• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat PAP MP claims credit for Schooling's Gold

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.facebook.com/leebeewahpage/Lee Bee Wah added 2 new photos — with Horace Williams.
11 hrs ·
Congrats Joseph Isaac Schooling! Everyone in Singapore is so excited and proud right now! I watched it at Singapore Swimming Association and everyone is cheering like crazy!
I'm glad I asked MINDEF to let elite male athletes defer their NS. Both you and Quah Zheng Wen have used the deferment wisely and done us proud.
Team Singapore ‪#‎oneteamsg‬ ‪#‎Rio2016‬

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
https://www.facebook.com/leebeewahpage/Lee Bee Wah added 2 new photos — with Horace Williams.
11 hrs ·
Congrats Joseph Isaac Schooling! Everyone in Singapore is so excited and proud right now! I watched it at Singapore Swimming Association and everyone is cheering like crazy!
I'm glad I asked MINDEF to let elite male athletes defer their NS. Both you and Quah Zheng Wen have used the deferment wisely and done us proud.

The Chinese say "ma hou pao" - cannon before horse. How shameless. All along not a single pipsqueak from her regarding NS deferment or in fact on any issue facing local as opposed to China athletes - and the moment one of our very own born & bred boys takes home the trophy, she opens her mouth. I wonder how 70% continue to vote for this shit.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
11 hrs ·

Ah but if you constituent wants deferment for studies will you support him Lee BW? Bet you wont. You proud of Schooling for FUCK?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
11 hrs ·
Some people got their son deferred NS for 14 years and wanted to steal credit by wearing Joseph's gold medal. You go figure.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
11 hrs ·

This is the jamban bitch Lee Bee Wah who championed bringing in PRC sports mercenaries.

The skin on her fucking face must be 3 inch thick to claim that she has played a part for Joe's NS deferment .

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the jamban bitch Lee Bee Wah who championed bringing in PRC sports mercenaries.

The skin on her fucking face must be 3 inch thick to claim that she has played a part for Joe's NS deferment .

The Schooling's shld give her the midde finger.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
11 hrs ·

"Used the deferment wisely" - what an idiot! How else could they have used it?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She deserves to be voodoolized. Stick lots of needles into her.

Or use the hong kong approach ...whack her paper figure with a slipper while cursing her.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
@ scroobal

Joseph Schooling's Olympic gold win contradicts PAP's policy of having foreigners win medals for Sinkieland.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No worries. MINDEF will issue official statement to collaborate shameless mp's fairy tale.
There's a lot of political mileage to be milked from first ever historic Olympic gold medal.
Expect more shameless miws to jump on the bandwagon in the coming days.....weeks....months

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
@ scroobal

Joseph Schooling's Olympic gold win contradicts PAP's policy of having foreigners win medals for Sinkieland.

it also contradicts scroobal's shaming of schooling in 2014 for receiving favor from the pap gov for ns deferment due to connections with an elite uncle. it's all recorded in a thread dedicated to his character assassination and shaming.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.todayonline.com/sports/d...-foreign-talent-issue-dogs-lee-bee-wahDespite string of successes, foreign talent issue dogs Lee Bee Wah

Nee Soon GRC MP reduced to tears after announcing that she will not be contesting the STTA presidency next month

BY
LOW LIN FHOONG
[email protected]ISHED: 4:04 AM, AUGUST 16, 2014(PAGE 1 OF 2) - NEXT PAGE | SINGLE PAGE
SINGAPORE — Under her six-year tenure as president of the Singapore Table Tennis Association (STTA), the sport reached new heights, such as winning Olympic medals for the women’s team in Beijing and London and racking up more than S$10 million in sponsorship dollars. But Ms Lee Bee Wah, who announced yesterday that she would not be standing for re-election next month, continues to be dogged by the issue of foreign talent in sports.

While the recently-concluded Commonwealth Games saw the national paddlers winning six out of seven gold medals available at Glasgow 2014, a number of Singaporean fans took to social media to complain about the number of foreign-born players in the 10-member team, which included two Singapore-born paddlers Clarence Chew and Isabelle Li.

