• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat How do you do parallel parking ?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you know that Spore roads & parking lots are much narrower than the ones you find in the US & Canada. It's very challenging & expensive to drive here with so many uptight people on the roads. Now it's worst with drivers from China & other 3rd world countries driving on Spore roads.

PAP could have made the roads safer by requiring all of these people to go through the same procedure as Spore drivers.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you know that Spore roads & parking lots are much narrower than the ones you find in the US & Canada. It's very challenging & expensive to drive here with so many uptight people on the roads. Now it's worst with drivers from China & other 3rd world countries driving on Spore roads.

PAP could have made the roads safer by requiring all of these people to go through the same procedure as Spore drivers.

My msian PR friend only needs to go for basic theory test with her dubious class license from Malaysia and convert it to a valid driving license whereas sinkie needs to spend so much money in the driving center :mad:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My msian PR friend only needs to go for basic theory test with her dubious class license from Malaysia and convert it to a valid driving license whereas sinkie needs to spend so much money in the driving center :mad:

My daughter got hers without even sitting for any driving tests ever.
If you can't beat them then join them

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I got your point. Then it would also mean only vehicle owner can do parallel parking properly :rolleyes:

Definitely most car owners will park more easily when driving their own car. When driving others' maybe will take more tries... but still can park properly, just might take a few more times as nerves might affect as it's not own car.

Also, i disagree that no car = sinkie loser..... for a variety of reasons...

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nowadays driving center no more using poles.
But still have a sop using the black and white color bars on the concretes. My friend show me his bbdc book saying following the sop also perfect.
Since outside has no color code quite hard to use it especially if the car is mpv or worst a class 3 lorry.
it's basically trial and error for class 3 lorries / panel vans and mpv's, as the width of these vehicles requires a wider berth from the next vehicle, before you start to reverse. the rest of the procedure is similar as described.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you can parallel park on this incline in sf with stick shift you can drive in sf with confidence.

image.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If I started thinking about how I parallel park I'd make a mess of it. I just do it instinctively and it always works.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I doubt it can be done with manual car. Forward to adjust will be doing half clutch and reverse can be I'm neutral :p

it was done for decades before auto transmission started to become popular, and it is still being done today with stick shift.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it was done for decades before auto transmission started to become popular, and it is still being done today with stick shift.

Is inclined parking part of the lesson in sf schools ?
2 decades ago class 2b license in sg does not have lesson on public road. The first day I collected my fzr150 I met a minor accident and bike sent to workshop on the same day :(