• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Why must schooling still serve NS?

PinkaChung

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is training full time to win more gold medals for Singapore. He should be exempted from NS.

Winning gold medals for Singapore is basically National Service. Training everyday is as physical demanding as BMT.

I served NS before I think it's okay we can let him go and pursue our National interests.

We are telling the world, even though we are a peesai country we still got strong able bodied men and women who can beat you physically in sports.

So dun mess with us. This has a stronger phycological effect than carry a stupid rifle and shout charge.

Last edited:

retrenched

Alfrescian
Loyal
ns is basically about country defense while any other glory bringing activity while good does not fit the bill.

PinkaChung

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's not swimming for "national interest" you twit. He's in it purely for personal achievement.

Hey smart Alec! Not national interests why is he in Parliament? Maybe this is Ah Loong personal interests??

eMuPUtF.jpg

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is the price to pay for being "Singaporean".which makes this entire charade a farce,if at a later date he choose to give up his singaporean citizenship for an american citizenship,it will raise the question in many sinkies minds how singaporean he actually is.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The defence of Singapore is more important than any olympic medal. I always advocated getting nukes as that is the most effective deterrence so far against invasion in modern times. Nobody dares to mess around with the nuclear countries. Even for Israel, the Arab countries stop invading Israel after Israel has an operational nuke deterrent. Now, they just outsource all the trouble-making to militant groups like Hamas and Hezbollah.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is the price to pay for being "Singaporean".which makes this entire charade a farce,if at a later date he choose to give up his singaporean citizenship for an american citizenship,it will raise the question in many sinkies minds how singaporean he actually is.

I boubt so, cos tis Nation had lost it Soul under PAP and many Sinkies will be Happy for him.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I know many who emigrated because they didn't like the idea of doing reservist. If there was a way to avoid NS I bet that the majority of males would want to avoid it. Just look at the white horses who've managed to avoid the difficult combat units. How do we know that there aren't more elites who are still quietly differing their NS :confused:

NS has become a dirty word because it puts Sporeans at a disadvantage when competing against foreigners in the job market. The PAP is responsible for this situation. I don't believe that NS is a privilege. The PAP is just too cheap to pay for a permanent army:rolleyes:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know many who emigrated because they didn't like the idea of doing reservist. If there was a way to avoid NS I bet that the majority of males would want to avoid it. Just look at the white horses who've managed to avoid the difficult combat units. How do we know that there aren't more elites who are still quietly differing their NS :confused:

NS has become a dirty word because it puts Sporeans at a disadvantage when competing against foreigners in the job market. The PAP is responsible for this situation. I don't believe that NS is a privilege. The PAP is just too cheap to pay for a permanent army:rolleyes:

NS is the culmination of the formal indoctrination process which began when you started school in primary one. In NS, they either make you so scared of the PAP or eternally grateful to them. Either way, you end up a messed up kid ...learning only to do the PAP's bidding.

With NS, the PAP would have been gone long ago. Questioning and protesting sinkees would have driven the MIWs out.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
NS is a privilage to serve Familee, Cronies and the Elites. Tell me, even the pigein hole you dont own or your CPF saving is being keep by PAP, defend what!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
must lah. there are many pubic service duties to perform: f1, ndp, saf day, istana guard duty to name a few.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The defence of Singapore is more important than any olympic medal. I always advocated getting nukes as that is the most effective deterrence so far against invasion in modern times. Nobody dares to mess around with the nuclear countries. Even for Israel, the Arab countries stop invading Israel after Israel has an operational nuke deterrent. Now, they just outsource all the trouble-making to militant groups like Hamas and Hezbollah.

Lots of Ah Neh nuclear weapons 'experts' available. Sure, you want them?

The Ah Neh FTs hired to man the station will guarantee a screw up that lead to disaster.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Then all foreigners who become naturalized sinkees should pay the same price.

It would be stupid for Schooling to limit himself to sinkapore ...he could be reaping millions if he swims for USA. His life would have been made. Patriotism to sinkapore means nothing ...there is NO reciprocation. Sinkees are dispensable and the country do NOT value you. It is even in MINDEF doctrine!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
after decades of NS, why are we still facing racial problems? NS won't unite the races.
It makes things worse. Same same with proliferation of FT.

In the 70s, our national soccer team united the races. In Aug 2016, Joseph Schooling did the same.

PAP's many policies made things worse. Name me one policy that united the races here.