• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious The state of Texas supported Schooling more then S'pore, that is why he has his tatt

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If you look closely at Joseph Schooling's left shoulder blade, he has a tattoo of the University of Texas Longhorn emblem on it. Its not a tattoo of the ACS primary school badge, nor is a tattoo of the flag of singapore, nor gasp.........is it a tattoo of the PAP strike lightning logo. What does that tell you about his frame of mind? what does that tell you about where his allegiance and loyalty lie.

the facts are that the University of texas at Austin gave him a scholarship worth about USD$46,000 per year, plus free coaching, and access to facilities and sports professionals. This is almost $200K over a 4 year period. The University of Texas is a state university funded by the people and state of Texas. that's right. think about it for a moment. The people of texas provided our citizen with financial and coaching support when the govt of Singapore wanted to stop him from training and enter NS to do his BS obligations. It even took a letter written by Gregg Troy, the UT coach to try and persuade MINDEF to give him a deferment. Think how closely the country would have lost the gold had some bigger power tripping asshole at MINDEF decided to tekan him and refused his deferment.

Did he get any support from the SIngapore sports council? Of course not. Why should they support him? After all, they are made up of retired ex scholar generals and colonels. the last thing they want to do is to allow someone to siam NS even if its temporary. I think its totally embarrassing that if the schooling family had not put up a bigger fight, their son would be in Tekong now instead of Rio. People need to remind the PAP of this fact.

21113800eb86fb19780f6a7067003cdb.jpg

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: The state of Texas supported Schooling more then S'pore, that is why he has his t

If you look closely at Joseph Schooling's left shoulder blade, he has a tattoo of the University of Texas Longhorn emblem on it. Its not a tattoo of the ACS primary school badge, nor is a tattoo of the flag of singapore, nor gasp.........is it a tattoo of the PAP strike lightning logo. What does that tell you about his frame of mind? what does that tell you about where his allegiance and loyalty lie.

the facts are that the University of texas at Austin gave him a scholarship worth about USD$46,000 per year, plus free coaching, and access to facilities and sports professionals. This is almost $200K over a 4 year period. The University of Texas is a state university funded by the people and state of Texas. that's right. think about it for a moment. The people of texas provided our citizen with financial and coaching support when the govt of Singapore wanted to stop him from training and enter NS to do his BS obligations. It even took a letter written by Gregg Troy, the UT coach to try and persuade MINDEF to give him a deferment. Think how closely the country would have lost the gold had some bigger power tripping asshole at MINDEF decided to tekan him and refused his deferment.

Did he get any support from the SIngapore sports council? Of course not. Why should they support him? After all, they are made up of retired ex scholar generals and colonels. the last thing they want to do is to allow someone to siam NS even if its temporary. I think its totally embarrassing that if the schooling family had not put up a bigger fight, their son would be in Tekong now instead of Rio. People need to remind the PAP of this fact.

Well, this is one significant example, why Singaporeans should consider using their votes to reject a government which do not protect the jobs for Singaporeans, which financially support foreign talents (whether or not they became naturalized Singaporeans, who may or have renounce Singapore citizenship after several years), offer scholarships to foreigners, allow too many foreigners a place at the several local universities (even at medical school, which resulted in many Singaporeans spending a very significant amount of money to attend medical school overseas).

Enough is enough of the government financially supporting foreigners and foreign students.
It is now or never to give all the necessary priority and protection to Singapore citizens.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The state of Texas supported Schooling more then S'pore, that is why he has his t

Well, this is one significant example, why Singaporeans should consider using their votes to reject a government which do not protect the jobs for Singaporeans, which financially support foreign talents (whether or not they became naturalized Singaporeans, who may or have renounce Singapore citizenship after several years), offer scholarships to foreigners, allow too many foreigners a place at the several local universities (even at medical school, which resulted in many Singaporeans spending a very significant amount of money to attend medical school overseas).

Enough is enough of the government financially supporting foreigners and foreign students.
It is now or never to give all the necessary priority and protection to Singapore citizens.

Until the 69.9% realise what the pap has done against Singaporeans, Singapore will have to continue to rely on Singaporeans like the Schoolings to bring honour and success to Singapore

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ok mah Texas give Sg FT free scholarship.....
Pap gives whole world FTs free scholarships.....pay it forward.
Pap likes to give out free citizenship too like toilet paper......
Maybe Texas will adopt our Olympic hero too....

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal

...was curious of those $228 millions bond breakers....why no mention of how many local or foreigner...the % .
If it is foreigners ...I guess we can kiss the $$ goodbye...in my opinion. yes I'm a tax payer too..

