• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Grace Fu, you useless cunt, you should read this. Our Olympic rower has to use saving

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Fucking PAP got $387 million to waste on YOG, and millions of $ to waste on FT so called talented atheletes. But here we have a dedicated sinkie that has to use up most of her life savings and also use crowdfunding to qualify and get to the Rio Olympics. Really PAP have no fucking shame? Our own atheletes they don't support. The least that DisGraceFu can do is to reimburse her for all her training expenses and reinstate her savings with a one time grant. Even though Saiyidah Aisyah did not win any medal, she embodies the spirit of true singaporeans. I feel more proud of her then of any fucking FTs that might have won a medal. What does this say about the morally bankrupt PAP? Why are so many sinkies leaving? Its because of this. When your own govt places no value on you, and more value on FTs, why stick around?

[h=1]Singapore's 1st Olympic rower Saiyidah overcomes tough conditions to advance to quarter-finals[/h]

[h=2]Saiyidah overcomes tough conditions in heat to finish third and advance to quarter-finals[/h]Jonathan Wong In Rio de Janeiro

Faced with choppy waters she had never competed in before, Saiyidah Aisyah had to improvise, adapt and most of all, row like she had never done before.
The Singaporean was already the country's first Olympic rower and the trailblazer continued her remarkable journey by reaching the quarter-finals of the women's singles sculls at the Rio Games.
Her time of 8min 44.71sec might have been almost a minute slower than her personal best but the only number that mattered was three, the position she finished in heat 4 under the scorching sun at Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas in Copacabana.
It was good enough to see her join the heat winner, China's Duan Jingli (8:18.57), and Swiss Jeanine Gmelin (8:28.10) in the quarter-finals where the top three from the six heats will square off on Tuesday.

Saiyidah, who dropped her hands in exhaustion and looked skywards after crossing the finishing line of the 2,000m race, said: "This was one of the toughest races of my life. The water was so choppy, especially at the halfway mark. I had to row using only one side to make sure I didn't cross into the other lane on my left."

WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT
He told me I've come this far and there's no reason why I can't finish in the top three. I kept repeating that to myself throughout the race.
SAIYIDAH AISYAH, Singapore national rower, on the advice given by her coach Alan Bennett for the race.
The waters were so rough that she even had to think out of the box and use her spare socks to remove water from her craft - soaking up the water and squeezing it on the side - minutes before her race.
The sight of capsized Serbian men's pair Milos Vasic and Nenad Bedik in a later race further illustrated the testing circumstances.
She clung to the last-minute words of encouragement from her Australian coach Alan Bennett, particularly in the final 500m when Chinese Taipei's Huang Yi-ting was threatening to overtake her.
[h=2]ST_20160730_SPTROW30_2480900.jpg[/h]
ST_20160730_SPTROW30_2480900.jpg

Related Story
[h=4]Singapore Olympian Saiyidah Aisyah propelling herself past pain and solitude[/h]

She said: "He told me I've come this far and there's no reason why I can't finish in the top three. I kept repeating that to myself throughout the race."
The 2013 SEA Games champion is used to adversity. Her form dipped in 2014 and she moved to Sydney last year to train full time with faint hopes of qualifying for the Games.
The 28-year-old, who left her job as a Student Development Officer at Ngee Ann Polytechnic in August last year, even took to crowd-funding earlier this year to fund her training expenses after using up most of her life savings.
Flashing the widest of grins, she told The Sunday Times: "It's been an amazing experience and I'm so proud to represent Singapore and I really hope this (her participation in the Olympics) will inspire others."
She was equally pleased about beating the other two participants in her heat, Huang (8:51.74) and Kazak Svetlana Germanovich (9:34.15).
Saiyidah had lost to both women at April's Asia and Oceania Continental Olympic Qualification Regatta but earned her Olympic spot after winning the B final.
She remains on track for her goal in Brazil, a top-24 ranking among 32 participants. She has progressed to the next round as the 16th fastest competitor.

The top three from the four quarter-finals will advance to the semi-final while the rest proceed to the C and D division alongside winners from the repechage stage to decide the rankings from 13-24th.
Such complex permutations will have to wait though. Sayidah had attended Friday's opening ceremony and returned to the Games Village only at 1am. Her bus to the rowing venue left five hours later.
She said with a chuckle: "I'll return to training tomorrow morning and get myself ready for the next race. But all I want to do now is go back and sleep."
After a performance like that, it is a richly deserved nap. And chances are, the dreams would be especially sweet.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Grace Fu, you useless cunt, you should read this. Our Olympic rower has to use sa

Its a clear message, PAP does not support local talents.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Grace Fu, you useless cunt, you should read this. Our Olympic rower has to use sa

This lady did better than expected. She deserves much more in support from Singapore. We have no qualms about bringing in foreigners to represent us in Sports but when our own wants to give it a go, no one seems to care.

PinkaChung

Alfrescian
Loyal

How much it cost to send an athlete to Rio? Just one air ticket? :smile:

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal

What worse is that some PAP IBs online claimed she had support from the government when she received a scholarship but fail to mention that the scholarship was meant to make her compete in ASEAN games only.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

It is clear to me too that success in sports involves money. The best financed atheletes with big sponsors can hire the best coaches, get the best equipment, use the latest training methods, get a supporting team of dieticians, pyschologist, sports therapists etc. If the PAP had funded this woman even a fraction of what they gave to the shit useless FT atheletes and even just half a percent of what they spend on the YOG, who knows what out rower could have done. Maybe she could have gotten a medal. Maybe not a gold, but even a bronze would make the whole country proud. I would be prouder to watch her on the podium receiving a bronze then watching at the NDP.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

How much it cost to send an athlete to Rio? Just one air ticket? :smile:

How about DisGraceFu cut one person from her entourage and give that ticket to our rower for free?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

What worse is that some PAP IBs online claimed she had support from the government when she received a scholarship but fail to mention that the scholarship was meant to make her compete in ASEAN games only.

Well, here is the proof. Shit times itself said she spend almost all her life savings to qualify for Rio. What did the govt contribute?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

She is malay so by right, malaysia must support her.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can afford to sent 4 newly minted PRC Sporean Table Tennis players but cant afford to support a true blue Sporean who was born and bred on tis land, no eyes to see tis kind of Gahman.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I had a good laugh when I heard that Grace Fu is going to Rio to support our athlete:biggrin:

More like going on a paid holiday. PAP MPs sure know how to enjoy the perks o the job.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/minister-grace-fu-to/3030302.html

SINGAPORE: Minister for Culture, Community and Youth Grace Fu will be in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from Aug 11 to 13 to cheer on Team Singapore athletes at the Summer Olympics, the ministry said in a press statement on Wednesday (Aug 10).

The Singapore contingent, led by Mr Low Teo Ping, Chef de Mission for Team Singapore, consists of 25 athletes competing in 7 sports.

“Singapore’s best athletes are ready to do our nation proud at the Summer Olympics. They have trained very hard to fly our flag at the world’s pinnacle sporting event," said Ms Fu, who will be accompanied by officials from the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth as well as Sport Singapore.

"We are standing together with them as One Team Singapore, and giving our athletes our fullest support!” she added.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal

no local malay business roped in?second chance?

clearly,PAP does not support Malay soortsman nor sportswoman..

Well done, Aisyah!! making it w/o govt sponsorship...

true sinkie feels injustice...Yacoob ,u failed your community,you failed Aisyah.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

This lady did better than expected. She deserves much more in support from Singapore. We have no qualms about bringing in foreigners to represent us in Sports but when our own wants to give it a go, no one seems to care.

speak for yourself. I mean, these overpaid fugly looking athletic that they paid to buy off china, they r underperformers. why on earth would anyone select them to mimic those useless politicians

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

no local malay business roped in?second chance?

clearly,PAP does not support Malay soortsman nor sportswoman..

Well done, Aisyah!! making it w/o govt sponsorship...

true sinkie feels injustice...Yacoob ,u failed your community,you failed Aisyah.

the paul Lampard minister was more then eager to sur cock angmoh cunt and you cant blame the rest of the band for doing the same.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal

I had a good laugh when I heard that Grace Fu is going to Rio to support our athlete:biggrin:

More like going on a paid holiday. PAP MPs sure know how to enjoy the perks o the job.

Best if the plane carrying this female dog crashes in the Amazon jungle.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Am sure the people's President and his Wife, and security team, will be digging into his savings to pay for their own first class air tickets to Rio.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

why must rely on gov to get far in anything, not only in sports? this lady is the epitome of the true go-getter spirit that sinkies sorely lack. only when she becomes successful then the bandwagon gov will jump right in, claiming credit quickly if she medals. but meanwhile, if no good results nor splashy news they bo hiu. it's like that in everything, from business to sports to science to entrepreunership. you have to carve out a top niche for yourself first, and the pap will rope you in as one of their prideful own. they conveniently rely on results not potential (which is a lazy and surefire way to co-op talent). otherwise, just be the biggest plp in the pa or rc and pap cadreship (and don't need to excel) and you will get the funding. if this lady medals, you can bet the baath party (oops sorry the pap) apparatus will be all over her. and she will become a lady in white. :p

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

PAP is such a total disgrace!!!!

Now there is a chance to not disgrace the country but PAP only support disgraces.

And that is what stupid sinkies voted for!!!!!

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nobody asked who did Saiyidah vote for? I am 70% sure she voted for PAP.