• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious TB Spreads From Bukit Batok To Punggol! Guess The Preschool?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
preschool-tb-punggol.png

SINGAPORE: At least one student at a preschool in Punggol has been diagnosed with latent tuberculosis (TB), after a trainee teacher tested positive for the disease earlier this month.

The Tuberculosis Control Unit (TBCU) carried out screening at the Bridges Montessori facility at 200 Ponggol Seventeenth Ave last Tuesday (Aug 23), after the diagnosis was made, according to the preschool's director, Irene Toh. She told Channel NewsAsia that she was informed by some parents that their children had tested positive for the illness after the screening. Ms Toh was unable to provide a specific number, pending further confirmation. There are about 50 students at the centre.

A parent of a child who attends the centre told Channel NewsAsia her two-year-old daughter tested positive for latent TB based on the initial screening. She has another appointment with Tan Tock Seng Hospital on Tuesday (Aug 30).

Ms Toh said the trainee teacher involved was new, having been at the preschool for about three weeks. She passed a medical test in her home country.

It was after a pre-employment screening in Singapore that the teacher was diagnosed with active TB. Ms Toh said the school was informed by Tan Tock Seng Hospital about the positive diagnosis.

She said the centre reached a mutual agreement with the teacher to leave the school, adding that the teacher plans to return to her home country.

The centre's principal, Jen Chng, first informed parents of the incident in an email sent on Aug 14. The email, seen by Channel NewsAsia, said that the preschool had "identified" a case of active TB on Aug 12 among its employees, and that some children might have been exposed to the disease.

In the email, the centre said it is working closely with the Health Ministry and the TBCU on the matter. It said the affected employee was on medical leave and would return to the school when certified fit by MOH.

The email also said MOH would visit the school for a site assessment on Aug 16, and conduct health checks, tests and contact tracing. It assured parents that the school has taken "all precautionary measures" such as sanitising the environment.

This is the second time in a month that a teacher at a preschool has been diagnosed with TB, after a member of staff at Little Greenhouse in Bukit Batok came down with the illness. Channel NewsAsia has sought comment from the Health Ministry on the latest case.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/tb-diagnosed-in-pupil-at/3081930.html?cid=fbcna

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which "HOME" country...& MOM approve the EP without checking if the teacher passes the medical here? I thought they have strident testing??

Is this the home country?

let us guess....Oh give me a home where the buffalo roam,
Where the deer and the antelope play,
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word,
And the skies are not cloudy all day.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporean is going to be extinct.
Singapore is heading to doom
Singaporean thank her government for bringing in si many foreigner

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which "HOME" country...& MOM approve the EP without checking if the teacher passes the medical here? I thought they have strident testing??

Is this the home country?

let us guess....Oh give me a home where the buffalo roam,
Where the deer and the antelope play,
Where seldom is heard a discouraging word,
And the skies are not cloudy all day.

pap doesnt conduct proper checks on foreign workers.

look at the proliferation of infectious diseases recently after the infux of cheap foreign workers

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We now have TB and Zika running wild. Time for me to hoard more gold? Maybe deposit another bag of cash into my secret Swiss bank account? Singapore seems to be going downhill after SG51 celebration.

It's sad if sinkies can't last a few years without Ah Gong at the helm.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pap doesnt conduct proper checks on foreign workers.

look at the proliferation of infectious diseases recently after the infux of cheap foreign workers

The checkup at theme country I would not comment...for that I know too well....when they reach here, the check up by the local doctors here & getting the certification to approve the WP....to change the IPA.......MOM did not include. X-Ray for TB etc...

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
We now have TB and Zika running wild. Time for me to hoard more gold? Maybe deposit another bag of cash into my secret Swiss bank account? Singapore seems to be going downhill after SG51 celebration.

A bad leader cant bluff his people that he is a good leader.

LKY was a good leader and everyone knows it

LHL is a bad leader and everyone knows it too

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
heaven's punishment for PAP fail and mismanagement, subjects under siege from all fronts, unfortunately, PAP is still unscathed.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
heaven's punishment for PAP fail and mismanagement, subjects under siege from all fronts, unfortunately, PAP is still unscathed.

God is punishing the 70% that had voted for the PAP who 'threw money at them' with the PIONEER thingy, the , "we look after you' thingy....

The PAP kept reminding the people if you vote for the oppositions, you will suffer, live in mismanaged wards, gets diseases, no jobs & so on.....

LOOK ! what they have got now?....as each day unravel....HAZE is BACK, TB is BACK, ZIKA from RIO, HFMD....Dengue still the rage.......FREON escaped from air conditioning on public transport....

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yet another FT infecting Sinkies with TB. Songboh 69%, you voted for this PAP shit. Tiny Sinkieland is very overpopulated with over 2 million foreigners, disease can transmit very quickly and infect many Sinkies.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How so? Sinkies are tuberculosis resistant. Even at the last stage of tuberculosis infection, they will still vote for your beloved PAP on their death bed. Ah Gong is immortal in their hearts.