• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Some Facts about Joseph Schooling, you decide for yourself

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Schooling can only be a product of Singapore (& Malaysia): Malaysian Chinese mother, father of English and Kristang (Portuguese Eurasian) heritage. Father from RI, speaks Malay as 2nd language. Son went to ACS, took English as 1st language and struggled with Chinese as 2nd (like all ACSians).

Outside this region, you'd be hard pressed to find someone with such a racial mix. He has no 'ancestral land' he can reference or hark back to, unlike the sin-kek Chinese here, the Indians or the Malays.

So to all who say that Schooling is not true blue Singaporean by virtue of some ang mo blood flowing in him, I say: fuck you.

By the way, Colin Schooling speaks with a typical Katong Eurasian accent (also shared by the Peranakans), not your plummy BBC accent:

[video=youtube;4WrP090rLBk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WrP090rLBk[/video]

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
So to all who say that Schooling is not true blue Singaporean by virtue of some ang mo blood flowing in him, I say: fuck you.

He may be a "true blue" as defined by your standards but it is ang moh blood that accounts for his athletic prowess.

If he was 100% Southern Chinese peasant stock he would probably drown in the pool.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Schooling can only be a product of Singapore (& Malaysia): Malaysian Chinese mother, father of English and Kristang (Portuguese Eurasian) heritage. Father from RI, speaks Malay as 2nd language. Son went to ACS, took English as 1st language and struggled with Chinese as 2nd (like all ACSians).

Outside this region, you'd be hard pressed to find someone with such a racial mix. He has no 'ancestral land' he can reference or hark back to, unlike the sin-kek Chinese here, the Indians or the Malays.

By the way, Colin Schooling speaks with a typical Katong Eurasian accent (also shared by the Peranakans), not your plummy BBC accent:

Yes schooling's great grandmother is local and his grandfather was sinkie born.
How many of you can boast such pedigree?
I think half of the pap traitors in parliament also dun qualify

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He may be a "true blue" as defined by your standards but it is ang moh blood that accounts for his athletic prowess.

If he was 100% Southern Chinese peasant stock he would probably drown in the pool.

You're pathetic. Going by your theory, the Katong Eurasians should be dominating the pool here, but it's always been locals of 'southern Chinese peasant stock' winning honours for the nation at the SEA games and occasionally the Asian Games. The Eurasians here do well in hockey (Martens family), soccer (Wilfred Skinner), boxing (Nicky Sullivan) , etc. but somehow the 'ang mo' blood didn't help them float in the pool.

Sorry, but eugenics went the way of Galton, Darwin, Hitler and old fart. All six feet underground today.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Eugenics is a myth explain why no white man has won the 100 metre sprint since god knows when. :rolleyes:

Well once upon a time they said blacks couldn't play tennis because they lack supposedly lacked hand-eye coordination in racket games, and Arthur Ashe came along. Ditto for baseball, until Hank Aaron proved them wrong.

They said the same thing about blacks not being able to play golf because their jutting backsides interfered with their swing, and Tiger Woods made them eat their words.

They said the Chinese couldn't sprint, but Su Bingtian became the first Asian and non-black to clock the 100m under 10s. And Liu Xiang went on to break the world record in the 100 m hurdles, as well as win the Olympics and the World Championships.

I can go on, but do we really know anything about race and genes, and how they combine with nurture and the environment to produce champions. What we know is that time will eventually call out every single racial stereotype.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
All you're doing is pointing out the exceptions to the rule. This does not alter the rules.

Well once upon a time they said blacks couldn't play tennis because they lack supposedly lacked hand-eye coordination in racket games, and Arthur Ashe came along. Ditto for baseball, until Hank Aaron proved them wrong.

They said the same thing about blacks not being able to play golf because their jutting backsides interfered with their swing, and Tiger Woods made them eat their words.

They said the Chinese couldn't sprint, but Su Bingtian became the first Asian and non-black to clock the 100m under 10s. And Liu Xiang went on to break the world record in the 100 m hurdles, as well as win the Olympics and the World Championships.

I can go on, but do we really know anything about race and genes, and how they combine with nurture and the environment to produce champions. What we know is that time will eventually call out every single racial stereotype.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

No one is saying that the schoolings are not true blood sinkies. They are. We are saying that the govt and the PAP had next to nothing to do with his achieving the gold medal.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You're pathetic. Going by your theory, the Katong Eurasians should be dominating the pool here, but it's always been locals of 'southern Chinese peasant stock' winning honours for the nation at the SEA games and occasionally the Asian Games. The Eurasians here do well in hockey (Martens family), soccer (Wilfred Skinner), boxing (Nicky Sullivan) , etc. but somehow the 'ang mo' blood didn't help them float in the pool.

Sorry, but eugenics went the way of Galton, Darwin, Hitler and old fart. All six feet underground today.

Wilfred also played Hockey if i recall correctly.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

he has Ipoh blood in him.......... his maternal ancestors did a lot of swimming the the tin mines there...................

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one is saying that the schoolings are not true blood sinkies. They are. We are saying that the govt and the PAP had next to nothing to do with his achieving the gold medal.

It's in the DNA of the PAP to steal the limelight and credit from others since Old fart time.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Exactly. Schooling succeeded in spite of the system, not because of it. All credit goes to his parents, club, coaches and the University of Texas.

Imagine, the fucking govt didn't even want to telecast the Olympics live. Singaporeans would have missed watching this historic moment in real time. And Tancho Tan had the cheek to take a plane to Rio only when Schooling entered the the 100m fly final just so that he could wear Schooling's medal round his neck and grab some glory!

ChineseDog

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good job my fellow honorary Chinese dog. We chinks have peasant stock and can drown in the swimming pools!

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Learned from my SICC golf khakis that Colin who is also a SICC member sold his landed property to finance Joseph's
Olympics ambition, and thereafter he and his family downgraded to reside in a HDB flat in Marine Parade.

Colin Sir, I salute you and May your missus.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
His mother is 100% Malaysian. If his mum was Singaporean he would not have won a damned thing because sinkie women are the worst.

maybe that's why he kept going across the causeway to compete as a perak schoolboy

http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/other-sport/2006/04/30/perak-schoolboy-schooling-betters-another-three-meet-records/

SEREMBAN: The youngest swimmers provided the highlights in the Milo-Pram National Junior Age-Group Aquatics Championship at Paroi Swimming Complex yesterday.

Seven meet records fell, five of them in Group 4 (for swimmers aged 10 and below).

Perak schoolboy Joseph Schooling smashed meet records en route to winning the 50m butterfly and 100m backstroke in the Group 4 category, taking his tally to four.

Schooling again erased the meet records set in 2000 belonging to Daniel Bego of Sarawak in both events.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Learned from my SICC golf khakis that Colin who is also a SICC member sold his landed property to finance Joseph's
Olympics ambition, and thereafter he and his family downgraded to reside in a HDB flat in Marine Parade.

Colin Sir, I salute you and May your missus.

A very significant investment in their son.