• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Trivia from NDR

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
During the fathers time, it was what he wanted to do, the agenda, the plan and what he wanted to achieve, some of which are highly controversial and subsequently removed. The son's however is a report card - gardens by the bay, punggol waterway, Biopolis, Fusionpolis etc. Nothing about job creation, job security and why Singapore is now the most expensive city to live in.

GCT's 14 years, no one can remember what he said 14 times - so there is not substance. The Swiss Standard and the Football team to make the World Cup was not mentioned during NDR. GCT mentioned Swiss Standard in 1984 during GE1984 to be achieved in 1999. What we ended up with is Philippines bud grafted into Singapore.

Thoroughly agree, that was why I could not bother to view it on TV. I was watching and enjoying "Hobbit" rerun instead. :biggrin:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why think the thread is on trivia. Thats where the entertainment is. Certainly beats conversing with a man pretending to be a woman on the belief that you out-trolling a troll when the whole aim of the troll is not the pretence but the continuous baiting and hooking to occupy his sorry life.

At long last! I was wondering when your low blow would come?
I have no idea what is the impact on me from a fainting man on national TV?
I supposed i will now have one egg less from the char kuay tiao hawker i patronize every Sunday morning or that there will be less magikarp for me to fish on Pokemon Go?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to Perm Secs who transitioned between the old man and son - father was a visionary but poor at execution but he had people who could execute well. GKS, Hon, Pillay, Bogaars etc. The son can execute par excellent - very logical and methodical etc. Apparently he executed on the GST with great detail under Richard Hu and it was implemented flawlessly. He was actually given the label "Super Perm Sec" by the Mandarins for this reason. But hopeless at leadership, vision, big picture and more a follower of great men. Always excited about new ideas but not one to come up with one. Though he was heavy into consumer technology and used to spend his lunch breaks in Funan Centre, he was not in that league. How he appointedViv Balakrishnan to take charge of Smart Nation portfolio is a shock.

Thoroughly agree, that was why I could not bother to view it on TV. I was watching and enjoying "Hobbit" rerun instead. :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I use to fall for this in the early years until I was told by Sam no less. We all have our vulnerable side.

At long last! I was wondering when your low blow would come?
I have no idea what is the impact on me from a fainting man on national TV?
I supposed i will now have one egg less from the char kuay tiao hawker i patronize every Sunday morning or that there will be less magikarp for me to fish on Pokemon Go?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I use to fall for this in the early years until I was told by Sam no less. We all have our vulnerable side.

Touché

Seriously dude, i asked very mundane questions and a quick lesson in history does not quite cut it.

My parochial interests does not align itself with great moments on national TV and memorable quotes. That said, you found ways to expend your time and internet bandwidth your way and i found ways to entertain myself to no end. It sure beats my previous project building a boat out of used condoms.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong caused a scare when he fainted briefly while delivering a long televised speech on Sunday, but he resumed speaking after resting.

The 64-year-old cancer survivor, son of the city-state's late founding leader Lee Kuan Yew, suddenly stopped speaking more than two hours into his speech and had to be helped off the stage.

When he returned about an hour and 20 minutes later, the crowd in the packed auditorium gave him a standing ovation and thousands of well-wishers expressed relief on social media.

Aides blamed fatigue and dehydration and ruled out a stroke.

"Thank you for waiting for me. I gave everybody a scare," said Lee, who has been in power since 2004.

He said he fainted during the speech, part of celebrations linked to Singapore's 51st anniversary as a republic on August 9.

"I think that's what happened. I've never had so many doctors look at me all at once, they think I'm all right. But anyway I'm going to have a full check-up after this."

Neighbouring Malaysia's Prime Minister Najib Razak posted on Twitter: "Heard that you're not feeling well. I hope you're all right. Get well soon."

Lee had been on his feet for more than two hours when he stunned the audience as he slouched over the lectern before cameras cut away to his listeners during a live broadcast.

The audience sat in shock but broke into applause when Lee was being helped off the stage.

An official statement said Lee was affected by prolonged standing, heat and dehydration.

"His heart is fine and he did not have a stroke," the statement added.

Lee underwent surgery for prostate cancer last year and has received the all-clear from doctors. He survived a bout of lymphoma, a form of cancer, in 1992.

Sunday's incident was the second health scare to hit the government since Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat collapsed from a stroke during a cabinet meeting in May.

After resuming his speech, Lee underscored the importance of an orderly leadership succession.

He led the ruling People's Action Party, which has governed Singapore since it became independent from Malaysia in 1965, to a new-five year term last year and has indicated he would hand over power by the time he reaches 70.

"Most of the core team are in place," he said.

"Heng Swee Keat gave us a bad scare, worse than what I gave you just now. Much worse," he said.

Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen, a medical doctor who was among those who helped Lee off the stage, said on Facebook that the prime minister had a "fainting spell".

"Not serious, similar to what soldiers get from standing on the parade square too long," he said.

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to Perm Secs who transitioned between the old man and son - father was a visionary but poor at execution but he had people who could execute well. GKS, Hon, Pillay, Bogaars etc. The son can execute par excellent - very logical and methodical etc. Apparently he executed on the GST with great detail under Richard Hu and it was implemented flawlessly. He was actually given the label "Super Perm Sec" by the Mandarins for this reason. But hopeless at leadership, vision, big picture and more a follower of great men. Always excited about new ideas but not one to come up with one. Though he was heavy into consumer technology and used to spend his lunch breaks in Funan Centre, he was not in that league. How he appointedViv Balakrishnan to take charge of Smart Nation portfolio is a shock.

"How he appointed Viv Balakrishnan to take charge of Smart Nation portfolio is a shock". This guy (I know him, lah), I am also much surprised when he was made "foreign" minister. Hope that he not only "overspent" but now "overtalked" and make trouble with our neighbours!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats not what happened. You thought wit and smart comebacks would set the tone but he was not looking for that. He was looking for continuous engagement and you delivered. He had you fairly and squarely for quite some time - a captive so to speak. Thats the primary and only aim of a troll - not wit, not banter and not freewheeling conversation. He is the only one that set the agenda. He knew full well that allowing you to deliver on wit on the belief that you had control would to keep you as a captive.

You got to admit he has been quite successful in his previous forays with a few others.

That said, you found ways to expend your time and internet bandwidth your way and i found ways to entertain myself to no end. It sure beats my previous project building a boat out of used condoms.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Viv has also told people that he is Tech geek of some sort. I remember he even put it down as a hobby in his official CV when he entered politics. So far I have not seen him deliver anything substantial. He is well remembered for the getting things wrong. Every 2 years when the PAP cadres members vote the CEC, he is regularly down the list with the lowest vote and to save embarrassment the details are not released.

"How he appointed Viv Balakrishnan to take charge of Smart Nation portfolio is a shock". This guy (I know him, lah), I am also much surprised when he was made "foreign" minister. Hope that he not only "overspent" but now "overtalked" and make trouble with our neighbours!

Hawkeye1819

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Touché

Seriously dude, i asked very mundane questions and a quick lesson in history does not quite cut it.

My parochial interests does not align itself with great moments on national TV and memorable quotes. That said, you found ways to expend your time and internet bandwidth your way and i found ways to entertain myself to no end. It sure beats my previous project building a boat out of used condoms.

The Entity started off as FTalent - also a foreign born female. When that persona fell apart, the Flozzy group of trolls came out to create havoc. Marketed themselves as early 20s gals.

The Entity held more sway when marketing "herself" as a six figure income corporate highflyer with fair skin tone as opposed to a shanghainese out to "make friends". First time eatshitndie got so suckered in he forgot his name.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Born and raised a Hindu. Married Olivia, an Indian RC. RC requires the kids to be brought up as RC if you want to marry in an RC Church, so I guess he jumped in as well. Regular at St Ignatius Church - where the rich and famous go to.

Regular and active.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Entity started off as FTalent - also a foreign born female. When that persona fell apart, the Flozzy group of trolls came out to create havoc. Marketed themselves as early 20s gals.

The Entity held more sway when marketing "herself" as a six figure income corporate highflyer with fair skin tone as opposed to a shanghainese out to "make friends". First time eatshitndie got so suckered in he forgot his name.

I wonder what's the next incarnation? Meanwhile just enjoy this one while it lasts.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thats not what happened. You thought wit and smart comebacks would set the tone but he was not looking for that. He was looking for continuous engagement and you delivered. He had you fairly and squarely for quite some time - a captive so to speak. Thats the primary and only aim of a troll - not wit, not banter and not freewheeling conversation. He is the only one that set the agenda. He knew full well that allowing you to deliver on wit on the belief that you had control would to keep you as a captive.

You got to admit he has been quite successful in his previous forays with a few others.

ESND have taken back the mantle, i was no more than a filibuster with too much time on his hands.

Now i have more time for other important pursuits such as reading Joan Collin's romance stories.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The country lurches from one fad to the next with no real sense of direction and no obvious purpose. It is kept afloat only because of a population ponzi scheme that will soon unravel.

Truth to be spoken, I do see some semblance of order amidst the chaos. A natural progression of nature, if I may, will be in place and we will see a decline of this nation state.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The video showed an indian new Citizen or PR stood up in anxiety. The rest probably mind sleeping or catching pokemon. A few, who don't report to LHL or probably have some corruption deal behind an unfair tender, don't give a hew and find the situation "entertaining".