• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Single, Pretty Sinkie Would Rather Be Cheap Nurse Than Top Model! Guess Race?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
NP_20160801_CHNURSE_1341638.jpg

She is so pretty that a patient followed her around the wards and would harass her colleagues about her whereabouts when she was not around.

Male patients and their relatives would also ask for her mobile phone number to ask her out for lunch.

And she has been scouted by modelling agencies at least 10 times.

But National University Hospital (NUH) nurse manager, Ms Judith Kaylene Lee, 29, firmly turned them all down.

She is interested only in providing the best care for her patients so they can recover as best they can.

Ms Lee has been a nurse for eight years and has been working at NUH during that period.

She got interested in nursing when she accompanied her family to NUH as a child because her brother suffers from congenital heart defects.

She said the nurses were warm and professional and empathised with her parents' anxiety. She recalled one occasion where her parents accompanied her brother for an MRI scan.

She was sitting in a corner when a nurse went up to her to comfort her.

Said Ms Lee: "The nurses would say, 'It's okay. You just wait here for a little while. Your brother will be coming out soon.'"

That experience stayed with her and in Secondary 2, she realised she wanted to be a nurse.

Her parents were very supportive of her decision.

Being attractive meant she was talent-scouted by modelling agencies many times.

On rejecting modelling scouts, Ms Lee, who is single, said: "I love nursing and I have a purpose. It was quite easy to reject them because I knew that (modelling) wasn't something I liked."

Saying 'no' to patients and male relatives was another challenge.

Ms Lee said: "I did have patients or their relatives who wanted to get to know me, requested for my number, or asked me out for lunch. I never gave them my number.

"I am actually quite fierce. I know how to make things very clear to them and really draw the line, so I don't actually have many of those kinds of encounters."

There are also other challenges, said the Nanyang Polytechnic nursing graduate who later got a Master in Organisational Leadership from Monash University.

PROFESSIONALS

Ms Lee said: "Some of my colleagues feel quite upset when family members treat them like maids because, ultimately, some of (us) do have a degree and are actually professionals."

She hopes to change the face of nursing and is heavily involved in the Ministry of Health's Care to Go Beyond campaign, a campaign that tries to recognise the invaluable contribution of nurses and encourage more people to join the profession.

Apart from being featured in print advertisements, Ms Lee plays a mother who inspires her daughter to be a nurse in the television commercial "There's Nothing I'd Rather Be".

She is also filming for a Channel 8 nursing drama, You Can Be An Angel 2 , where she plays an Advanced Practice Nurse alongside stars like Zoe Tay. The drama is scheduled to debut on Nov 1.

In the end, it is the support of her colleagues and seeing her patients recover and walk out of the ward that keeps her going.

Ms Lee said: "At the end of the day, I find great satisfaction in my job, which gives me the drive and makes me want to do better."

"I know how to make things very clear to them and really draw the line, so I don't actually have many of those kinds of encounters."

- Nurse manager Judith Kaylene Lee on dealing with overly friendly patients

About nurses' day

Nurses' Day is celebrated in Singapore on Aug 1 every year.

This is unlike International Nurses' Day, which is celebrated on Aug 12 (Florence Nightingale's birthday).

Aug 1 marks the beginning of the development of nursing in Singapore, now into its 131st year.

Nurses' Day celebrates the contribution of nursing to Singapore's healthcare system, as well as the hard work and commitment displayed by nurses towards their patients.

- See more at: http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-ne...ent-following-her-around#sthash.WZtiRQJ2.dpuf

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not very healthy to have a too pretty or sexy nurse in a health care environment .for all ages of patients.
They should only be deployed to clinics for impotency.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course Lah. Become nursey later can give rich doctors bbbj or anal. Might even turn from mistress to wife. Good hunting ground for golden turtles.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course Lah. Become nursey later can give rich doctors bbbj or anal. Might even turn from mistress to wife. Good hunting ground for golden turtles.

Yes. More importantly if she goes into modelling and found sugar daddy people will say she is slut whereas in health care is angel. Plus modeling career will end early by now 29 expire liao. Hell think we are stupid is it.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She can wash many different cocks everyday without being called a whore and get worship as a saint in this profession. So why not?

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. More importantly if she goes into modelling and found sugar daddy people will say she is slut whereas in health care is angel. Plus modeling career will end early by now 29 expire liao. Hell think we are stupid is it.

Like old Chinese saying the fox shakes it's tail anyone with slight intelligence will know what's the hidden agenda. Only the 70% Sinkies can get fooled by such superficial infomercial disguised as news.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

thanks, i'll switch to NUH next time... do they have 一条龙 service with soapy bath?

00_45_42.jpg

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah...like that impotent patient also cured immediately sia

pls be more considelate and patroidiotic can...

i was hoping they give this therapy to the ex president. this may cure him of stroke after being stroke,

if still cannot, at least the langjeow will wake up. that's some consolidation. pinkie may come on and say he has schlong talk with prata n the cock hairs gave him 2 thumbs up...

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal

Would be nice if my son gets to know her..My son is 33 and has not hold any girls hand yet..

All he does is to do important research for the good of the world.

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
This lady will be a keeper.
A pretty wife that will take care of you when you are sick or bed ridden. What more can you ask for.

jw5

Loyal
It is not very healthy to have a too pretty or sexy nurse in a health care environment .for all ages of patients.
They should only be deployed to clinics for impotency.

But she may be good for the patients' morale and help them to recover faster. :biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The first post of this thread. :biggrin:

That is the real bitch??? oh pls.. that is a beauty??? sinkieTimes nothing to write and those PAP low life here trying to hookwink this article.. pathetic.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is the real bitch??? oh pls.. that is a beauty??? sinkieTimes nothing to write and those PAP low life here trying to hookwink this article.. pathetic.

Well its simple propaganda:

1. Shows that Nursing is a good job that even Chiobu wants to be part of it.
2. Shows that Sinkieland Chiobus are not all GCPs.
3. Shows the 70% when they go hospitalised can see Chiobu who is also caring, thus justifying the high medical fees.
4. Cock tease those lao teekoo uncles to visit hospital/clinics more for "routine checkups" to get cheap thrills.

Basically rubbish useless "news" to feed the empty brain of sinkie low-life.