• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat S'pore caves in - Gruesome Murder Downgraded for PRC Hostess

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
AG now passing judgment rather than the court. Its clearly political interference as result of avoiding a diplomatic incident. Read the case below. 92 injuries and they are horrific in nature. Attempts to clean up and cover up the incident. Why not retain the charge and let the Court decide and if it warrants conviction to a lesser charge so be it.

The number of locals hanged in the past based on similar facts and the current trend on treating foreigners in this manner is not right. One country 2 systems.

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-news/chinsese-national-allegedly-stabs-and-slashes-roommate
CHINSESE NATIONAL ALLEGEDLY STABS AND SLASHES ROOMMATE

HOSTESS ON TRIAL FOR KILLING ROOMMATE IN GEYLANG APARTMENT

Aug 17, 2016 6:00am
BY RONALD LOH

They were colleagues at a karaoke lounge and compatriots who shared a room in a private apartment in Geylang.

Then one of the hostesses allegedly slashed and stabbed the other to death in their flat in February 2013.

Ms Zhao Jinhua, 26, a Chinese national, was found dead with over 90 injuries - most of them bruises and scratches - but with three wounds so serious they could have caused death on their own. (See report)

Yesterday, her roommate Jiang Yumei, 32, a fellow Chinese national, appeared in the Supreme Court and claimed trial to one count of culpable homicide not amounting to murder.

Jiang was initially facing a murder charge, but the prosecution amended the charge before the trial started.

Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP) Mohamed Faizal said in the prosecution's opening statement that Jiang attacked Ms Zhao in their Lorong 9 Geylang flat sometime between 11pm on Feb 11, 2013, and 10am the next day.

Jiang is said to have repeatedly slashed Ms Zhao's head, face, neck and arms with a cleaver until she collapsed onto the ground and became motionless.

Even after Ms Zhao was on the ground, Jiang continued her assault, DPP Faizal said.

He also said that Jiang, at some point, also used a knife to stab Ms Zhao at least three times.

After the assault, Jiang allegedly attempted to clean up the place before meeting her friend, Mr Jimmy Ho, whom she confided in about what had happened.

POLICE REPORT

Mr Ho then took Jiang to Bukit Merah Neighbourhood Police Centre, where she made a police report.

Yesterday, Health Sciences Authority's senior consultant forensic pathologist Paul Chui took the stand and said he found at least 92 injuries on Ms Zhao during the autopsy.

Three injuries were serious enough on their own to have killed her.

One was a gash on the back of Ms Zhao's neck that damaged the membrane around the spinal cord and left it swollen.

He said that such a deep injury could have caused spinal shock, a condition in which the nerves stop functioning, and paralysis of the limbs and lower body.

Ms Zhao died from the multiple injuries, he said.

Defence counsel Leo Cheng Suan said his client was asleep when Ms Zhao, allegedly armed with a knife, sat on her and grabbed her throat.

Jiang then flipped her roommate off her back, grabbed the knife and hacked Ms Zhao, he said.

But Dr Chui pointed out that there was a lack of bloodstains on the bed and the nearby wall to corroborate Jiang's version of events.

"You need to explain where the blood is," he said.

If convicted, Jiang faces life imprisonment or up to 20 years' jail and a fine. The trial continues today.

By the numbers

Number of injuries inflicted by Chinese national Jiang Yumei on her roommate, Ms Zhao Jinhua

Three injuries so severe each could have caused death

There were at least 92 injuries found on Ms Zhao Jinhua's (right) body, said Health Sciences Authority's senior consultant forensic pathologist Paul Chui.

Fourteen wounds reached the bone and three injuries were so severe they could have caused death on their own, he said.

The three severe injuries were:

Gash across her face that severed a facial artery
Gashes on the back of her head, one of which was from ear to ear and shaved off part of her skull
Huge gash on her neck that had multiple, overlapping wounds and damaged the membrane around the spinal cord Her other injuries included:
Gashes on her left shoulder and upper arm
Long gash at the back of her right hand down to the fingers
Cuts on the back of her hands and on her palms
Bruises and scratches all over her bo
- See more at: http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-ne...abs-and-slashes-roommate#sthash.CKBCpckk.dpuf

Protector Cromwell

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lotsa Ah Tiongs have mental sickness and other form of psychiatric problems, theses problems are not rectified and was cleared to enter into Sinkapoor.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Might as well lower it to 'Voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons or means', 24 months jail and fine. No caning if convicted since the defendant is a female

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
But it's prc kill prc...why would China want to intervene? Unless Jiang is related to CCP head honcho

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Flor Contemplacion killed her fellow Filipino maid.

Which confounds me too. I concur that behind the scenes politics is at play for the reduced charge, but I never understood the reason behind it. The victims were their own compatriots, it would not be helping their national interests much if they helped the perpetrators, which led me to just think that the perpetrators were linked to powerful people, hence the pressure on our justice system.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think there is any connection to the accused. Singapore and Singaporeans were startled when the Philippines and the Filipinos made a big issue with multiple protests despite the premeditation and viciousness behind the murder of their own kind. It has more to do with opportunists amongst the Politicians that are trying to proof that they are patriots.

Sadly our Government can't hold its own. Since then despite the number of maids and foreigners involved in killings, the AG has managed to find mental illness or some reason to downgrade it. And its 20 years since Flor Contemplation was hanged. The only region that never protests is Africa.

Which confounds me too. I concur that behind the scenes politics is at play for the reduced charge, but I never understood the reason behind it. The victims were their own compatriots, it would not be helping their national interests much if they helped the perpetrators, which led me to just think that the perpetrators were linked to powerful people, hence the pressure on our justice system.

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun think either China or Singapore government give 2 hoots about 1 prostitute murdering another. No need to come up with nutty political conspiracy theories.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I wished the two PRC whores had killed each other instead. Now, we have to endure this circus show of trialing one of them for homicide instead of murder.