The same issue has flared up several times in the past six years, particularly when the trio of Feng Tianwei, Li Jiawei and Wang Yuegu won a historic gold at the World Championships four years ago. Yesterday, Ms Lee pointed out that the STTA has been working hard to develop young, local talent. For example, the STTA introduced a STTA-PAP Community Foundation programme for kindergarten children. It has also set up zone training centres for paddlers aged five to 11 and a School-Within-A-School programme at the Singapore Sports School to groom future national players. “If you look at the pipeline that we put in place over the past six years, you can assess which NSA (national sports association) has done more and then, you can come to a conclusion,” said Ms Lee, who is also Nee Soon GRC Member of Parliament (MP).

“Whatever we do, we will not be able to please everyone,” she added.

For the Commonwealth Games women’s team final, where Singapore played against Malaysia, Ms Lee had suggested that the coach field Ms Isabelle Li for two singles matches.

“But (the coach) said Isabelle wasn’t ready. If we had fielded her and lost the gold medal, do you think no one will criticise us?” Ms Lee said.

The goal, she said, was to close the gap between the local and foreign-born players. “The German World Cup team’s youth programme started 20 years ago and if we continue with this pipeline, I am certain we will see the results in 20 years,” she added.

Her six-year term was not without controversy. She kicked it off with a firestorm after the Beijing Olympics in 2008 when she threatened to take action against coach Liu Guodong and team manager Antony Lee for an incident that saw Gao Ning playing his match without a coach on the sidelines. She was also involved in a disagreement with the Singapore National Olympic Council (SNOC) ahead of the 2011 Jakarta SEA Games after the decision to field more local players saw national selectors choosing to omit the men’s and women’s teams from the initial contingent.

The STTA is expected to unveil candidates on Aug 25 for the election, which will take place at its biennial general meeting on Sept 6, with Sembawang GRC MP Ellen Lee and Chua Chu Kang GRC MP Alex Yam tipped to challenge for the posts of president and deputy president, respectively.

Known for her grit, Ms Lee was visibly emotional at yesterday’s press conference. She broke down in tears after fielding questions from the media. But the Nee Soon GRC MP said it was time to let go

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some people got their son deferred NS for 14 years and wanted to steal credit by wearing Joseph's gold medal. You go figure.

KFC will tell you his son also wanted a purple heart all his life dodging NS instead of bullets. just like Donald trump

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
11 hrs ·

You took too much credit. It was one-third Tony Tan being there to "support" that gave him the medal! It was also Tony Tan's son that taught him about deferring NS. :biggrin: BTW Tony will still be there enjoying five days holiday at our expense too.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The son took 12 years, came back, did not even serve one day in uniform or even in any army camp or office but in a lab. And the cheek of the father to turn up in Rio.

You took too much credit. It was one-third Tony Tan being there to "support" that gave him the medal! It was also Tony Tan's son that taught him about deferring NS. :biggrin: BTW Tony will still be there enjoying five days holiday at our expense too.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://theindependent.sg/mp-lee-bee-wah-claiming-credits-for-joseph-schoolings-ns-deferment/MP Lee Bee Wah claiming credits for Joseph Schooling’s NS deferment?
By The Independent - August 14, 2016 0 5250

By: Richard Wan

Just read the posting from Lee Bee Wah. She gave the impression that she was the one who got the NS deferment for Joseph Schooling. This is not true.

There was his mother and a whole bunch of international coaches and swimming experts giving expert testimonies why Joseph’s deferment is needed in order for him to be trained and win medals at the Olympics (http://bit.Iy/2aT9Qzh).

But the real clincher, according to May, was the assistance that poured in from all corners of the globe.

“Top authorities in the world came in to help us and supply us with all the information we needed,” she said.

“For example, Gregg Troy, the men’s head coach at USA swimming then, and Bill Sweetenham, who was an advisor to the Singapore Sports Council, all wrote letters supporting Joseph.”

“They’re the ones who can see talent, and they say he will be world-class,” she added.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.facebook.com/mrbrownlah/mrbrown

Mr Brown
5 hrs ·
Lee Bee Wah, please share with us a detailed breakdown of how you secured NS deferment for Joseph Schooling and Quah Zheng Wen, since you seem very convinced about your monumental contribution.
Because my understanding is that their parents negotiated with Mindef at a personal level.
But hey, you seem to be claiming credit too, so we would love to hear how much you did for them

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
11 hrs ·
I'm glad I asked MINDEF to let elite male athletes defer their NS.

Congratulate the swimmer first, than self-credit for the swimmer's achievement. PAP thick-skinned stunt of ruling this country, is best summed up by LBH's thick-skinned statement.