• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Don't compare your daughter with those PRC scholars because they are ELITES

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
I want to share my experience.

My daughter applied to be a teacher with the Ministry of Education (MOE) after her 'A' levels. She studied for a Diploma in NIE and became a junior teacher after graduation. She was asked to serve a 2 years bond.

She subsequently asked her principal to grant her the opportunity to further take up a degree in NIE. Her name was recommended and she was eventually given a place after 2 years.

She was put on unpaid leave to pursue her degree. Upon completion of her degree course, MOE informed my daughter she has to serve a 3 years bond and also pay for the costs of her degree studies. She asked why this was the case. They claimed that the terms and conditions were laid out in fine print in her original agreement, however she was NOT TOLD at the onset. So she must now pay $30,000 and remain bonded. I wrote to Education Minister Ng Chee Meng in the capacity of a concerned parent and he refused to answer my official email. I thus called the Public Service Commission (PSC) and asked why a Minister is refusing to reply to a proper complaint put forth by a citizen/parent. I told them I will escalate this matter to the DPM and PM if the need arises. I even queried about how PRC kids are getting free rides, yet my daughter had to bear all costs.

As a consequence of my protests, those pigs at MOE had the gall to inform my daughter she would land in greater trouble if I attempted to probe further. When I conversed with their HR manager, she said this to me: "Don't compare your daughter with those PRC scholars because they are ELITES."

Fellow Singaporeans - is this fair to my daughter and me ? Is this a government which truly cares for us ? Where is justice? The Education ministry is prostituting us to help foreigners; it seems Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong is only keen to uplift the foreigners. The system he runs won't genuinely bother about our welfare. All we get is a system built by elites to serve their own interests. Stop being blind fools. Open your eyes wide and safely guard what is dearest to you. It is just a matter of time before we locals are completely fxxxed. Thanks to 69% of idiots who voted without thinking. They voted to make us second class citizens. I stand by what I have written because I have everything in writing. -Mohan Sinnapillay

Don't compare your daughter with those PRC scholars because they are ELITES

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is this fair to my daughter and me ? Is this a government which truly cares for us ? Where is justice?

Seriously? There are ppl still asking these questions? Who did this person vote for? Actually from the question she asked it's pretty obvious.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember>.....For the people, With the people slogan

Surprise that this soldier, Ng Chee Meng promise to us that he wants to build an inclusive society turns his head the other way..

If he does not stand up and face this issue squarely, we can just elevate him and brand him as another SCUM .

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Sir: I feel sorry that you just learnt this lesson at this stage in your life. Most Singaporeans don't even learn anything after all their years on this planet. Every government is there for themselves, their own careers. Thinking that they will do something for us commoners is wishful thinking. What good does it do for them to help the citizens? Their only concern is to stay in power, retain their governmental posts, and reap the benefits of their station in life. That's' all!! Good luck to you and your daughter!

Cheers!

.................. is this fair to my daughter and me ? Is this a government which truly cares for us ? Where is justice? The Education ministry is prostituting us to help foreigners; it seems Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong is only keen to uplift the foreigners. The system he runs won't genuinely bother about our welfare. All we get is a system built by elites to serve their own interests.......................

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
- On unpaid leave to study,
- pay own school fees,
- bonded for 3 years thereafter.

These 3 items together does not make sense at all, unless there are some other issues not mentioned in letter.

Seriously, if everyone read the fine print, no one will sign any contracts. But then again, those fine prints form part of the contract once signed.

My mantra : Contracts are sign at happy time. When shit hits, every party will go through it with magnifying glasses. You sign contracts with your eyes wide opened n brain engaged, objectively and not emotionally!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
- pay own school fees,

These 3 items together does not make sense at all, unless there are some other issues not mentioned in letter.

Seriously, if everyone read the fine print, no one will sign any contracts. But then again, those fine prints form part of the contract once signed.

My mantra : Contracts are sign at happy time. When shit hits, every party will go through it with magnifying glasses. You sign contracts with your eyes wide opened n brain engaged, objectively and not emotionally!

sinkies are born with the status "slaves" the moment they are born,even though its not stated on ur ic or birth cert or not publicly acknowledged.the fact that sinkies cant protest or riot in their own countries is proof of that.u can even go to other countries and protest but not in singapore.sinkies are balled and gagged.some contracts even when signed can be fought and deemed illegal,and besides anyway no one gives a shit about PAPPEE contracts as evident by the amazingly high default rate of foreign scholarship students and MOE's lack of concern.

if the PRCs scholars are such elites,why cant they afford to pay for their education?its because Singapore can only attract the poor destitute trash from China that cant even get funding from their own government.elsewhere in the world,ang moh countries are busy milking the shit out of the rich PRCs,australia,US,UK,Canada,obviously deep down PAP knows SIngapore is not such a great or attractive city,iv only been to australia so far and i can tell u we dont compare by a mile,and i intend to visit UK,US and Europe in the future....i believe SIngapore dont even hold up to the major cities or Japan or Korea,and not even the tier 1 cities of China,iv seen videos and pictures of shang hai and beijing,i dont think even the elites or cityfolk of those cities would want to come to SG.SG is filled with low quality trash.only frog in well sinkies think singapore is the greatest.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree the story does not add up.

- pay own school fees,

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not clear about the facts of the case-why the mother never go to WP-they have many lawyers/MP's who can enlighten her on the contract and bring up the negative social/political issues (if any) relating to such cases.