• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Some Facts about Joseph Schooling, you decide for yourself

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Learned from my SICC golf khakis that Colin who is also a SICC member sold his landed property to finance Joseph's
Olympics ambition, and thereafter he and his family downgraded to reside in a HDB flat in Marine Parade.

Colin Sir, I salute you and May your missus.

Really they believed and they sacrificed.
The glory is all theirs.
Vile pappies got no right to hijack it.
Kudos to those who still dared to dream

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really they believed and they sacrificed.
The glory is all theirs.
Vile pappies got no right to hijack it.
Kudos to those who still dared to dream

Actually they didn't support many locals lah, not just him. Like my friend also sold her car and scrimped and saved plus some grandparent inheritance to be able to send her daughter to UK to study medicine. Half a million she said.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually they didn't support many locals lah, not just him. Like my friend also sold her car and scrimped and saved plus some grandparent inheritance to be able to send her daughter to UK to study medicine. Half a million she said.
Then you hear about the free scholarships they give out the the tiongs and nehs.
This pap govt is a traitor govt

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then you hear about the free scholarships they give out the the tiongs and nehs.

Yes. Better to be B grade scholar poor peasants from China India and Malaysia than local poor peasants who have to be AAAA grade to get similar scholarship. My friend who is my ex colleague is considered rich already as she grew up in a landed property. Those less well off how to send their children to study medicine?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I can understand if a government provides 2 to 6 scholarships to each friendly neighbouring country, because in the past, other countries have provided scholarships to Singaporeans. But it would be preferable for the Singapore government to channel a significant amount of the scholarship funds currently provided to foreigners, and reserve more university places for Singaporeans.

With respect, it is unconscionable for any government to allow so many foreign students to be at our local Singapore universities, and displacing many Singaporeans who have to spend a huge amount of money to study overseas.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Learned from my SICC golf khakis that Colin who is also a SICC member sold his landed property to finance Joseph's
Olympics ambition, and thereafter he and his family downgraded to reside in a HDB flat in Marine Parade.

Colin Sir, I salute you and May your missus.

That being the case, the buyer of the property must take some credit too. If not for him buying the property, Colin won't have the $ to see to the needs of Joseph.

The buyer's bank must also get some credit. If they chose to reject buyer's loan request, Joseph won't be in the US.

This whole episode is comical indeed. But I love what LBW said!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can understand if a government provides 2 to 6 scholarships to each friendly neighbouring country, because in the past, other countries have provided scholarships to Singaporeans. But it would be preferable for the Singapore government to channel a significant amount of the scholarship funds currently provided to foreigners, and reserve more university places for Singaporeans.

With respect, it is unconscionable for any government to allow so many foreign students to be at our local Singapore universities, and displacing many Singaporeans who have to spend a huge amount of money to study overseas.

sinkie parents rich mah. even though my nephews, nieces and their peers can easily enroll and qualify for universities and or polys in sg, they would rather ask parents to sponsor them for overseas tertiary education. and guess what? their parents dotingly and easily oblige. out of so many, i only have 3 nephews and 1 niece who studied locally. they get their reasonably well paying jobs upon graduation as i advised them to do engineering and bio science. i hosted 2 who have 1-year assignment/internship. others who studied in the u.k. and australia did not heed my advice to do the ntu or at least poly route in comp science and engineering so they could thrive in the u.s. instead they go into useless boliao majors such as psychology, business admin, humanities. this u.k./aussie cohort are now all either part-timers or jobless, stay at home shake leg, ask for handouts from parents. totally wasting their parents' money. the ones who further their studies in the u.s. from the ntu/poly route have great careers now and ahead. don't know why so many sinkie kids continue to believe in the u.k./aussie route. that route is kaput and useless. go where the top nehs go. they truly know when and where to sniff out the best opportunities for themselves and their children.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Centre-half.

Wilfred never mentioned much of his hockey career before he left for canada, although I knew he played hockey. It was always football. Even when I visited him in Vancouver, he reminisce about his football days representing singapore. Very sad that a true son of Singapore has to leave for canada because of the shit here.

There are some similarities between Wilfred and Schooling. Both eurasians and very atheletic. Hope Schooling does not take the same route as WIlfred and leave for another country.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

You raise an interesting point and there is a corollary to this too. Not only are the PAP giving free scholarships to shit useless FTs, they themselves take it too. Lets face it, does Lee Hsien Loong and Li Hongyi, both from the richest family in singapore really need a scholarship to study overseas? How many MIW and their cronies from rich families took scholarships from the govt? Lets face it, scholarships are not unlimited resources. they only give out a restricted number every year. So when one of these already rich fucks take one up, there is one less for a really needy student. There is no means test for scholarships like in many countries.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Narong, when the original seed is rotten, then the whole tree is rotten too. Old Fart thought nothing of selling out his country by working for the Japs during the war. the same japs that killed over 100,000 singaporeans in the sook ching massacres. He had no qualms about recruiting other war criminals like Prata into his govt. In Norway and France and other countries, they would have hanged these 2 assholes after the war. Now, the son is carrying on this same tradition of treachery to their countrymen. The father who has no conscience cannot teach the son to have one.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wilfred never mentioned much of his hockey career before he left for canada, although I knew he played hockey. It was always football. Even when I visited him in Vancouver, he reminisce about his football days representing singapore. Very sad that a true son of Singapore has to leave for canada because of the shit here.

There are some similarities between Wilfred and Schooling. Both eurasians and very atheletic. Hope Schooling does not take the same route as WIlfred and leave for another country.

I hope schooling will leave sinkieland. What is the fucking point of producing the next generation in Sinkieland.. The whole sinkie system is not condusive to having achieving success potential as a normal citizen.. USA is so much better.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Exactly. Schooling succeeded in spite of the system, not because of it. All credit goes to his parents, club, coaches and the University of Texas.

Imagine, the fucking govt didn't even want to telecast the Olympics live. Singaporeans would have missed watching this historic moment in real time. And Tancho Tan had the cheek to take a plane to Rio only when Schooling entered the the 100m fly final just so that he could wear Schooling's medal round his neck and grab some glory!

The people of Texas had much more to do with Schooling's success then the PAP and sinkies. After all, they paid for his scholarship to Uof T, which is a public univerisity paid by state funds.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Narong, when the original seed is rotten, then the whole tree is rotten too. Old Fart thought nothing of selling out his country by working for the Japs during the war. the same japs that killed over 100,000 singaporeans in the sook ching massacres. He had no qualms about recruiting other war criminals like Prata into his govt. In Norway and France and other countries, they would have hanged these 2 assholes after the war. Now, the son is carrying on this same tradition of treachery to their countrymen. The father who has no conscience cannot teach the son to have one.

Then go on a massive Street protest and throw out the PAP govt.. If the sinkies are too ball-less to do that and too stupid to understand their current fucked up sinkie situation .. Then schooling should leave. No point for another generation of schooling to go through such sinkie shit.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Back then the govt gives out scholarships to our 'poorer' neighbors as form of goodwill / help. I believe there were no other agendas and locals were also not impacted as the scholarships were just a handful and under a different program.
And our neighbors have since become not so poor anymore....
Vile pappies then started giving out to the tiongs and nehs and all sundry with the agenda these foreigners will come work and settle down in Sg. Quotas for scholarships to locals shrank too when priority were given to foreigners.
This is a traitor govt.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You raise an interesting point and there is a corollary to this too. Not only are the PAP giving free scholarships to shit useless FTs, they themselves take it too. Lets face it, does Lee Hsien Loong and Li Hongyi, both from the richest family in singapore really need a scholarship to study overseas? How many MIW and their cronies from rich families took scholarships from the govt? Lets face it, scholarships are not unlimited resources. they only give out a restricted number every year. So when one of these already rich fucks take one up, there is one less for a really needy student. There is no means test for scholarships like in many countries.

I recall reading a report of someone turning down scholarships in the past because her daddy felt he could afford the fees.

More importantly, he felt that there were many others who deserve the scholarship more, given the $$$ problems in their families.

I am quite sure it was father of He Ting Ru.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Schooling and his family has done enough for the country.
He should not feel obliged to stay in Sg.
He should go Anywhere he wants to and be happy.
Although I'll prefer he stay but If he chooses to leave its a big slap on pappies fuckfaces. I like

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There are more $1 million dollar AStar scholarships given out to foreigners than sinkees. Those scholarships fund tertiary studies from undergraduate to Post Doc in any top universities. Two requirements from the foreigners ....become naturalized sinkee after first degree and serve a bond of 5 years. Sweet heart deal for foreigners.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkie parents rich mah. even though my nephews, nieces and their peers can easily enroll and qualify for universities and or polys in sg, they would rather ask parents to sponsor them for overseas tertiary education. and guess what? their parents dotingly and easily oblige. out of so many, i only have 3 nephews and 1 niece who studied locally. they get their reasonably well paying jobs upon graduation as i advised them to do engineering and bio science. i hosted 2 who have 1-year assignment/internship. others who studied in the u.k. and australia did not heed my advice to do the ntu or at least poly route in comp science and engineering so they could thrive in the u.s. instead they go into useless boliao majors such as psychology, business admin, humanities. this u.k./aussie cohort are now all either part-timers or jobless, stay at home shake leg, ask for handouts from parents. totally wasting their parents' money. the ones who further their studies in the u.s. from the ntu/poly route have great careers now and ahead. don't know why so many sinkie kids continue to believe in the u.k./aussie route. that route is kaput and useless. go where the top nehs go. they truly know when and where to sniff out the best opportunities for themselves and their children.

So, I study comp science or engineering, you will host me in US?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think PSC should look at their 'model' in awarding scholarship. There can be two types for each category - President, OMS etc.

One can be paid scholarship like we have all these years. The one the 3 kids of Harry enjoyed.

The other can be one in which the scholar 'title' is there but no $$$ needed as these scholars have rich parents who strongly believe that others be given a better chance with such a scheme.