• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Did LHL Getting Ill Unify Singaporeans?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of my friends say that LHL getting ill during the NDR caused many Singaporeans to whatsapp prayers for him. They claim that LHL getting ill has unified Singaporeans the way Joseph Schooling's Olympic Gold Medal did.

I disagree with my friends. Singaporeans whatsapp prayers for LHL was out of compassion for a sick human being. It was not a support of the evils he did.

The pap must realise that Singaporeans are a compassionate people and LHL's sickness didnt unify singaporeans the way Schooling did

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lhl is cause of Singaporean problems.
Even if he step down .there is no reverse back .
Too deep n too much problems.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some say lky is bad.
I will say lhl is worse.he a spoil brat.
Lwl said Singapore is no longer the same.
It is ruin by his money n power hunger mentality.
Poor management of key position .
Lead Singapore As company instead of a country.
Open door to China India Malaysian pinoys.
Many became citizen without serving NS.

retrenched

Alfrescian
Loyal
i just feel he talked too much as usual (and justifying his crap decisions) instead of taking the appropriate actions - in fact this time he really really talked too much haha.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lhl is cause of Singaporean problems.
Even if he step down .there is no reverse back .
Too deep n too much problems.

Agree.

LHL thinks that building shopping malls, expensive office towers, iconic Marina Bay Sands Integrated resort, etc shows that pap is a good govt. That's how shallow LHL is.

Listen to his recently NDR. LHL doesnt have a clue abt developing and improving SG's heartware and making life better for Singaporeans. What kind of useless govt pap is

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some say lky is bad.
I will say lhl is worse.he a spoil brat.
Lwl said Singapore is no longer the same.
It is ruin by his money n power hunger mentality.
Poor management of key position .
Lead Singapore As company instead of a country.
Open door to China India Malaysian pinoys.
Many became citizen without serving NS.

the sooner LHL leaves, the better it is for Singapore

searcher1

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL no need to fake ill & gain pity from people, that is not his style. He already admit that he fainted in SAFTI before, so he is those weak-body type, cannot stand for too long. He tries to follow his papa style, forgetting LKY got iron & do things the traditional way.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL no need to fake ill & gain pity from people, that is not his style. He already admit that he fainted in SAFTI before, so he is those weak-body type, cannot stand for too long. He tries to follow his papa style, forgetting LKY got iron & do things the traditional way.

no one says that LHL tries to gain pity.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is a strong dramatic(body language) sign; as talk was on succession.
A new leader to come in, cometh the next election.

Again, who are these people who show compassion when they complained
about the damages he did to all.?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is a strong dramatic(body language) sign; as talk was on succession.
A new leader to come in, cometh the next election.

Again, who are these people who show compassion when they complained
about the damages he did to all.?

it is gracious and humane to show compassion to a sick man.

We must not do what the pap is doing ie to profit at the expense of the sick

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of my friends say that LHL getting ill during the NDR caused many Singaporeans to whatsapp prayers for him. They claim that LHL getting ill has unified Singaporeans the way Joseph Schooling's Olympic Gold Medal did.

I disagree with my friends. Singaporeans whatsapp prayers for LHL was out of compassion for a sick human being. It was not a support of the evils he did.

The pap must realise that Singaporeans are a compassionate people and LHL's sickness didnt unify singaporeans the way Schooling did

i truly believe that LHL's death will unifying Singaporeans in cursing him more.

ginbitchy

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is gracious and humane to show compassion to a sick man.

We must not do what the pap is doing ie to profit at the expense of the sick

I think Singaporeans tend to overplay the term "graciousness". Being gracious is a virtue, and like all virtues, some are more important than others. Graciousness must not be attained at the expense of justice.

What does graciousness win us ? For a few whose hearts are as kind as the Goddess of Mercy, it's graciousness itself. For many others who jump on the bandwagon, it's all about appearing virtuous - in other words, self-serving.

Before we talk about graciousness, justice must first be meted out to the perpetrators of ungracious policies.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Singaporeans tend to overplay the term "graciousness". Being gracious is a virtue, and like all virtues, some are more important than others. Graciousness must not be attained at the expense of justice.

What does graciousness win us ? For a few whose hearts are as kind as the Goddess of Mercy, it's graciousness itself. For many others who jump on the bandwagon, it's all about appearing virtuous - in other words, self-serving.

Before we talk about graciousness, justice must first be meted out to the perpetrators of ungracious policies.

justice, mercy or grace cant be taken in isolation

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

LHL is still a real local born sinkie, one of the sons of the soil, even though he may be dumb with some of his policies such as renting out HDB flats to foreign permanent squatters when homeless local natives have to camp at changi seaside. Sending messages for him to get well is no indication sinkies are getting united behind him.