• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB-SIN-JB Commuting Times (DAILY)

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it might be tough on your kids to take public transport across the border every morning. I wanted to recommend Century Bus (school bus service) but I just realised they only ply JB and Woodlands/Sembawang/Yishun areas. If you have the flexibility to work from home, is driving your kids to school and back an option? Everyone will be trying to get their kids to school by 7.15am or 7.30am and that's when traffic is at its peak. At least if they are in the comfort of your car, they can take a nap or chit chat with you. When I had to get kids to school at that time, I found the commute to be the best time for me to connect with my kids. Just my two-cent worth.

Just want to check with you gals if you have gotten into any trouble over sending your kids over the causeway to school cause when I spoke to an MOE person, he told me it is not allowed, either stay in Sg and send to JB for school or stay in JB and send to Sg for school.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just want to check with you gals if you have gotten into any trouble over sending your kids over the causeway to school cause when I spoke to an MOE person, he told me it is not allowed, either stay in Sg and send to JB for school or stay in JB and send to Sg for school.

I have had no trouble at all. My kids were in pri and sec school not too long ago and now one of my children is attending Poly. In fact, the pri and sec schools often send out personal info update forms and they had a section to let the school know if you were daily commuters from JB. The only challenge is if my kids were late for school, the school would not take "traffic jam at causeway" as an excuse. So we were really careful about leaving home on time. Same with the Poly my son is attending, we had to declare that we live in JB. We were late once last semester but he was excused because of his regular attendance and all is well.

I'm very surprised to hear the comment you got from an MOE personnel; that's the first I've heard.