• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat IRAS Sent Scum Hawkers to Jail

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE: The couple behind the popular Kay Lee Roast Meat chain of restaurants have been jailed and fined after being convicted of evading nearly S$55,000 in income taxes, the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) said on Monday (Aug 29).

In 2009 and 2010, the couple under-declared Kay Lee’s sales figures by more than S$325,000 in order for Ha to evade income taxes of S$54,917.15. Both were sentenced to four weeks’ jail and fined $164,751.45 each – three times the amount of tax evaded.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
reminds me of tiptop curry puff..

Chong Chee Kin
Fri, Oct 05, 2007
The Straits Times

FOR six years, hawker Looi San Cheng, who runs the popular Tip Top Curry Puff stall in Ang Mo Kio, made an average of between $138,000 and over $200,000 in pure profit every year.

Yet to the taxman, he only reported he made, at best, about $11,000 a year in a bid to evade paying taxes.

On one occasion, he stated in his 2002 income tax returns he made a loss of $37,209 when in fact, he reaped $145,000 in nett profits.

In the six years that he under-declared his takings, Looi, 63, evaded paying taxes amounting to over $160,000.

Looi, who faced six tax evasion charges, was jailed two weeks on Friday on two of the charges under the Income Tax Act.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now Husband (Ha Wai Kay) and Wife (Kong Kuee Chin) are both Jailed and they will set up their roast meat in Changi.

Husband and wife got jailed. song boh?

who did you vote for?

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now Husband (Ha Wai Kay) and Wife (Kong Kuee Chin) are both Jailed and they will set up their roast meat in Changi.

Husband and wife got jailed. song boh?

who did you vote for?

These couple were so Greedy they got more than what they were asking for Millions!!

The IRAS were watching them like a Hawk and the Shitty Times wrote stories
blurrrr...the Peasants also knew about the deal with a Commercial company that can afford to pay!!

And of all things they tries to evade Taxes !! What?? they think it's 1960s where
there's no computer, no media, no hand phone!! everything are written on books and papers??

They were caught RED Handed! Now they have 3 free meal every day in Papaya
Changi Holiday Bungalow!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Too high profile sure kena aim

I miss the old time business men, the ones in white singlet, India Blue baggy pants with a black cloth sash around their waist & that even present "good morning" small towel hanging on the shoulder or out the pocket.

You ask them, " how is business" , in all weather & day..." can do!, enough to eat"....but the black sash holds a huge bundle of currency notes & he smile at you, with his 2-3 GOLD TEETH in his mouth...lunch, he goes to that muay shop, where he hang his leg across the wooden bench, chop stick clicking the bowl & eat ECONOMICAL FOOD.

How much he makes.....you will never know...& he will never tell. Unlike the stupid, porlumpar hawker's these days....where they get the food critics to do a spread on them, detailing the details of how many this & that they sell a day..how good the food is & hang the article in the stall..together with pics of , TV artist, prataman, Wooden God, LHL etc...& IRAS is doing their calculations & watching them like a HAWK!

The old days shop owners will shoo the food critics away....& discloses nothing.....we call this? HAOLIAN

They deserve it...trying to cheat the 'biggest cheater' of the land...:rolleyes:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sis ,normally I would take the iras as the facilitators scum. But in this case, the stalls owner make a lot of money so you are right, they are the scums instead .
If they make little ,eg just above taxable, then those iras officers are the scums.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sis ,normally I would take the iras as the facilitators scum. But in this case, the stalls owner make a lot of money so you are right, they are the scums instead .
If they make little ,eg just above taxable, then those iras officers are the scums.

Years ago...I watched TV...where mee siam mai hum was talking to a stupid mamak who sold ROTI PRATA & ah neh, mentioned on TV with the camera rolling, around how many plates of pratas he sold in a day....I told myself " die!...IRAS just took to their calculators & did some counting"...& "santa claws" is making a list & checking in thrice...

Ah Neh...report he makes $x,xxxx a years ha ha ha ha IRAS will replay this "recorded confession' to mee siam mai hum & calculate, how much he makes... ha ha ha

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO STU[ID & BOASTFUL THESE DAYS....I wouldn't even let my staff know, how much money is collected in the till...if I am running stall...etc.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Years ago...I watched TV...where mee siam mai hum was talking to a stupid mamak who sold ROTI PRATA & ah neh, mentioned on TV with the camera rolling, around how many plates of pratas he sold in a day....I told myself " die!...IRAS just took to their calculators & did some counting"...& "santa claws" is making a list & checking in thrice...

Ah Neh...report he makes $x,xxxx a years ha ha ha ha IRAS will replay this "recorded confession' to mee siam mai hum & calculate, how much he makes... ha ha ha

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO STU[ID & BOASTFUL THESE DAYS....I wouldn't even let my staff know, how much money is collected in the till...if I am running stall...etc.

Most probably ah neh thought now he has mee siam mai hum as toa pek gong ...ha ha ha

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most probably ah neh thought now he has mee siam mai hum as toa pek gong ...ha ha ha

That was what I am thinking too..like all these food stalls people, they think they take pictures with whoever, they have them as " tua pek kong"...but in reality, taking pictures with them is like being sweetened with a honey pot & later the 'bees' come to sting. Just the roast meat joint...." they were roasted" by IRAS.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agreed absolutely. If you can make the money, pay the taxes. It is anybody's right to avoid tax but nobody's right to evade it.

It is everybody desire...to avoid paying taxes.....unless you are unusual or abnormal.....but, the trick is, find that "lobang"...

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doing away with Estate duty! Here tis Hawker pays taxes, wat type of law is tis? Same as tos rich civil serpants on Pension, isit not same as the poor living off Govt welfare?