• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Undecided between Tab S2 and iPad Air 2

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
apple notebooks are nothing but hype,if they are so good why is it they only have 10 percent of the market share vs the other 90 percent of pcs/laptops that runs on windows?thats because they are nothing but overpriced pieces of junk owned by fanbois thanks to iphone's influence,even then apple macbooks are losing market share quickly thanks to all the powerful yet cheap laptops that are coming onto the market in recent years from lenovo yoga 900 to razor blade to MSI going for less than $1100 USD to tons of amazing specialized brands out there,something that apple just cannot compete with.apple computer market shares is hitting rock bottom with the largest decline among all computer manufacturers!!!!and apple is supposed to be a computer company not a smartphone company!!!!even their fanbois are tired of their old recycled shit.tired of paying top dollars for technology that is 5 years old and cannot even keep up.

The reason why people don't buy Macs is because the Mac edition of Microsoft Office is shit. No matter what they say, there will still be some minor compatibility issues when using Mac version. Sure, you can install software that allows you to install Windows OS, but that's too much trouble.

seizure

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have never owned an Apple mobile device. The Tab S2 is stunning but my experience with Android OS isn't that good. I'm sick of those malware directing me by force to certain web pages and playstore apps.

Do you have such a problem with iPad iOS?

my wife bought me an ipad air 2 about 1.5 years ago. i don't use it often in the first year... my daily phone is a blackberry.

i use both iphone and android phones as part of my work (software-related), but in the last few months, i have been using the ipad more frequently for web browsing.

it works great. before this, i was using a winows tablet (asus 10" with detachable keyboard costs $350) that is much heavier and prone to updating itself.

with the exception of the most recent iOS update, i have not been bugged by the tablet to update anything. i don't have lots of apps or games in there.

unfortunately, although the ipad is very nice to use, it is not 4x as good as my windows tablet (my ipad air 2 is the cellular 128gb version).

although i don't think i can give the ipad up now, if i could choose my own present, i would not have bought the ipad simply due to cost.

if you want something that just works (like an iphone), you can consider the ipad air 2. if you want lots of customization, probably the tab.

(disclaimer: i've owned an android 7" tab before. it was a piece of junk. i believe the latest tabs are better although i don't know what they cost.)

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The reason why people don't buy Macs is because the Mac edition of Microsoft Office is shit. No matter what they say, there will still be some minor compatibility issues when using Mac version. Sure, you can install software that allows you to install Windows OS, but that's too much trouble.

I have no problem with Office for Mac....I was using the Office 365 which included Mac 2016, but I stopped the shitty MS subscription thing...so I uninstalled all the 365....& revert back to my old copy of my MAC OFFICE 2011, which I update regularly still using...

The reason I stopped the 365 subscription was I have totally eliminated all MS Windozed & have stopped using their rubbish..since DOS version 1.0 finally...

I will buy, pay a bit more though, BUY ONCE USE forever....MAC OFFICE 2016...but 2011, still fine...Don't need to upgrade..

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wanna buy just buy lah.. Talk so much chap just to purchase a tablet.. Knn.. Why sinkie behaves like this?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks, bro.

I don't need it for games, that is for sure. I just need something handy to showcase my products and designs to my clients when I'm overseas. The notebook is bulky and it takes awhile to boot up. It's just not convenient, which is why I'm looking to get a tablet.

If boot up speed is an issue, you can take a look at laptops which are equipped with an SSD drive. The prices of SSD drives are getting affordable.

ginbitchy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have to agree with you on this.....just decide, the budget, what one is comfortable with working on......

I have budget for the more expensive iPad Pro. But I don't want to be "cheated" by brands and hype. If Samsung can match iPad pixel for pixel, I will not pay extra $ for an Apple.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have budget for the more expensive iPad Pro. But I don't want to be "cheated" by brands and hype. If Samsung can match iPad pixel for pixel, I will not pay extra $ for an Apple.

Some people do impulse buying, others do their research before they buy. It's all part of the fun of the shopping experience :smile:

The only Samsung product I own is a 24" computer monitor, prefer my Dell monitors even though they cost more but you have to pay for quality. One gets a Samsung because of price & not because of quality. They might advertise better specs but you have to careful of claims. Samsung has been known to pay people for positive reviews.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You right winger are like that; always equating others to yourself. Not everyone is so loaded as you - the multi-millionaire jaga.

if sinkies can easily fork out thousands of $ on this "prosperity" bs, what is a thousand $ on an ipad.

image.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Judging by the way you ask....I am sure you will be comfortable with the pricing, of Samsung tablets...I paid for an iPad mini 2, 128gb & later sold it...my main purpose of buying the unit was to load it with all the music I have...which was more than 128gb but, I fit in those I want to listen to on long journeys....& change the songs. The reason I sold it was, it was not used for the purpose it was for, to listen to music only, I started using the apps, read ebooks, etc... distraction & battery draining & when I want to listen to music & forgot to charge...I get frustrated. The other thing was the sound output, APPLE sucks.

I don't have any tablets now....but I will still go buy an iPad mini 4..128gb, & a Samsung tablet for places I go, that is Samsung friendly....& use as a standby mobile phone.. Buy a Kindle ebook reader the paper white edition, just for reading.

With that budget, go get the samsung & spend the money saved in buying the iPad, for accessories....but good ones...extra cords etc...

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tab S2 has microSD expandable storage up to 256GB. Air 2 no. bigger memory storage is always better. I would prefer to have the microSD slot.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tab S2 has microSD expandable storage up to 256GB. Air 2 no. bigger storage is always better. I would prefer to have the microSD slot.

That is still the number grouses with the iPad users....me included, no expandability......

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ipad actually has cellular versions. 3g and 4g. i'm testing one. who says no?

image.jpg

Last edited: