• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Princess Lee Wei Ling, This PAP govt is not like previous govt

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For sure, the bill is a scummy piece of legislation put forward by infantile politicians from an insecure party. I was really referring to the apparent bravado of LWL, and then the quick backtrack when she was probably reminded by her brother how her continued comfort in Oxley Road could change at any moment.

She kinda reminds me of Aixingioro Puyi when he was Emperor of Manchukuo.

To be fair, the bill is open to questionable interpretation. In the wrong hands it can be used for any purpose that suits the govt of the day. It is also ambiguous and people thus become overly cautious out of self fear and any criticism even those with merit will be withheld. Its a bill that does more harm than good. She is a President's Scholar, a medical doctor and university don and close to the powers that be and she is struggling with the bill. It is in fact so contentious and confusing that many are not even comfortable commenting about it.

If any bill requires frequent clarification from a cabinet minister its a bill that had failed in its intent let alone in its construction. There are poorly drafted bills but in this case the intent is also confusing.

The intent is to allow for a wide range of interpretations to suit the whims of the establishment.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lee wei ling may be the hero Singapore is looking for afterall,not CSJ not CST.

the brick in the wall that brings the whole block of jenga down.

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
More fb post from her. She is starting to sound more and more like an oppie. Some PAP IBs have began to question her, accusing her of being angsty and naive. If LWL continue, I am pretty sure the PAP IBs won't hesitate to insult her.

More on what she wrote

Yes, the current government is distinctly different from the government when LKY was PM and subsequently SM. One wise and observant journalist has written that the current government is less frank and upfront with Singaporeans. Let me remind everyone, the current government was voted in by Singaporeans. If it does not act for the welfare of Singaporeans, it can be voted out.

Some netizens asked who was this wise and observant journalist. LWL did not wish to reveal as she feared that this particular journalist might get into trouble with the PAP. Apparently, this journalist has helped work on one of LKY's books which was "Hard truth to keep Singapore going".

Scroobal, any thoughts?

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even today Lawrence put words in the mouth of the Auditor General who is answerable to the President.

You may not know the procedures that cabinet ministars have to adopt before they can speak and answer questions posed to them during Parliament.

Answers to questions asked before Parliament's sittings are prepared in advance and there's a final vetting by your Prime Ministar.

Even though Lawless Wrong might be seen as putting words in the mouth of the Auditor-General, he was doing so with the consent of your Chief Natural Aristocrat.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
And a third post now:

"Yes, the current government is distinctly different from the government when LKY was PM and subsequently SM. One wise and observant journalist has written that the current government is less frank and upfront with Singaporeans. Let me remind everyone, the current government was voted in by Singaporeans. If it does not act for the welfare of Singaporeans, it can be voted out."

A student from either Eunoia JC, Millennium Institute or Republic Polytechnic can write better than this fake President's Scholar.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
A student from either Eunoia JC, Millennium Institute or Republic Polytechnic can write better than this fake President's Scholar.

Well , she is a real President Scholar. So we should be even more concerned ? But I don't care really , she is making the right points even if she lacks eloquence. She is comparing her brother and the Ho to LKY and her mother , and she is appalled.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
More fb post from her. She is starting to sound more and more like an oppie. Some PAP IBs have began to question her, accusing her of being angsty and naive. If LWL continue, I am pretty sure the PAP IBs won't hesitate to insult her.

More on what she wrote

Some netizens asked who was this wise and observant journalist. LWL did not wish to reveal as she feared that this particular journalist might get into trouble with the PAP. Apparently, this journalist has helped work on one of LKY's books which was "Hard truth to keep Singapore going".

Scroobal, any thoughts?

She is referring to Cheong.

ie Cheong Yip Seng, the former editor-in-chief of the The Straits Times

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An hour later she has apologised after receiving "clarification" received from Shanmugam.

You mean from the darkness", she saw the "light"...why complain....the people in "darkest" (70%) does not want to see the "light"..let them die..don't fight for them...why panic?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr. Shanmugam has informed me that even after the new law has been passed, it is not illegal to criticize a judgement or the AGC after the judgement has been delivered.

The minister's interpretation may not hold any force after the bill is passed. The court could interprete it anyway it wants. Why can't it be spelt out in the bill?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The minister's interpretation may not hold any force after the bill is passed. The court could interprete it anyway it wants. Why can't it be spelt out in the bill?

Anything law, bill etc...they passes, is to shackle the people of Singapore & to protect & entrench their hold onto power....we should not split hairs over the bill after all the 70% don't even bother..like mee siam main hum once remarked " nobody demonstrated outside the CPF Building"...should you bother?..I don't.