• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The perfect type of english - spoken by Tanglin actress Tong Li Yan (Wee Soon Hui)

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tanglin-first-look---wee-soon-hui-is-back-on-channel-5-s-first-long-form-drama--box-cover-mcbc0150619007030101.jpg

[video]http://video.toggle.sg/en/series/tanglin/ep296/440702 [/video]

I find this type of spoken English is perfect . Not too fast nor too slow, words are pronounced to the point of perfection.
No British nor fake angmoh accent. How can a Chinese take the effort to speak in this manner. :wink:

Wangfeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The perfect type of english - spoken by Tanglin actress Tong Li Yan (Wee Soon Hui

I find this type of spoken English is perfect . Not too fast nor too slow, words are pronounced to the point of perfection.
No British nor fake angmoh accent. How can a Chinese take the effort to speak in this manner. :wink:

Learn from Ahmeng :rolleyes:

ginbitchy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The perfect type of english - spoken by Tanglin actress Tong Li Yan (Wee Soon Hui

Isn't the perfect type of English for Singaporeans ...er...the LKY type ?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Isn't the perfect type of English for Singaporeans ...er...the LKY type ?

Lky english has the punching effect but he didn't pronounce them as good as wee soon hui.
I think to master it we need to go lips training. Is not easy to maintain it as a permanent communication.

ginbitchy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lky english has the punching effect but he didn't pronounce them as good as wee soon hui.
I think to master it we need to go lips training. Is not easy to maintain it as a permanent communication.

May I introduce you to Mr George Bush Sr:

[video=youtube;xxFlsHiGyYA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxFlsHiGyYA[/video]

Wangfeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ah Meng distinction English is good for written only. Unless Ah Meng post got voice got talk thread :/

Oh! Ahmeng written chinese must also be very good :rolleyes:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

buay sai lah. 1st 2 words out of the mouth already a turn-off. "i hope" is correctly pronounced as "i ho-pe" with emphasis on "p" and a subtle and soft "e", not the sinkie way of saying "houp".

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Diana Ser speaks good English. Hers is even better than mine.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

buay sai lah. 1st 2 words out of the mouth already a turn-off. "i hope" is correctly pronounced as "i ho-pe" with emphasis on "p" and a subtle and soft "e", not the sinkie way of saying "houp".

Hooopee....goooode.... the ending d and t ended with a soft tone..:p
Yeah I said perfect but I find a turn off with goose pimple :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Sounds like a typical sinkie accent to me.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal

My favourite female Chinese Sinkie speaker of that kind of English is the lovely:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenda Chong
channelnewsasia.com/news/about/presentercorrespondent/glenda-chong/566210.html

facebook.com/Glenda-Chong-374040012703816/videos

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0b41b9082964be108a94059444fb0c14.jpeg
    0b41b9082964be108a94059444fb0c14.jpeg
    41.5 KB · Views: 4,242
  • 13880127_1022556651185479_4607812358338019315_n.jpg
    13880127_1022556651185479_4607812358338019315_n.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 9,266
  • love.gif
    love.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 10,826
Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

perfect Eiinglish by winston churchill

[video=youtube;lW6jW9y59JY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW6jW9y59JY[/video]

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i like LKY's cambridge certified house of the commons hogwarts type of english too despite his reputation as a dictatorial asshole,his english probably supercedes 95 percent of the native english speaking ang mohs.if only his writings and books werent half full of insane jibber jabber.it gives me goosebumps whenever i read some of his old quotes or speeches.LKY could be admired for his literary genius if the nation wasnt busy worshipping him like some kind of grotesque jabba da hut demigod kim jong il esque figure with hordes of beautiful korean women by his side.

Last edited:

PEE_APE_PEE

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is not such thing.

There is only rubbish Ang Moh and worse stinking crappy Ang Moh, all are worthless shits.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sounds like a typical sinkie accent to me.

Singaporean chinese should be speaking singaporean accent with proper sentence and word pronounciation She deliver all that :wink:

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singaporean chinese should be speaking singaporean accent with proper sentence and word pronounciation She deliver all that :wink:

Good morning chootchiew.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset