• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Some Facts about Joseph Schooling, you decide for yourself

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Chinese & Japanese have.managed to win some Swimming Olympic medals, so race has nothing to do with it.

The fact that Sporeans have done badly in sports is the culture in Spore. Look at who are the millionaires & billionaires are, those in the PAP gov't & their cronies.

Athletes are treated poorly by the Spore gov't. Look at Tan Howe Lian the Olympic silver medalist. Look at other past Athletes e.g Heather Marican, Chee Swee Lee, ...they have left Spore to find a better life.

So I predict that it is only a matter of time before Schooling leaves Spore.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it has to be said that as a nation, a people, a country, a govt., and as individuals, we did almost nothing to help Schooling get to the gold medal. We did not finance him, did not support him, the PAP choose not to groom and encourage this guy. Very little of our money when to training him, and providing him the necessary support, compared to the millions we lavish on 3rd class atheletes from China and elsewhere. Not only did we not support him, we almost killed his career by making him do NS. When I say we, I mean the 70% of the morons that supported and elected the PAP. If his mother May did not fight MINDEF to get his deferment, he might still be in the SAF now doing NS. There was no mass petition from singaporeans calling for his deferment. there was no mass calling of the MPs to support him. There was no media support for him, and certainly no support from the Singapore National Olympics Committeefor his deferment. Instead, 2 angmos (one was his swim coach in U of T, Gregg Troy) and the other a technical director, Bill Swetenham of SSC, wrote in their support to ask for his deferment. Not one PAP asshole or Notable sinkie stood up for this boy.

But now that he won the Gold, everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon and be proud of him. I say that you don't have that right. Singaporeans have not earned the right to claim the limelight with him. Where were they went he needed them? Sinkies are really pathetic hypocrites. Although I am born and raised in singapore, I am ashamed of our treatment of this boy, and I certainly cannot rejoice without a hint of embarassment that we as a people almost kill this great moment.

Dumbfuck pap did it to Ang Peng Siong and god knows how many more sinkie males.
But they still didn't learn. While white horse like Patrick Tan goes Scot free.
Even no Ns charbor like the Malay rower also weren't nutured or supported.....
At the other end we got FTs like tao Li and ping pong B team who got millions in support.
Fuck the pap!
How about Fandi Ahmad? I think he was stifled by NS too

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The fucked up pap govt does not bother with our local athletes at all. Schooling is not the only example. All local sporting talent receive 0 or very close to zero funding.

And then they go out to buy medals by importing foreign athletes. What a fucked up govt.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The Chinese & Japanese have.managed to win some Swimming Olympic medals, so race has nothing to do with it.

The fact that Sporeans have done badly in sports is the culture in Spore. Look at who are the millionaires & billionaires are, those in the PAP gov't & their cronies.

Athletes are treated poorly by the Spore gov't. Look at Tan Howe Lian the Olympic silver medalist. Look at other past Athletes e.g Heather Marican, Chee Swee Lee, ...they have left Spore to find a better life.

So I predict that it is only a matter of time before Schooling leaves Spore.

Tan Howe Liang ended up cleaning gyms for SSC. he is a real national treasure and hero. Not the invented Badang idiot. But the govt just pissed on him.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

But now that he won the Gold, everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon and be proud of him. I say that you don't have that right. Singaporeans have not earned the right to claim the limelight with him. Where were they went he needed them? Sinkies are really pathetic hypocrites. Although I am born and raised in singapore, I am ashamed of our treatment of this boy, and I certainly cannot rejoice without a hint of embarassment that we as a people almost kill this great moment.

I defer with this statement, bro.

Being proud of someone's achievement is different from sharing (or stealing) his limelight. I am proud of a Sinkie achieving the pinnacle of his efforts, more so when the country instead of supporting a citizen, created barriers to trip him.

I will bet my last dollar that some people, upon his return to SG, will rent an open-top bus and drive him all over SG to create an opportunity to stand next to him to be photographed on that bus as if Schoolings success was a result of their support!

Anyone recall who was stealing the limelight on an open-top bus when the PRC-born table tennis team came back from last Olympic with a medal? That, imo, is stealing their thunder and is despicable even if they are supported by the tax payers.

I will stand by the road side and wave to him when he pass by. Though I did not contributed a single cent to his efforts as each of us went about our daily survival, I am proud of his achievement but being proud as a citizen and waving to him from roadside in no way am I even share his thunder.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Joseph Issac Schooling, born in SIngapore. Father is a 3rd generation singaporean of mixed English and Eurasian Portuguese heritage. Mother is a Malaysian Chinese who is a singapore PR. She has been living in singapore for decades but has not taken up Singapore citizenship.

Went to ACS Primary school. After PSLE, his swimming potential was identified by the parents, and they decided to send him to the Jacksonville, Florida to attend the Bolles School, which is a school specializing in training atheletes, in particular swimmers. Bolles has had a swimmer alumnus or student competing in every Olympic games since 1972. Their swimming program was set up by Gregg Troy who was the US Olympic Swim coach for the 2012 Olympic games. Imagine your secondary school swimming coach is a former Olympic swimmer and coached Michael Phelps in the 2012 Olympics!! What a powerhouse your school would be in the pool. because he is an international student, Bolles has a boarding program for its foreign students. The cost of one year of school fees and room and board is USD $47,000. Guess how much the PAP and SNOC contributed to this amount. Zero would be a fair guess.

