• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat How do you do parallel parking ?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Although I'm a sinkie loser that cannot afford to own a car, sometime still will drive. But whenever there is left parallel parking lot I have to skip and find other places.
I can only recall driving center method which sometime can work in public lot , sometime can't, especially if being pressured by car behind waiting to pass in a single lane.

The method I used ( scenario with 2 cars already on the lots and I am parking in between the 2 cars ) :

1. Drive forward and position my car half body pass the first car.
2. Reverse till my car rear left wheel reaches the rear right wheel of the first car.
3. Turn steering fully to left
4. Reverse till I see the 2nd car center of bonnet by looking at my car right side mirror
5. Straighten my steering wheel - turn steering to right
6. Reverse till my car rear right wheel reach the outer lot lone
7. Turn steering fully to right
8. From here comes to problem - struggling to see if hitting the front and behind car

Did I use the correct gauge from point 1 to 7 ?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a experience thing. The experts do not measure. They just park instinctively. In paris its even worse. I would not be able to park there even with all the electronic aids.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keep close to car in front of parking lot.
Full lock left n reverse back into lot.
Turn sterling wheel into centre when u see headlights of car back of parking lot in your right side mirror
Full lock right reverse when bonnet near rear of front vehicle.reverse till in .
Then straighten front n back till car is in centre of lot

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Keep close to car in front of parking lot.
Full lock left n reverse back into lot.
Turn sterling wheel into centre when u see headlights of car back of parking lot in your right side mirror
Full lock right reverse when bonnet near rear of front vehicle.reverse till in .
Then straighten front n back till car is in centre of lot

From your method and mine, seem like the main difference is the part of yours is "see the headlight of the car behind" whereas mine is "see center bonnet".
OK that means the main part for my failure could be here. Need to focus on this part and test accordingly. Thanks.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a experience thing. The experts do not measure. They just park instinctively. In paris its even worse. I would not be able to park there even with all the electronic aids.

Yes experience with trial and error but still need a correct method first.
You referring to those experts that drift in :/

Last edited:

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
From your method and mine, seem like the main difference is the part of yours is "see the headlight of the car behind" whereas mine is "see center bonnet".
OK that means the main part for my failure could be here. Need to focus on this part and test accordingly. Thanks.

Maybe by time u see Centre of bonnet .too deep Liao no space for your head to go in

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe by time u see Centre of bonnet .too deep Liao no space for your head to go in

Possible. I see most driver can do quite perfect, of course the car is theirs. If you also can means my method is correct except that part.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
know ur car.

keep car about 2 feet away from front car.
after rear axle pass the other car aka rear window glass is at about the edge of boot of front car, you can turn steering reverse in slowly at 30 degree, turn steering to and reverse making sure you pass the front car before turning steering.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
know ur car.

keep car about 2 feet away from front car.
after rear axle pass the other car aka rear window glass is at about the edge of boot of front car, you can turn steering reverse in slowly at 30 degree, turn steering to and reverse making sure you pass the front car before turning steering.

U r a expert - have slowly and 30 degree :biggrin:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Take one fine day, find a secluded parking lot where can parallel park in peace. Do it twenty times or more until u succeed. Practice makes perfect.

Then you come back here and try to describe how to parallel park.. in the end, you will also type "experience"... Different people different methods, if you drive an SUV with higher POV, the video also no help as very hard to gauge the front of your own bonnet.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Take one fine day, find a secluded parking lot where can parallel park in peace. Do it twenty times or more until u succeed. Practice makes perfect.

Then you come back here and try to describe how to parallel park.. in the end, you will also type "experience"... Different people different methods, if you drive an SUV with higher POV, the video also no help as very hard to gauge the front of your own bonnet.

I got your point. Then it would also mean only vehicle owner can do parallel parking properly :rolleyes:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time driving instructor teach time and driving test time got poles front and back of parking lot.
My instructor even stuck some masking tape on rear windscreen as indicators.
Reverse turn 2 rounds, 1st pole reached certain point then turn back one round blah blah blah etc.
I memorized by heart and follow to the T. Perfect parking.

Then I ask instructor real life got no poles then how?
He told me keep 4 poles in my car trunk then parking time bring them out and setup at the lot I wanted to park at.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time driving instructor teach time and driving test time got poles front and back of parking lot.
My instructor even stuck some masking tape on rear windscreen as indicators.
Reverse turn 2 rounds, 1st pole reached certain point then turn back one round blah blah blah etc.
I memorized by heart and follow to the T. Perfect parking.

Then I ask instructor real life got no poles then how?
He told me keep 4 poles in my car trunk then parking time bring them out and setup at the lot I wanted to park at.

Nowadays driving center no more using poles.
But still have a sop using the black and white color bars on the concretes. My friend show me his bbdc book saying following the sop also perfect.
Since outside has no color code quite hard to use it especially if the car is mpv or worst a class 3 lorry.