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

...was curious of those $228 millions bond breakers....why no mention of how many local or foreigner...the % .
If it is foreigners ...I guess we can kiss the $$ goodbye...in my opinion. yes I'm a tax payer too..

Not likely to be Sinkie bond breaker. Where can one hide? Pigeon hole is not big enough and there's now CCTV everywhere once they come out of the hole, or once start work with a cpf account, no sweat to arrest them.

Of course and unless they live the entire live like MSK, then poodles cannot find them la.

FTs are smart enough to quickly run back to their country which any one of them is much much bigger than the little red dot. How to find them?

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

I hold nothing against Sinkies bond breakers, i salute em for hving the guts to go agaist the regime. These Sporean are the cream of Spore, surely they are no fools if they intent to spent the rest of their lives oversea by choice. Bet you, if any of us were in their shoes we too wud fuck off frm tis Shit hole managed and ruled by the Familee regime.

PinkaChung

Alfrescian
Loyal

This gold medal is given to SG by USA.

Its all a conspiracy!! If not how did Tony Tan knows he will win and fly all the way to Rio t support him.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Think how closely the country would have lost the gold had some bigger power tripping asshole at MINDEF decided to tekan him and refused his deferment. ... People need to remind the PAP of this fact.

What's wrong with interning him for national slavery? Why should he get preferential treatment while the rest of us slog inside that shithole SAF? What's wrong without that fricking gold medal? As if PAP would become better for all of us with it. As if the daft & humji 70% would wake up with it.

Don't be silly. There's nothing in it for the rest of us except PAP, their dogs and the Schoolings. I have no pride for this gold medal. Count it into the USA's tally.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

was this Texas university also built by opium money at the expense of Chinese addict in China and Singapore?

He was not alone. Many of the wealthy New England families built their fortunes on slave and opium trading. In fact, most of the American Ivy League universities were funded to a great degree when dirty money from the slave and opium trade was washed and then use to build new reputations for these families.

For example, John Cleve Green donated much of his opium profits to Princeton University, Abiel Abbott Low used his opium fortune to finance the construction of Colombia University, John Murray Forbes financed the Bell Telephone Company, Joseph Coolidge’s son organized the United Fruit Company and his grandson was the founding executive officer of the Anglo-American Council on Foreign Relations. This is just the tip of the iceberg in showing how many among the power elite made their fortunes with the China opium trade

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2012/09...f-conflict-anglo-american-and-chinesehistory/

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its all a conspiracy!! If not how did Tony Tan knows he will win and fly all the way to Rio t support him.

Yes. I agree

Well, US also spent a lot money in grooming FT wow.
Now the FT beat their kaki Lang. But they not Kpkb.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lee Bee Wah need to be award Order of Temasek for her credit in granting Joe Schooling NS deferment , thus GoldMedal sgould belong to her, the attention seeking whore.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So if adidas or nike sponsored him,hes supposed to tattoo the logo of nike or adidas on his forehead.this crap has been repeated ad nauseam,who gives a fuck?can we move on already.the fact that he didnt get sponsored by nike or adidas or any other name brands shows that nobody gives a fuck about that sports even though I like swimming,he had to get a scholarship from a freaking university in the redneck city of texas.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal

So if adidas or nike sponsored him,hes supposed to tattoo the logo of nike or adidas on his forehead.this crap has been repeated ad nauseam,who gives a fuck.can we move on already.the fact that he didnt get sponsored by nike or adidas or any other name brands shows that nobody gives a fuck about that sports even though I like swimming,he had to get a scholarship from a freaking university in the redneck city of texas.

Well problem is you got talent in Swimming?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What's wrong with interning him for national slavery? Why should he get preferential treatment while the rest of us slog inside that shithole SAF? What's wrong without that fricking gold medal? As if PAP would become better for all of us with it. As if the daft & humji 70% would wake up with it.

Don't be silly. There's nothing in it for the rest of us except PAP, their dogs and the Schoolings. I have no pride for this gold medal. Count it into the USA's tally.

agreed,schooling's success has absolutely nothing to do with us,all these sinkies slobbering and humping his legs,right down to the highest levels of delusion,some of them are having delusional fantasies imagining themselves going thru every trial and tribulations in schooling's shoes as though they are in a rocky movie or being john malkovich movie.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Phelps helped.

Who’s your hero? In 2008, 13 year old Joseph Schooling got to meet his hero, Michael Phelps, when the Olympian visited Singapore prior to the Beijing Olympics. Today, 8 years later, Joseph just made history by beating Michael to Gold in the 100m Butterfly finals - the first Singaporean to ever make (let alone win) an Olympic swimming final.

