• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Hurricane Spotted Off East Coast! Run For Your Life!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1.jpg

SINGAPORE - A large column of water was spotted off Singapore's East Coast on Saturday (Aug 6), prompting people across the island to share photos and videos of it on social media.

It is likely a water spout, which occurs when a type of cloud, cumuliform, forms during thunderstorms, creating low-pressure pockets.

They are common in tropical waters, and are usually spotted off Singapore once or twice a year. One was spotted in Clementi in October 2014, and reports of water spouts have appeared in local newspapers as far back as 1908.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...rce=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10#link_time=1470475802

singularity

Alfrescian
Loyal
on the contrary, I would love to be sucked into a waterspout, then i'll be wet AND high at the same time. WEEEE!!!!

of course, landing would be a bummer.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a waterspout is the size of a tall skyscraper. a hurricane is the size of a continent. this is a hurricane. and notice the curvature of the earth, for those flat earth believers.

image.jpg

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup, our resident PAPzi groupie has difficulty with comparisons. But I supposed the tendency to exaggerate threats comes with being a PAPzi supporter.

a waterspout is the size of a tall skyscraper. a hurricane is the size of a continent. this is a hurricane. and notice the curvature of the earth, for those flat earth believers.

View attachment 27860