• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious SR Nathan’s son stash undisclosed millions in offshore company at Brit Virgin Island

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://statestimesreview.com/2016/0...n-offshore-company-at-british-virgin-islands/

According to Panama Offshore Leaks, son of former President SR Nathan, Osith Ramanathan, is revealed to be the director of a offshore company based in tax haven British Virgin Islands. While Panama Offshore Leaks stated that revelations on its website does not suggest criminal activities, the fact remains that Osith Ramanathan is placing undisclosed millions in the tax haven to avoid taxes in Singapore.
You may view the leaked document here and here for Osith Ramanathan.
Recently-deceased SR Nathan used to draw S$4.2 million a year (excluding bonuses) for his compliant role as the Singapore President. Having been in office for 12 years, SR Nathan was never known as a philanthropist and has kept his immense wealth to himself and his family. SR Nathan came to power as President after being unofficially appointed by Lee Kuan Yew, and arrangements were made to attain the powerful post via election walkovers.
Tax evasion is not easy to prove in oligarchy Singapore, especially for powerful figures linked to the ruling party PAP. The incumbent government often praises itself for being “incorruptible” and are hence hesitant to conduct deeper investigations in politically-sensitive figures. Malaysia’s grand corruption case, 1MDB, is a textbook example of Singapore’s ruling party trying to protect the Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak, who is a supporter of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and his dictatorship. Singapore feigned ignorance and instead pushed the blame to its banks for laundering the Malaysian state funds, in what they called “lapses”.
The corruption bureau in Singapore reports directly to Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, and nobody can be investigated without his green light.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: SR Nathan’s son stash undisclosed millions in offshore company at Brit Virgin Isl

http://statestimesreview.com/2016/0...n-offshore-company-at-british-virgin-islands/

According to Panama Offshore Leaks, son of former President SR Nathan, Osith Ramanathan, is revealed to be the director of a offshore company based in tax haven British Virgin Islands. While Panama Offshore Leaks stated that revelations on its website does not suggest criminal activities, the fact remains that Osith Ramanathan is placing undisclosed millions in the tax haven to avoid taxes in Singapore.
You may view the leaked document here and here for Osith Ramanathan.
Recently-deceased SR Nathan used to draw S$4.2 million a year (excluding bonuses) for his compliant role as the Singapore President. Having been in office for 12 years, SR Nathan was never known as a philanthropist and has kept his immense wealth to himself and his family. SR Nathan came to power as President after being unofficially appointed by Lee Kuan Yew, and arrangements were made to attain the powerful post via election walkovers.
Tax evasion is not easy to prove in oligarchy Singapore, especially for powerful figures linked to the ruling party PAP. The incumbent government often praises itself for being “incorruptible” and are hence hesitant to conduct deeper investigations in politically-sensitive figures. Malaysia’s grand corruption case, 1MDB, is a textbook example of Singapore’s ruling party trying to protect the Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak, who is a supporter of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and his dictatorship. Singapore feigned ignorance and instead pushed the blame to its banks for laundering the Malaysian state funds, in what they called “lapses”.
The corruption bureau in Singapore reports directly to Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, and nobody can be investigated without his green light.

Goh Keng Swee once said...." There is nothing you can do about it."

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: SR Nathan’s son stash undisclosed millions in offshore company at Brit Virgin Isl

when people say singapore is the cleanest and least corruption in the world,its only because the citizens cant be bothered to indict the government with anything.if the people dont bother to find out what is going on,of course u can be the cleanest and most corruption free.ignorance is bliss and singapore is a very happy country indeed.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

when people say singapore is the cleanest and least corruption in the world,its only because the citizens cant be bothered to indict the government with anything.if the people dont bother to find out what is going on,of course u can be the cleanest and most corruption free.ignorance is bliss and singapore is a very happy country indeed.

Can't be bothered is not the end. They even help to facilitate it.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Luckily I use a different offshore company. I didn't see my name in the panama list.

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal

dont be daft; you think any president will evade income tax on their $4m salary?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

let us be very honest about this...with so much money around, how can any normal human, can stand in not dipping 'their hands' in the till or even ' borrow some' & put it back later....the difference is, it is done so subtly & when you steal the 'grain' from the 'silo'....you drill a hole at the bottom...drain some away....& fill in the top regularly...those looking at the silo..will never know..how much had been 'stolen'...

you give me the key to the vault...with tons of gold bars....or?.....I will find way to 'take a small bit'...that is natural right....so much..what is 'taking a little' furthermore, my 'boss' is my good friend & trust me so much..even the checkers, my good friend...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal

Please don't any o how talk bad about my late friend's son lah !

Attachments

• prata.jpg
    prata.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 1,104

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

If the money is not earned in Singapore then it is not taxable in Singapore. Singapore does not have a worldwide tax regime.

The Singapore tax system is one of the fairest systems in the world.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Can't be bothered is not the end. They even help to facilitate it.

and queue up to cry when the corrupted leader passed away. What does this tell you about the mind beneath the sinkies?

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal

lit is done so subtly & when you steal the 'grain' from the 'silo'....you drill a hole at the bottom...drain some away....& fill in the top regularly...those looking at the silo..will never know..how much had been 'stolen'..

You've provided a very interesting analogy.

A little bird from the West whispered to me that Buy-High-Sell-Low has been doing exactly as you described since "appointed" CEO of Teamasick by her father-in-law. That's how she's been helping Familee to increase its coffers by hundreds of millions of USD.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

"a new broom sweeps clean, but an old broom knows the corners "

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

and queue up to cry when the corrupted leader passed away. What does this tell you about the mind beneath the sinkies?

Probably no words can describe. Daft is too lenient.
The other day I just witness low life sinkie cashier in polyclinics asking low life sinkie patient to pay using cash when the cpf system was down, it was not able to link the available medisave balance so the cashier insist all the patient to pay using cash. When my turn arrived she tried to use it on me and guess what I did.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

who is complaining?after all isnt singapore a tax haven money laundering hub for australian,indonesian,china,american,india and other countries to stash their billions of undeclared profits and tax avoidance hub?

if anything singapore should be nuked and bombed out of existence.waiting for china to launch the icbm.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I guess you told her you forgot to bring your cash and cards. :p
That's one way to overcome her persistence .but I use the moronic tekan manner - looking at her blankly and keep repeating. .I want to use medisave.. when she try to explain or anything just overlap her words and say the same sentence :biggrin:

ginbitchy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Probably no words can describe. Daft is too lenient.
The other day I just witness low life sinkie cashier in polyclinics asking low life sinkie patient to pay using cash when the cpf system was down, it was not able to link the available medisave balance so the cashier insist all the patient to pay using cash. When my turn arrived she tried to use it on me and guess what I did.

What you did would have depended on whether the cashier had a slim waist.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's one way to overcome her persistence .but I use the moronic tekan manner - looking at her blankly and keep repeating. .I want to use medisave.. when she try to explain or anything just overlap her words and say the same sentence :biggrin:
Oh dear, now I'm curious! :p
So what happened in the end? :confused:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Oh dear, now I'm curious! :p
So what happened in the end? :confused:

In the end I did a ke balagan pusing and March off lor.
I know We can pay it on the next visit but the low life sinkie cashier just want to act as a facilitator to her master :*: in fact most of the patients just pay cash as instructed. All this minor happenings can show where the 70% were derived.

BTW when using this type of moronic tekan method you cannot use arguments in the conversations as the other party already have a mindset to make you pay and pay, no matter how you argue will be meaningless.