After he graduated from Bolles, he was offered a swim scholarship at University of Texas, one of the top 5 swimming programs amongst US universities. The Head Coach for the U of T swimming program is Eddie Reese, former head coach of the US Olympics swim team in the 2004 and 2008 Olympics. If you know anything about the swim program, you know that nothing is left to chance. Professional full-time dieticians, sports psychologist, strenght and conditioning coaches, multi million weight rooms, etc are all part and parcel of what atheletes get when they go there. But even on a scholarship, its not cheap, with frequent travel to Singapore to compete in the SEA and Asian games and other social visits. Also, out of pocket costs and other costs in USD is also not cheap.

It was at this point when the big hooha between Schooling's mother MINDEF took place over his deferment. After a protracted and public fight, where she used the news media to put pressure on the PAP, you know who won the fight. Unfortunately, in earlier times, without the aid of modern day internet and social media, many other atheletes were lost to NS and a short sighted govt. policy. The race driver Andrew Tang is an example of a failed request for NS deferment. Ang Peng Siong in an earlier time was another case.

So to sum it up.................
The Schoolings and not the govt paid huge money to send Joseph to Bolles for his swim coaching and studies
The Schoolings and not the govt got the U of T scholarship for Joseph, even though it seems the PAP is giving full scholarships to every tom dick and harry FT
The PAP wanted to sabotage the whole thing by making him do NS at such a critical junction in his swim career, and it would have happened if not for his mother's intervention.

The other Republic swimmer Quah Zheng Wen was not so fortunate that his family can send him to Bolles and hence is stuck with no name national coach carlos lopez, a bronze medallist in the Olympics and with the pathetic facilities in singapore. If Quah had the same opportunities, maybe we have 2 medals or more.

U decide how much credit the PAP should get. Then see how many of these assholes jump on the bandwagon until it breaks.

I just seen a photo taken in Rio showing Schooling with KFC Tan. disGraceFu, Tan CJ and others........... the papigs are simply hypocrites to appear such as though they made it happen!!!!!!!!!! How absurd can these guys be?????

BTW if Quah had that kind of training Joseph had, would he also win Olympic medal???

Last edited:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, the downside of this victory is the shameless way some will exploit his success for their own advantage when they themselves contributed absolutely NOTHING!

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it has to be said that as a nation, a people, a country, a govt., and as individuals, we did almost nothing to help Schooling get to the gold medal. We did not finance him, did not support him, the PAP choose not to groom and encourage this guy. Very little of our money when to training him, and providing him the necessary support, compared to the millions we lavish on 3rd class atheletes from China and elsewhere. Not only did we not support him, we almost killed his career by making him do NS. When I say we, I mean the 70% of the morons that supported and elected the PAP. If his mother May did not fight MINDEF to get his deferment, he might still be in the SAF now doing NS. There was no mass petition from singaporeans calling for his deferment. there was no mass calling of the MPs to support him. There was no media support for him, and certainly no support from the Singapore National Olympics Committeefor his deferment. Instead, 2 angmos (one was his swim coach in U of T, Gregg Troy) and the other a technical director, Bill Swetenham of SSC, wrote in their support to ask for his deferment. Not one PAP asshole or Notable sinkie stood up for this boy.

papigs taste best toasted or BBQ........

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lee was right about eugenics. His family and cronies are prime examples for culling. Be warned, your food, water, economic stability, homeland security and all important security of public goods have all been compromised severely. It does not matter if the cesspool dies as they were never anything in evolution. Just do not join them.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just seen a photo taken in Rio showing Schooling with KFC Tan. disGraceFu, Tan CJ and others........... the papigs are simply hypocrites to appear such as though they made it happen!!!!!!!!!! How absurd can these guys be?????

BTW if Quah had that kind of training Joseph had, would he also win Olympic medal???

Didn't pinky Lee also caught a flight to rio for photo op?
Shameless bastards.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read in TODAY newspaper that Schooling's grand-uncle Lloyd Valberg, a former national high-jumper was Singapore’s first ever Olympian at the 1948 Games.

His father looks and sound more like malay than ang moh.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, the downside of this victory is the shameless way some will exploit his success for their own advantage when they themselves contributed absolutely NOTHING!

There is a difference with claiming contribution when one knows that they did not contribute but pretends and one that thought they had contributed and claims .

Ed Chigliak

Alfrescian
Loyal
None of you guys here just don’t get it, huh?

Just look at yourself. At every step of your bitching, moaning and thought process, it only leads to your standard blame session of PAP. An outsider looking in will immediately make sense and determine that the root cause of your all unhappiness, to everything in your miserable life is due to the evil PAP.

Stop for one second and think. Schooling is now ecstatic in his glory of attaining the Olympic gold medal. He trained hard for most part of his growing years (WITHOUT your help) and now is basking in his glory. He is a gold medalist now, and I bet there are sufficient chicks over there right now, queuing up, on their knees to take on one of the most important task i.e. blowing off a true Olympian sportsman.

Schooling (and his parents) made it because he did not have time to look back and harp on PAP for his hard yards.

If none of you want to be on your knees and take on that important task, I strong suggest the following:

1. Wipe the froth off your lips and monitor screen
2. Remove your hands from underneath your shorts and wash off that slimy mess that you exuded when became uncontrollably excited at the thought of putting complete blame on PAP for your miserable and non-existent life
3. Just be happy for Schooling. He would be grateful as he won his first gold for himself and represented his country

Schooling does not need to be reminded what a miserable lot of people you are.

EC