• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Car crash accident along changi coast road claims 21 yr old

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
  • crashmain_0.jpg
  • crash_01.jpg

Photos: Lianhe Wanbao, Facebook screengrabs
  • crash_03.jpg
  • crash_04.jpg
  • crash_05.jpg
    crash_06.jpg

AsiaOne
29 July 2016

A navy personnel was killed after he lost control of the SUV that he was driving and crashed it into a tree.

The fatal acident occurred at about 6.30am on Friday (July 29) along Changi Coast Road in the direction towards Nicoll Drive.

Chinese evening daily Lianhe Wanbao reported that the driver was 21-year-old Yukio Matsuo. After the crash, he was trapped in the driver's seat of the vehicle.

He was unconscious as SCDF officers worked to extricate him from the wreckage with hydraulic rescue tools.

He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Mr Matsuo, whose father is Japanese and mother a Singaporean, was believed to have been driving his mother's car.

He had previously studied Marine and Offshore Technology and Ngee Ann Polytechnic, and begun working with the Republic of Singapore Navy last April, according to his Facebook page.

Five other passengers, who were in their 20s and 30s, were also injured in the accident.

According to Lianhe Wanbao, two of the five suffered severe injuries and were unconscious as they were conveyed to Changi General Hospital.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it was alerted to the accident at 6.35am. It dispatched one fire engine, one red rhino, five ambulances and two support vehicles to the scene.

When contacted, a police spokesperson confirmed the incident, and said that investigations were ongoing.

http://www.stomp.com.sg/singapore-s...uv-crashes-tree-along-changi-coast#xtor=CS1-2

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If he can't drive on a straight road without hitting a tree he deserves to be culled.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
He'll b waiting at the tree for boss Sam to pass by n jio him play 2f2f in hell Forrester vs cycle

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Looks like he was driving a Subaru judging from the mangled wreckage.

I don't have to "judge" I can see the Subaru badge on the grill.

I wonder if the family will sue parks and recreation for planting a tree in the wrong place.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spore has become a dangerous place because foreigners have not gone through the PAP's brainwashing on how they should behave.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
FATHER APOLOGISES ON BEHALF OF DEAD SON

His son had only four months left to serve in his national service.

Mr Hiroyuki Matsuo, 54, told reporters that there were plans to send the 21-year-old for further studies overseas.

But now, the plans will never work out for Mr Yukio Matsuo.

He was killed on Friday at around 6.30am when the SUV he was driving went out of control, smashing head-on into a tree on Changi Coast Road.

The New Paper on Sunday understands that Mr Matsuo was an engineering technician in the Navy.

The car's five passengers, believed to be male Navy regulars in their 20s to 30s, were all injured in the accident.

According to the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), the passengers were taken to Changi General Hospital. Two of them were unconscious.

REMORSE

In an interview with chinese evening daily Lianhe Wanbao, Mr Matsuo expressed his remorse towards the five injured passengers.

He said: "I hear that the other two unconscious victims are in serious condition.

"If they die, or have some permanent disability, I will feel very bad. I've done them wrong."

Mr Matsuo and his wife, Madam Grace Tham, run the Matsuo Sushi Restaurant at Goldhill Plaza. He declined to speak more when contacted by TNPS.

But Shin Min Daily News quoted Mr Matsuo as saying that his son used to take public transport, which was time-consuming.

The younger Mr Matsuo would reportedly come home close to midnight.

In order to cut down on his travelling time, he started driving to camp four months ago, in March.

In the report, his mother said the young man was a careful driver who would not speed.

The impact of the crash was so great that the younger Mr Matsuo was trapped inside the wreckage after the crash.

An SCDF spokesman told TNPS that he had to be extricated using hydraulic rescue tools. He was subsequently pronounced dead at the scene.

Mr Matsuo said he has been praying for the five injured passengers to recover.

He said: "I already lost my son, I don't want other victim's parents to experience the same as me."

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
His Japanese Dad is an honourable man for apologising for his son, even when the son has died.......

This is most respectable....

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His Japanese Dad is an honourable man for apologising for his son, even when the son has died.......

This is most respectable....

he did not commit harakiri?...must have learnt from cow$8..no action, talk only!.....why did Japanese father allow his son to serve N.S.??