After meeting his hero as a young teenager, Joseph said “Michael Phelps may be my idol, but I just want to make my own career.”

He then became fully committed to his swimming and, 3 years later in 2011 Joseph beat Michael’s age-group (15-16 years) time over the 100 yards butterfly. At the time, Joseph said, "It's been a target of mine and I'm really happy to do that. It is a huge boost… Hopefully, I can get more of his records."

In 2012, at 17, he finally got his dream of swimming in the same race as Michael, saying it was "a tick off on my bucket list.”

That was the year Joseph first qualified for the Olympics in London, but then disaster struck when he was told his goggles weren’t olympic standard just before the race. He rushed to get replacements, but ended up getting a poor time in his heats and didn’t get through to the semi-finals. It was Michael who was there to comfort him:

"I was walking behind Phelps after my race when he looked at me and asked, 'what's wrong?'

"I told him what happened and he hugged me and said, 'you're only so young, you still have a long way to go. It's a learning experience so keep your head high and just keep moving on'."

Again, it was his hero who motivated Joseph on, and he thought: "I know that as I get older, I'll become stronger, and I'll fare better beside him.”

Today, Joseph not only became stronger, but strong enough to win gold in Rio, clocking a new Olympic record time in the 100m Butterly in 50.39 seconds.

Michael, who has already won 4 Gold Medals in Rio, ended up in a 3-way dead heat for Silver with South Africa's Chad le Clos and Laszlo Cseh of Hungary, three quarters of a second behind Joseph. After Joseph’s win, Michael was the first to swim over and congratulate him.

Who is your hero? Who inspires you so much that you’re committed to do them the honor of committing to be even better than they are? And then achieve it?

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants." ~ Isaac Newton

A big congratulations to Joseph Schooling on the Gold. And to Michael Phelps for the inspiration.

(More on Michael Phelp's extraordinary climb to the Rio Games here http://bit.Iy/from-rock-bottom)

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He has accomplished a feat that even Lee Cons You could not engineered despite spending hundreds of million. In 50 years of nationhood, no sinkee could do it. It was the family of Schoolings that achieved history.

For that achievement, his reward should be extraordinary. He is willing to serve NS. Make him a colonel after OCS (that's if they don't kill him in their exercise using smoke grenades). None of our scholars (overpaid and costing taxpayers tens of millions) have achieved anything significant to make this country better. Schoolings has!

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

was this Texas university also built by opium money at the expense of Chinese addict in China and Singapore?

:oIo: :kma:

Opium your head arh. It is a state funded university. Built on OIL. Contrast the below extract with PAP disencouraging Sinkies from going to universities.

Upon Texas's independence, the Congress of the Republic of Texas adopted the Constitution of the Republic, which made its own provision to establish a system of public education in Texas. President Mirabeau B. Lamar's first speech to the Texas Congress iterated the need for education in a democracy; two weeks later, Ezekiel Cullen presented a report to the committee on education that contained a bill providing that twenty leagues of land be set aside for the support of a university. By the time Cullen's bill became a law on January 26, 1839, Congress had agreed to set aside fifty leagues of land. In addition, 40 acres (160,000 m2) in the new capital of Austin were reserved and designated "College Hill." Congress failed to act any further until 1858, when lawmakers set out in the Act of 1858 $100,000 in United States bonds left from the Compromise of 1850 to put towards the university. In addition, the legislature designated land reserved for the encouragement of railroad construction toward the universities' fifty leagues. However, Texas's secession from the Union and the outbreak of the American Civil War prevented Congress from carrying out these plans.

After the war, the Constitution of 1876 mandated that the state establish the university "at an early day." The Constitution of 1876 also called for the creation of a "university of the first class."[1] Thus, they created The University of Texas. It revoked the endowment of the railroad lands of the Act of 1858, but appropriated one million acres (4000 km²) in West Texas. In 1883, another two million acres (8,000 km²) was granted, with income from the sale of or grazing rights to the land going to The University of Texas. When mandating the creation of The University of Texas, the Texas Constitution had stated that it would "(include) an Agricultural, and Mechanical department."also pharmaceutical & engineering later on. The passing of the Morrill Act in 1862 had facilitated the construction of an "agriculture and mechanical department of the university, which would become Texas A&M, established in 1876.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_University_of_Texas_at_Austin

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

agreed,schooling's success has absolutely nothing to do with us,all these sinkies slobbering and humping his legs,right down to the highest levels of delusion,some of them are having delusional fantasies imagining themselves going thru every trial and tribulations in schooling's shoes as though they are in a rocky movie or being john malkovich movie.

watch too much korean drama :biggrin: