• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Singapore investors have unrealistic income expectations: Schroders survey

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...Look on the bright side - this my first week when total profit cross the HKD 200K mark and it's a 4 day trading week when on 1 day I made less than 10K because too busy with other things.

This shall be part of my suite of strategies and tactics ............. how to safely trade Bollinger Band breakouts .............

Is your trading platform "Interactive Brokers"?

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jesus Christ! When you get swing trading right the profits are really good even on a dull day. I'm beginning to like dull days - no need to kalang kabok:

S2@23256@1022hours, S2@258@1028, S2@244@1031, S2@260@1051, S2@290@1109
B2@225@1116hours, B2@232@1116
shit missed opportunity to short again nearer 240 - still have not fine tuned the killer instinct
S2@221@1121, S2@226@1122 - back to net short 10 contracts
B4@190@1133, B4@186@1133, B2@189@1134

Profit = 79.5 points X 50 X 14 = 55,650

OMG - SGD 10K in slightly more than one hour - better than senior partner hourly charge out rate :smile:

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't you try some preferred share ETF ? They are around 5-8% dividends and prices are pretty stable. Also.. you might want wait till around Dec since the market is most likely yo drop due to pending interest hike.

I've got about US$50,000 that I want to invest in the US market. This is from profits from some other investments. I don't need this money because this is a surplus. I can keep it in the bank for 1% to 2% interest rate, or look at buying a cheap condo in Thailand, or .....

Looking for recommendations on where I can put this $ to generate more $$. :smile:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
advice: it's good to learn about new investments but it's more important to invest in only what you know best.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, 9.2% expectation is too optimistic?

I just received a call last night promising me at least 10% yield, no sweat.

I told the caller I not interested, unless investment promise at least 50% returns. If so, I be interested to hear their scam stories.

you should give me a try on 1 condition.
the person who promise you should co pay 30% of your loss.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I would say sinkies have unrealistic expectations over EVERYTHING!

Boils down to the frog in the well mentality.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im sorry but when our ministers pegged their salary and worth to million dollar income,what kind of expectations are we supposed to have?

something is fishy in this country.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why don't you try some preferred share ETF ? They are around 5-8% dividends and prices are pretty stable. Also.. you might want wait till around Dec since the market is most likely yo drop due to pending interest hike.

I'll probably do that.

Wasn't really looking for dividends. I'm actually more interested in growth ETFs but if I get more dividends it will increase my purchasing power to be able to buy more ETFs:smile: So I'll wait until after the US elections when the fund managers have a chance to re-adjust the ETF portfolios to the new realities of increasing interest rates.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
im sorry but when our ministers pegged their salary and worth to million dollar income,what kind of expectations are we supposed to have?

something is fishy in this country.

The same politicians that the majority of sinkies vote to put into office. Nothing fishy except stupid sinkies.

If you are not one of those who agree with the 70% then get out. Otherwise just too bad lah. It is like you go to a gathering to play mahjong, and everyone want to play cards. You stay and try to convince them to play mahjong? Or you go find other mahjong kaki?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually my goal in the next 10 years is to create a $1 million portfolio. Don't know if it is achievable but I hope to be able to add $50k/year in cash for this 10 years.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The same politicians that the majority of sinkies vote to put into office. Nothing fishy except stupid sinkies.

If you are not one of those who agree with the 70% then get out. Otherwise just too bad lah. It is like you go to a gathering to play mahjong, and everyone want to play cards. You stay and try to convince them to play mahjong? Or you go find other mahjong kaki?

sg is more like 4 mahjong kakis playing mahjong marathon. 3 take turns to win while 1 loses every game. and not only that, she keeps pulling tiles that allow others to exclaim "mahjong". this goes on for 69 consecutive games, she depletes her chip pile and has to borrow more chips, and she finally asks. "can i switch my seat with anyone of you? i have enough of this losing streak."

the reply is a silent no, yet she continues to play and kpkb on her kakis, the game, and the seat for her fucked up luck.

based on true story.