• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious i Hope Datuk Lee can get Gold medal this year

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
既生瑜,何生亮

既生李,何生丹

Both are great players. Clap clap for them.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jonny, I asked my Friend and he answered your question

Do you know how Lee Chong Wei got his Datuk(knighthood) title?
Lee Chong Wei when he first started out, used to lose to Chinese players most of the time. Prime Minister was worried and took him to see his most entrusted advisor. After some diagnosis he told prime minister the problem lies with his initial "LCW" which means "Let China Win".
So to address the problem the quick thinking PM got him the title Datuk. So that his initial now becomes "DLCW" ... "Don't let China win". And the rest is history.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jonny, I asked my Friend and he answered your question

Do you know how Lee Chong Wei got his Datuk(knighthood) title?
Lee Chong Wei when he first started out, used to lose to Chinese players most of the time. Prime Minister was worried and took him to see his most entrusted advisor. After some diagnosis he told prime minister the problem lies with his initial "LCW" which means "Let China Win".
So to address the problem the quick thinking PM got him the title Datuk. So that his initial now becomes "DLCW" ... "Don't let China win". And the rest is history.

Was it the mad hatter:smile:

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Again and again, always use your 义正严词 to push all the fault to me.
Say like I am crazy women, not understanding.
Now is who curse who? Who say who bad words? And you still can say I keep cursing and scolding you.
I got nothing to say but just finally to see through and know what kind of person you are.

I will not believe in what you said anymore. Hate me or curse me. I will not care and bother anymore!

Very regret to know you in my life!

Sorry, I am just too confused and emotional and dunno what in my mind.
Don't talk anymore then we can have more peace.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Magic moment in Rio as 'proud' Lee finally beats Lin

AFP News
By Peter Hutchison | AFP News – 11 hours ago

1fcbef8018ef414e336454fbf969fdf9aa35ff7d.jpg

AFP News/Emmanuel Dunand - Lee Chong Wei celebrates after beating Lin Dan in Rio de Janeiro on August 19, 2016

Malaysia's Lee Chong Wei said he was "very proud" to have avenged two heartbreaking Olympic badminton final defeats to Lin Dan with a last-four victory against his nemesis at Rio Friday.

The badminton world number one lost the first game 21-15 but took the second 21-11 before sensationally keeping his gold medal dreams alive with a 22-20 victory in the third.

Lee, who has never won a world or Olympic title, sunk to his knees as he finally beat his old foe before the pair removed their shirts and embraced on the court.

"This is the first time I've beaten Lin Dan in a big competition. Today Lin Dan and I played a great game and I'm very proud to beat him," a relieved Lee told reporters.

The arch-rivals were locked at 16-16 in the final game before Lee took a 20-17 lead to have three match points to win it, only for Lin to dramatically haul it back to 20-all.

Lee, who lost the last two Olympic finals to his arch-rival Lin, said it had been a more nervy end to the match than he would have liked after letting those match points slip by.

"In 2012 I had a lead and I lost," explained Lee. "In my mind I was just thinking don't lose," the Malaysian added.

At Beijing in 2008 Lin humiliated Lee 21-12, 21-8 in the gold medal showdown to become Olympic champion for the first time.

Four years later in London it was far closer as the Chinese shuttler edged it 21-15, 10-21, 21-19 to become a double Olympic champion and forcing Lee to collect silver for a second time.

Friday's last-four clash was almost certain to be the last time the arch-rivals meet at an Olympics with both Lee, 33 and Lin, 32, expected to have retired by the time Tokyo 2020 rolls around.

Chinese superstar Lin said the match had been of the "best quality".
"I feel this was a magic moment for the Olympic Games," he told reporters, adding however that he regretted that his Olympic rivalry with Lee had ended with a defeat.

Lee said he would feel the pressure of having that elusive gold medal within touching range but would just try to go out and enjoy Saturday's final against China's Chen Long.

The fact that Malaysia has never won an Olympic gold in any sport will add to the weight of expectation.

"Yeah, there's more pressure on my side now as I've never been Olympic champion. Just one more step now. I will try my very best in the final tomorrow," said Lee.

The Malaysian will do battle with world number two Chen, who Lee recently usurped at the top of the rankings, after the Chinese breezed past Denmark's Viktor Axelsen 21-14, 21-15.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Hope Datuk Lee can get Gold medal this year

What time is the match?

Siaran.transformed.jpg

Live viewing party at Sri Pentas on Saturday for Chong Wei-Chen Long final BY NST ONLINE - 19 AUGUST 2016 @ 11:24 PM Facebook 0 Twitter Share 0 KUALA LUMPUR:

Though Datuk Lee Chong Wei’s quest for Olympic gold today is halfway across the world in Rio de Janeiro, but there is at least on place where Malaysians can come together to cheer on the nation’s No. 1 shuttler.

Lee’s showdown with China’s Chen Long for the men’s badminton singles gold medal will be broadcast live at the main lobby of Sri Pentas, Bandar Utama tomorrow (Friday).

The match is sheduled to start at 8.20pm, but fans can gather from 7pm to watch possibly history in the making.

The event is organised by IPTV broadcaster HyppSports HD, Team Malaysia and Media Prima Television Network. As the official IPTV broadcaster for the Rio 2016 Olympics in Malaysia, HyppSports HD will bring these matches to viewers nationwide via live streaming.

ginbitchy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chen Long will win, and possibly straight sets.

Chen Long's defence is the best in this trade, and his "spider man" type of court craft is reminiscent of another China legend - Han Jian. It's specifically designed to counter Datuk Lee's leap and smash game.

At 33 Datuk Lee will not be able to maintain the same intensity for more than an hour. Even Ronald Susilo can beat him if the match is stretched into 3 games.

Sorry, Mudlanders. Datuk Lee will NEVER win a Olympic Gold.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chen Long's defence is the best in this trade, and his "spider man" type of court craft is reminiscent of another China legend - Han Jian. It's specifically designed to counter Datuk Lee's leap and smash game.

At 33 Datuk Lee will not be able to maintain the same intensity for more than an hour. Even Ronald Susilo can beat him if the match is stretched into 3 games.

For $6m broadcasters are willing to skip airing the games.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

No . DATO Lee will win. And he will be rewarded richly.$$$. More than 1m krisflyers points. :smile:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

will be another tough fight ahead; let's hope
he will bring back malaysia 1st gold.... MALAYSIA BOLEH .. LCW BOLEH !!!

Yes between a chinaman and a Malaysian....I'll support our Neighbour in a heartbeat.
Sg got got msia got gold.....that'll be great