• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat What sort of city would you like Singapore to be?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Forget PAP, WP etc. Forget politics. This is an apolitical discussion. Just describe what sort of city you would like Singapore to become regardless of who runs the country.

My ideal Singapore would be one where the population is 1.5 million, the whole Island is enclosed in an air conditioned bubble set at 21 DegC and the scourge of Singlish has been wiped out.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
A nation of individuals who have balls and intelligence.

not just in sinkieland but being a human species as a whole in planet earth.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
one giant dome may not be structurally possible (although dubai wishes to be the dubious pioneer) but a smaller dome each for every hdb town, with inter-town connectors covered and air-conditioned for cardboard collectors to do their exercise in comfort.

image.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Less impressionable, less easily manipulated and only a handful suffering from delusions of grandeur. :biggrin:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
An open and inclusive society, not more than 3 million population. Environmenally conscious, international in her outlook. A little braver and forward thinking in social matters (rather than we are a conservative society).

Serious attempt be made to eradicate Singlish (or more corrertly, poor grammar). No more Jack Neo movies! The citizens comfort zone should be English, not Singlish! Every home has a dog!

Cheers!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forget PAP, WP etc. Forget politics. This is an apolitical discussion. Just describe what sort of city you would like Singapore to become regardless of who runs the country.

My ideal Singapore would be one where the population is 1.5 million, the whole Island is enclosed in an air conditioned bubble set at 21 DegC and the scourge of Singlish has been wiped out.

Cassandra Chew asked this before

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

You're the boss!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not sure about the Singlish part. I have always, since decades ago, visualised my beloved country to be a place enclosed in bullet-proof bubble or protective shield, with beautiful gardens and rivers. Everyone is content and sufficient, we don't need to have too much money. Best is we have abundant of oil under our island, and people don't have to struggle on work. No HDB flat, all the 1 million population family lived in landed property, and everyone trusted each other and most of our nature reserves are unmolested. No army is needed, we tapped on hi-tech weapons mounted above the protective bubble - I think I got the concept after watching the first episode of Independence Day where the alien ship was shielded and impenetrable even by nucleus weapons.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
... a country or a city as you put it, where natives come first, and all foreigners, including permanent squatters come last under all policies implemented by the Govt.

Aren't permanent squatters deemed foreigners too? Why are they given concessions similarly given to natives?

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
I want Singapore to be just a transitional nation. Meaning citizens are expected to use Singapore as a base and prosper abroad. Dual citizenship should be legal here.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

why does this suggestion sound so childishly sinkie?no wonder u are in new zealand lol,the population of humans is lesser than cows and the weather is always around 20 deg.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like it just the way it is. The gentry are landed, the peasants are housed in hovels and upper crust manservants from beyond tha Caucus have their own gated community and do not wander needlessly about. We have many great monuments to mark the glorious reign of our lord protector. There is very little to improve it, except maybe another raise. Yes, more money is never bad.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Less
-foreigners working here (I welcome tourist)/studying in local universities
- immigrants
-scholarships to foreigners
-mosquitoes
-train breakdowns
-ERP,GST, maid levies
-crowding in trains, buses, hospitals, clinics,
-waiting time in hospitals/clinics
ect2
basically less pappy

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Blah, blah, blah ........ blah, blah, blah ....... sheep bonking is very boring ........ blah, blah, blah ........ the scourge of Singlish has been wiped out.

Hello, uncle you dunce come here and yaya papaya okay!

[video=youtube;4CSV7cIXAS8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CSV7cIXAS8[/video]

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Mother tongue is the first language, English dropped to 2nd
2. Can watch and listen to dialect tv and radio programmes
3. Kampong spirit prevails