter/hyqqel)

Train service resumed at 8.25am after the dislodged platform door was removed. The affected area – Doors 9 and 10 on Platform B at the Sixth Avenue station – has been cordoned off, SBS Transit said.

"Work on repairing the platform screen door will be carried out after passenger service hours tonight. We are investigating the cause of the platform screen door fault with the LTA (Land Transport Authority) and the contractor," the transport operator said.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...pted-after-platform-door-damaged/3177830.html

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not even 1 year and things start to breakdown-that's what you get for the highest paid in the world!

Ectar

Alfrescian
Loyal
MRT platform door broken off, disrupt PSLE and N Level exam students

By admin - October 4, 2016

A SBS Transit MRT platform door at Sixth Avenue station broke off this morning (Oct 4) during peak hours around 7.19am. The entire Downtown Line (DTL) was disrupted affecting employees and students sitting for PSLE and N-Level examinations which were due to start at 8.15am.

It is unknown how many students were affected by the breakdown, but the Ministry of Education issued an advisory note saying students affected by the breakdown should go to the nearest school near them if they could not make it to the exam in time.

Public transport operator SBS Transit blame a signalling fault for causing the platform door to break off, which is believed to have hit the side of a train. There is no response from the Transport Ministry and Minister Khaw Boon Wan.

This is the second high profile train breakdown incident in a single week following the day-long outage at Bukit Panjang LRT line.

http://statestimesreview.com/2016/1...n-off-disrupt-psle-and-n-level-exam-students/

Ectar

Alfrescian
Loyal
SMRT blame “track fault” for day-long breakdown at Bukit Panjang LRT

By admin - September 28, 2016

Blaming a “track fault” for damaging 15 Light Rapid Transit (LRT) cars, public transport operator SMRT suspended train services of all 13 Bukit Panjang LRT stations. According to its Facebook page, there were only six trains running this morning (Sep 28) because a track fault in the previous evening damaged the “current collector devices” of fifteen trains.

The latest train breakdown lasted the whole of Wednesday and caused severe overcrowding in bus services and traffic in Bukit Panjang region. Commuters complained that the free bus services provided have too low a frequency to meet the demand. Train services were only partially restored on 5.45pm.

In June, SMRT said that “improving reliability cost millions of dollars”, signalling their intention not to fix the system because it was too expensive. Read report here. Two months later in another breakdown incident, the Temasek Holdings-owned company said the emergency button works only when the train is moving. Read report here. According to a recent train reliability performance report issued by the Land Transport Authority, the Bukit Panjang LRT line is the worst-performing train service line in Singapore.

Ironically, SMRT is building a similar LRT system for Indonesia. According to a Singapore stock exchange announcement made, SMRT submitted a bid for Indonesia’s Bandung City public rail project on Sep 9. On Sep 26, the mayor of the Indonesian city said SMRT was awarded the tender for a 10.15km route between Babakan Siliwangi to Leuwipanjang.

http://statestimesreview.com/2016/0...-for-day-long-breakdown-at-bukit-panjang-lrt/

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Time to chill out & take a musical break :smile:

[video=youtube;Zx06XNfDvk0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx06XNfDvk0[/video]

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Singapore MRT is fairly new, but it appears to have continuing problems.

Whereas the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is decades older, lacks money for routine repairs and maintenance, not as clean and efficient as the Singapore's MRT, it does not have similar problems.

Why?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Whereas the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is decades older, lacks money for routine repairs and maintenance, not as clean and efficient as the Singapore's MRT, it does not have similar problems.

Why?

no other transit systems provide platform doors and aircon within underground stations and suicide barriers at aboveground stations like the smrt and sbs transit systems. more features, more failures to be expected.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no other transit systems provide platform doors and aircon within underground stations and suicide barriers at aboveground stations like the smrt and sbs transit systems. more features, more failures to be expected.

Suicide barriers may not be necessary.
Without air conditioning at the platform, the TTC's platform and tunnel were very hot and humid this past summer.
Unbearable.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Suicide barriers may not be necessary.
Without air conditioning at the platform, the TTC's platform and tunnel were very hot and humid this past summer.
Unbearable.

it's the same with nyc metro. hellhole of a sweat shop at all underground stations in summer. luckily in sf, berkeley and oakland, the underground bart stations are cool and bearable as we have a mild summer. and with sf, summer usually is the coldest winter.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why?

Same problem as Microshit Windows 10. After the anniversary update, the damned thing hangs randomly after booting up. Microshit employs too many shit skins as programmers. Downtime Line must be employing a lot of shit skin engineers and technicians.

Shit skins are the cause of many of the world's problems. This race should be exported en masse to some faraway galaxy and banished from Earth.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talking about the brown skin individuals working in Singapore.
It appears that there are numerous of those and individuals from PRC working in Singapore.
Somehow, from my interaction with individuals from those two groups,
I do not trust them and their products.

I feel sad for those Singaporeans who have been replaced by foreign workers,
and accordingly, I wish the Singapore government would impose restrictions on them,
so that any job would be given priority to a Singaporean.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about the brown skin individuals working in Singapore.
It appears that there are numerous of those and individuals from PRC working in Singapore.
Somehow, from my interaction with individuals from those two groups,
I do not trust them and their products.

I feel sad for those Singaporeans who have been replaced by foreign workers,
and accordingly, I wish the Singapore government would impose restrictions on them,
so that any job would be given priority to a Singaporean.

Not sure which world you come from. Do you know Singaporeans are either the type with only selfish short term objectives or just want save their own ass type of employees? They love to sabotage each other or you-die-your-biz so that their own job is safe or they climb up at the expense of others.

That is why only a tiny country like Singapore can have FTs over-run even the senior management roles in the local firms (GLCs, Banks, etc).

Singaporeans

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry, if my post offended you.
I definitely do not know enough about Singapore,
because I live in Toronto.
Enjoy your day.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure which world you come from. Do you know Singaporeans are either the type with only selfish short term objectives or just want save their own ass type of employees? They love to sabotage each other or you-die-your-biz so that their own job is safe or they climb up at the expense of others.

That is why only a tiny country like Singapore can have FTs over-run even the senior management roles in the local firms (GLCs, Banks, etc).

Singaporeans

well said brother.no matter how much u look down upon them tiongs and shitskins fts,at the end of the day the only race that are willing to step on each others backs and only look out for themselves are sinkies.....sinkies live only in their short sighted self contained bubbles,theres no sense of brotherhood like u see in other countries,its every man/sinkie for himself.......most sinkies will just tell you just look after yourself and your family and your self interest,things that are immediate within their circle of influence,people that are directly related to their own happiness.but its hard for sinkies to feel compassion for anything or anyone outside of that.

ultimately this country is fucked.doomed,and its has nothing to do with the endless politics or economics or historical discussions,,,,, the main reason is most sinkies only care about themselves and their self interest not much more.......this is why singapore will never fight a war,this is why singapore will fall to foreigners,this is why sinkies will run at the first sight of a riot,this is why sinkies will never organize a protest or riot,their fear of death,injury or personal loss is greater than their love for their country and fellowman......u will never see a sinkie sacrifice himself.sinkies are balless period.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well said brother.no matter how much u look down upon them tiongs and shitskins fts,at the end of the day the only race that are willing to step on each others backs and only look out for themselves are sinkies.....sinkies live only in their short sighted self contained bubbles,theres no sense of brotherhood like u see in other countries,its every man/sinkie for himself.......most sinkies will just tell you just look after yourself and your family and your self interest,things that are immediate within their circle of influence,people that are directly related to their own happiness.but its hard for sinkies to feel compassion for anything or anyone outside of that.

just look at the number of indian chiefs and fragmentation of opposition parties trying to dislodge the pap. sinkies love to backstab sinkies, just like members and cliques on this site. the opposition is doomed.

image.jpg

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
have you heard of the saying "the coldest winter i have ever had is a summer in san francisco?"
Please pardon my ignorance, I'm afraid I haven't. :o
But I've just discovered it:

The Coldest Winter I Ever Spent Was a Summer in San Francisco | Quote Investigator
quoteinvestigator.com/2011/11/30/coldest-winter
sftravel.com/article/san-francisco-weather

And if it's true that San Francisco's summer is colder than its winter, then the climate there must be really confusing! :confused:
But you're probably used to it, so it shouldn't be a problem for you. :smile:

Last edited: