• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Useless Sinkie Kenna Leeplaced Again! Claimed to be 4th Generation Sinkie Race ....

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
transitioning.org
Fourth-generation Singaporean lost his $150,000 salary job to his foreign subordinate | Support Site for The Unemployed & Underemployed

Dear Gilbert,

I am a fourth generation Millennial Singaporean. I am writing this article as a rant anonymously and this is the first time I am doing so to pen my thoughts down to vent my frustrations hoping I will feel better.

In this article I will call out certain regulations the Government have enacted to reduce foreigner inflow which doesn’t appear to be helpful but I will also add my thoughts on what can be done better to help unemployed PMETs like myself.

I recently lost my 5-digit-per-month salary job as the listed company I was working for was losing money on a consolidated level. Though Asia is making money, we are subsidising loss-making operations in Europe. I had felt the cut coming as recent departures were not replaced, new businesses were not approved for additional headcount and I am always tasked to cut cost but alas the cost to be cut was me.

Prior to the cut I was already actively job searching but the cut came unexpectedly, though not a shock it affected me nonetheless.

What irked me more was that a foreigner took my place – a subordinate reporting to me drawing 40% less.

No doubt in the name of cost savings it was justifiable to release an expensive Singaporean. My ex boss was also a foreigner amongst the many foreigners in my work place.

The other hit was that I was also due for reservist in 2 weeks and had submitted my call-up letter to my finance so they are aware they are letting me go before my ICT. It was a double whammy for me since working for rank pay during reservist is painful.

It’s a cliche but it’s so true – NS for Singaporeans, jobs for foreigners. We are protecting the interests and assets of foreigners who have come to rob us of our rights.

The triple whammy is that income taxes this year is higher than the last year due to receiving the rebate for last year. Since I got a salary bump the year before my taxes this year was significantly higher.

Losing my job was brutal for me financially since I am paying for 2 properties and a car.

I also have a S$100K unsecured loan debt which I took on to pay the deposit for my second home. My wife isn’t working and I have school going children. The first thing I did was to adjust my salary expectations up to 50%. Within 1 week I have applied to almost 500 jobs but none of them successful or called for an interview.

The truth is even if I am willing to accept a lower pay, people will be dubious of my intentions or simply strike me off as overqualified and won’t stay long in the job. I don’t blame them since I was a hiring manager and have this bias myself.

What the Government could have done better is to ensure regulations are in place that when a Singaporean PMET can be easily replaced by a foreigner on a lower salary, this needs to be reported and a valid explanation given.

Understanding the need for financial viability for any company so this kind of “cost savings replacements” should eat into some form of a quota for the company failing which they have to stop such errand practices that affects locals.

The current guidelines in place which pays notice in lieu for terminations are not sufficient since a job search can take anywhere from 3-6 months or even longer. Perhaps a lump sum compensation payment of 1 month per year times number of years work in addition to the payment of the notice period should be considered.

This payment like those similar to redundancy payments should be made regulatory and not as guidelines only.

With regards to Government assistance schemes, people like me are totally left out as I am also not eligible under the Wage Credit Scheme (WCS) due to age and salary.

It appears that millennials are left to fend for themselves. The WCS is also applicable to unemployed PMEs aged 40 and above drawing a salary less than S$4,000 and the Government will co-fund your employer up to 40% of your salary.

I really love my country, I enjoy the peace, stability and prosperity but all this came at a high cost to us. Any Singaporean can regurgitate the issues on hand such as frequent MRT breakdowns, high cost of living, overcrowding etc… There is no solution in sight from the elected Government.

Singapore is one of the four Asian Tigers and comparing to South Korea – an equally developed economy I feel that quality of living is probably higher.

Looking at Taiwan where wages are slightly lower but costs of home ownership and cost of living is much lower also appeals to me.

Singapore spends a great deal of money on security, not that it is not a good idea but compared to Taiwan and South Korea who faces more imminent threats, our military spending appears to be high.

Taiwan has scrapped compulsory military service though South Korea still practices it.

Whenever we go for reservist of which I am almost completing my military obligations, the same scenarios plays over year by year. People are sleeping bunks morning to evening – could we have exercised more prudence here by organising tighter schedule rather than having just one lecture per day? This could translate into high cost savings from paying the civilian salaries.

There are many lapses in our first world Government as uncovered in the recent Auditor General’s report but I won’t discuss them here.

Our Government have been tightening foreigner inflows but is it enough? We are still headed for 6.9 million people and it is easy to surmise that the increase in the population from the current 5.4 million will be imported.

I fear for my children, what will this mean for them in the future for securing jobs or getting a home?

Due to the recent adjustments in property prices my current property is in negative equity. The previous housing minister had allowed prices to skyrocket and when adjustments were made the last few years, the market though didn’t crash had made many current home owners in my situation.

In the previous generations buying a property was a sure fire way to reap a handsome profit for retirement but now it’s not the case, you buy a leasehold property for 99 years and in your golden years you have to do a reverse mortgage just so you can survive. I am not sure I see logic in this.

It is apparent that foreigners are both the woes to our troubles but their presence results in a free market economy which is an engine for our economic growth.

This will be a simplistic comparison but had we not traded economic growth we will be in a situation like Taiwan – lower wages but a generally lower cost of living with a lesser stress lifestyle and I do like that!

The measures that the Government had put forward to curb foreigner inflows appear to be superficial only. Let’s look at the current Employment Pass scheme where qualified foreign talents are competing with Singaporeans for jobs.

The jobs bank as of July boasts more than 60,000 vacant jobs. The purpose of the jobs bank is to hire foreigners – why I say that?

To hire a foreigner paid under S$12,000 a month, you need to advertise for 14 calendar days. Many companies already have candidates in mind when they do the job postings so they just wait out the period. They have absolutely no intention of hiring Singaporeans.

To prove my point even further, there is a scheme called Intra Company Transfer where a foreigner who have been working in the home location for the company for at least 1 year will qualify for exemption under the Fair Consideration Framework (FCF). This means if they are already an existing employee, they can skip advertising which gives Singaporeans zero chance at even submitting our CV since no advertising is required. This is a big loophole in itself!

We should emulate what the Australia Government does by asking to see proper records of interviews and also having to advertise for at least 1 month.

The current measures are “wayang” in nature and does little to curb the inflows of foreigners on EP and these are the jobs that we want.

For candidates with a higher salary coupled with fixed accommodation allowances hitting $12K is easy and this circumvents the ruling of advertisement.

The Government should collect data from employers and verify number of Singaporeans getting employed via jobsbank to reassure us that this measure of theirs is working.

I personally have applied to over 100 jobs on jobsbank with not a single reply. Why? If an employer already have a foreigner candidate – why bother interviewing Singaporeans?

The new initiative under (TAFEP) Tripartite Alliance for Fair Employment Practices is meant to ensure companies have a strong Singaporean core but their recent move to raise the minimum EP salary to $3,600 starting 1 Jan 2017 won’t make a dent in hiring foreigners since this is a negligible difference.

S Passes are subjected to quota depending on industries from 15-20% but EPs are not.

Why are EPs earning minimum S$3,300 for foreigners not regulated? These are the jobs we want! The jobs under S Passes starting at S$2,200 are quota dependent but not EP? I am scratching my head here – shouldn’t this be reversed? A quota for lower wage jobs under work permits and s passes but a ticket to hire freely without restriction for EPs. Where does this leave Singaporeans?

I can understand we want foreign talents but hiring a foreigner at $3,300? How talented can this individual be against a local?! Perhaps the qualifying criteria for EPs should be raised to at least S$5,000 to reflect their expertise and other fixed accommodation allowance or cost of living allowance should be removed from the qualifying criteria to prevent “inflating salaries” to meet criteria.

Some people are not aware that Malaysians are treated differently from other nationalities. Their qualifying salary to obtain EP is S$2,200 as opposed to S$3,300 for other nationalities. I don’t know why but maybe it is a political reason but fact is that Malaysian graduates are taking away our jobs as their culture and upbringing is very similar to ours and they pose a credible threat to us for jobs since there is not much difference in hiring a Singaporean or Malaysian except for the salary. A Malaysian fresh graduate will accept $2,200 and can speak multiple languages such as Cantonese to serve HK and Southern China market, Bahasa to serve Indonesia and Malaysia, Mandarin to serve China and of course English.

Given 2 fresh candidates based on cost, it will be a rather easy decision to hire the Malaysian. I am not insinuating Malaysians are better but they are willing to accept a lower salary due to home country advantage and covert SGD to 3 times more MYR. No matter what salary they accept in Singapore it will be worth 3 times more back home so to them the difference is huge and given the current situation in their country, we can only expect more of them coming. I feel that the Gov should level the playing field for them by ensuring they only get EPs at the S$3,300 level.

My intentions are not to protect Singaporeans or make life difficult for foreigners but as a local shouldn’t we be entitled to a home country advantage? Any Government in the world should and must put their citizens first because we put them in that place through our votes.

However what I can proudly say is whenever I had to make a decision to hire a foreigner over a local I always made sure to hire a local not because I am bias but because Surprise!!!! – locals ask for less money than foreigners in my industry! Hiring a local was a no brainer since hiring a foreigner costs more in terms of levies for S passes and for those on employment passes, foreigners were also entitled to CPF top ups. Many companies want to ensure equity so CPF contribution top ups are given to foreigners.

Now you know why foreigners are flushed with cash because even if a foreigner and local are on the same salary the foreigner is 37% cash richer than us! 20% from not having to contribute CPF and taking the 17% employer top up!

My thoughts on this is that though this is a personal matter between the employer and foreign employee but isn’t this too much? Not hiring a Singaporean is bad enough but now you offer a cash top up to the foreigner. Most respectable MNCs practice this for equity reasons but I see no point since this is a legislative measure and no company is required to do this.

I think the Gov should step in to regulate that if employers want to hire foreigners then they are not entitled to simulate payments similar to our cpf. This is actually working in great favor to the foreigner and there is no reason to hire a Singaporean then.

More must be done to halt the hiring of EPs such as a quota of sorts or a levy since there are many industries with a highly imbalanced number of EP holders in IT and management consulting where foreigners can take up between 70-90% of the workforce.

Employers will always argue hiring Singaporeans can be expensive in certain sectors but in IT and consultancy, these foreigners are commanding 5 digit salaries. These are jobs that Singaporeans want! Within the IT industry I am perplexed that nationals from South Asia are given salaries that triple or quadruple when they take up job offers in Singapore. South Asian economies are developing in nature but yet when their nationals come they are suddenly elevated to expat salaries that are way above what an average Singaporean will command.

I feel sad for us because we have talented people but the opportunity is not given to us because these jobs are not even advertised since they exceed the S$12K mark.

What is even more alarming is the Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement (CECA) between India and Singapore which allows for free labor movement for Indian nationals into Singapore… I won’t discuss this here but if you google it will explain why there are so many Indian nationals on this little red dot. I am not referring to the construction workers but those working in banks and IT services commanding high salaries.

The next highlight is the ASEAN Economic Community promoting freer flow of people and goods between the 10 Asean member nations.

In time to come I think by the next generation our children will be competing with people from other ASEAN nations for lower – mid wage jobs and still at the same time compete with westerners, India and China for higher wage jobs.

I fear that day will come too soon.

For now I will return to my job search, determined not to be defeated, not to wallow in misery. I may have to look towards greener pastures overseas with hopes that those Governments will accept a local Singaporean like how our Government has graciously accepted their citizens.

I love my country and I enjoy staying here but I am not sure if my country loves me since so many hurdles have been placed against me leaving me at a distinct disadvantage.

The men in Singapore, facing discrimination in the workplace from foreigners. Facing discrimination in their love lives competing with wealthy foreigners – and we know why the birth rate is low?

Serving 2 years in the army is not enough and still having to go through another 10 years cycle of reservist.

Stagnant wages against rising cost of living and home ownership.

Paying for other taxes in addition to income tax such as GST, property tax and ERP etc.

Getting a local degree to then fathom why my degree is worth less than that from a degree mill of a 3rd world country.

Having to contend with overloaded and faulty trains.

I am loss for words myself as I think through how I could tolerate the intolerable injustice met out against me. Perhaps this is a good training ground for me and now I am ready to face the outside world which maybe a more brutal place but my hand has been forced since there is no place for me here anymore.

Happy 51st birthday Singapore. May this be the last that I celebrate with you as I look for my new life elsewhere.

I truly and sincerely wish you all the best. I know running a country is difficult but I only wished that you hadvelooked out more for me, I really want to be a patriot but instead I have become the enemy.

Regards,

Jobless Millenial

Number of View: 138

3818 7 3

Post Published: 28 July 2016

Author: admin

Found in section: Latest Articles

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: Useless Sinkie Kenna Leeplaced Again! Claimed to be 4th Generation Sinkie Race ..

Who did he and four generations of his family vote for?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: Useless Sinkie Kenna Leeplaced Again! Claimed to be 4th Generation Sinkie Race ..

When I see this type of postings, I always wonder how this idiot can rise to a management level position earning 6 figures a year. One of my friends was also in mid management, probably like this guy. And he was also in his position for a while. because of this, he knew the business and the industry very well and had developed a loyal and stable base of clients. When he got laid off, he took all his clients with him. He went to rival companies and offered himself to work for them. he printed out his client's list and brought it with him to the interview. He told them he will call every single one of his clients up from his old company to update them that he is in a new compnay and to invite them to come over to him. he was hired on the spot by the new company. Which company don't want to hire an experienced employee with an established client list? This moron sure don't know how to whack his company.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How can there be 4th generation Sporeans when Spore is only 50 years old?

Spore was part of Malaya & under the British.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

That is the outcome due to the fear of protesting.

My predecessor said it well, sinkies are ball-less to protest against the PAP govt and now you bunch of stupid sinkies are getting screwed.

Last edited:

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

When I see this type of postings, I always wonder how this idiot can rise to a management level position earning 6 figures a year. One of my friends was also in mid management, probably like this guy. And he was also in his position for a while. because of this, he knew the business and the industry very well and had developed a loyal and stable base of clients. When he got laid off, he took all his clients with him. He went to rival companies and offered himself to work for them. he printed out his client's list and brought it with him to the interview. He told them he will call every single one of his clients up from his old company to update them that he is in a new compnay and to invite them to come over to him. he was hired on the spot by the new company. Which company don't want to hire an experienced employee with an established client list? This moron sure don't know how to whack his company.

Have you work under Sinkie bosses? Many of them are only banking on 小聪明 then let the initial success get to their head. There is not much strategic thought in the Sinkie mind.

Buckethead

Alfrescian
Loyal

" Losing my job was brutal for me financially since I am paying for 2 properties and a car.....I also have a S$100K unsecured loan debt which I took on to pay the deposit for my second home....."

Don't use the above as excuses....smart to earn big money but didn't think the long run...."what if I got retrenched..." He asked for it....

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

this deadwood asked for it. look at what he wrote "The triple whammy is that income taxes this year is higher than the last year due to receiving the rebate for last year. Since I got a salary bump the year before my taxes this year was significantly higher. Losing my job was brutal for me financially since I am paying for 2 properties and a car.....

I also have a S$100K unsecured loan debt which I took on to pay the deposit for my second home. My wife isn’t working and I have school going children. ..."

typical farked up sinkie who think the world revolves around him only. earn more yet complain about paying more taxes!!!! loan to pay two properties and yet expect his farked up wife to just laze at home and be a tai tai. this farker deserved to be fired and I am happy for it. you meet such farkers hwo actually do very little work day in day out in financial sector and when everybody else is moderating and downsizing this bastard still complain about paying taxes (when his pay went up alot) and expect the garmen to keep him employed and his wife a tai tai forever. too bad he thought like alot of sinkies atht properties is the way to get rich(a ruse by the garmen about asset enhancement which is shits really). no wonder he got fire when you can get a relpacement for 50% less pay and probably better brains(as jusdged by his crap thinking and prima donna attitude). bet he would end up as ataxi driver a born loser for life. meet alot of these farkers everyday. hahhahahahahahah no wonder recession is coming. huat ah!!!!!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

this deadwood asked for it. look at what he wrote "The triple whammy is that income taxes this year is higher than the last year due to receiving the rebate for last year. Since I got a salary bump the year before my taxes this year was significantly higher. Losing my job was brutal for me financially since I am paying for 2 properties and a car.....

I also have a S$100K unsecured loan debt which I took on to pay the deposit for my second home. My wife isn’t working and I have school going children. ..."

typical farked up sinkie who think the world revolves around him only. earn more yet complain about paying more taxes!!!! loan to pay two properties and yet expect his farked up wife to just laze at home and be a tai tai. this farker deserved to be fired and I am happy for it. you meet such farkers hwo actually do very little work day in day out in financial sector and when everybody else is moderating and downsizing this bastard still complain about paying taxes (when his pay went up alot) and expect the garmen to keep him employed and his wife a tai tai forever. too bad he thought like alot of sinkies atht properties is the way to get rich(a ruse by the garmen about asset enhancement which is shits really). no wonder he got fire when you can get a relpacement for 50% less pay and probably better brains(as jusdged by his crap thinking and prima donna attitude). bet he would end up as ataxi driver a born loser for life. meet alot of these farkers everyday. hahhahahahahahah no wonder recession is coming. huat ah!!!!!

You sound jealous. Yes. Let it out. Let it all out. :smile:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Who did he and four generations of his family vote for?

Why this person is not the "CORE"??? no need to guess... 4 generations voted for PAP, who had f$#%%k them & now the next, generation..when there are changes to be made, for a better tomorrow, they chose one continue to f$%^& them...deserve to be replaced by a foreigner...:rolleyes:

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

You sound jealous. Yes. Let it out. Let it all out. :smile:

you must be really stupid like alot of sinkies to be jealous of his position!!!!!who's jealous of getting retrenchment and facing bankruptcy??? he is in deep shit. there is nothing to jealous bout in this born loser situation. really stupid logic like him(that's why he got fired as too stupid and in deep trouble now)
you just gave yourself away and make a freudian slip and a fool of yourself. you are also a born loser as only like people think alike (this born loser) who thinks getting fired is something to be jealous about. read my posts mr stupid>>> I said I am happy he got screwed!!!!!hahhahahah. those who knows me know I travelled first class and private jets and my IQ is way above yours and this pathetic born losers(see past posts when even GD and others commented on my power of observations, analytical, predictive and deduction skills). BTW ask taht narong and xebay guy. I predicted this 2016 recession and massive layoff 2 years ago. all posted and time stamped in this forum.hahahahah. I short the market and am laughing to the bank. so eat your heart out, born loser. I love seeing such people like him and you deadwood getting screwed by the system. you all asked for it. hahahhaha really makes my day!!

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

millennia with 150k job,apparently im playing the wrong game in life.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Folks like him are in the top 20 percent and very pro-PAP. It is a wake-up call for him, albeit too late. Now, his job options are taxi driver, bus captain or security guard.
Time for him to sell his property and face reality.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP aint giving no shit!!!

main_qimg_0308cd068368fca51643f33b57e7dcbf_c.jpg

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

you must be really stupid like alot of sinkies to be jealous of his position!!!!!who's jealous of getting retrenchment and facing bankruptcy??? he is in deep shit. there is nothing to jealous bout in this born loser situation. really stupid logic like him(that's why he got fired as too stupid and in deep trouble now)
you just gave yourself away and make a freudian slip and a fool of yourself. you are also a born loser as only like people think alike (this born loser) who thinks getting fired is something to be jealous about. read my posts mr stupid>>> I said I am happy he got screwed!!!!!hahhahahah. those who knows me know I travelled first class and private jets and my IQ is way above yours and this pathetic born losers(see past posts when even GD and others commented on my power of observations, analytical, predictive and deduction skills). BTW ask taht narong and xebay guy. I predicted this 2016 recession and massive layoff 2 years ago. all posted and time stamped in this forum.hahahahah. I short the market and am laughing to the bank. so eat your heart out, born loser. I love seeing such people like him and you deadwood getting screwed by the system. you all asked for it. hahahhaha really makes my day!!

Am I right to say that such losers are like those who go to night clubs and boast how good and handsome he is and act class.

When comes to giving tips, he is fucking stingy. I don't go to night clubs but I heard stories from my night club going friends.

Sometimes, being intelligent can be an inconvenience when dealing with people of lower intelligence.. They bored me to death.

They cannot understand simple concept of handling a situation and then create problems for themselves and others. I learn to stay away from such shits so I don't have to bother their stupid mess.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Retrench got what to be jealous of? You jelly he got 150k pa job when you never even smell 80k in your lifetime izit? Tell me lah. Tell me I am wrong. :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

This Sporean millennial is so smart and country aware. No wonder he was in $150k job. Not like those sinkie idiots who think that same stock 80 years ago means same stock now.

"Some people are not aware that Malaysians are treated differently from other nationalities. Their qualifying salary to obtain EP is S$2,200 as opposed to S$3,300 for other nationalities. I don’t know why but maybe it is a political reason but fact is that Malaysian graduates are taking away our jobs "

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

How can there be 4th generation Sporeans when Spore is only 50 years old?

Spore was part of Malaya & under the British.

Hahahah you are right. There was no Malaysia too, only Malaya but ignorant and arrogant sinkie traitor dogs will say those who are here for 70 years from Malaya are not Sporeans.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Retrench got what to be jealous of? You jelly he got 150k pa job when you never even smell 80k in your lifetime izit? Tell me lah. Tell me I am wrong. :smile:

You are right! He is the driver for the rich like those Korean show pretending to be rich hahahahah

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are DAMN WRONG!!! The problem is people like you are too arrogant and in reality a noboody. go and eat your heart out. My income easily 7-10 times his PAST 25 YEARS and that means a seven figure every year!!!!
no boasting here. like I said you are the one who is sour grapes. To be able to afford first class travel and know the details of certain things only VVIP and high rollers do, you better be able to afford taht kind of lifestyle and your yearly income must be 7 figure at least.
alot of forummers know this is no empty boast as I have consistently proven my talk with insider info only VVIP knows about instead hot air bullshit talk cockers like you. hahahhaha. dug up my past posts and see what others said of my inside info. you think an average john doe would know so much privileged inside info consistently and never proven wrong?
sure got you wrong this time. eat your heart out. hahahah.
even if you don't believe what I said is of no consequence to me as that is your problem not mind. I don't argue with fools. I only humiliate them. HAHAHAHAHAH
Like I said only born losers like you like to look down on others when you yourself and gin freely have nothing great to boast about and probably is a blue collar hoi polloi earning a measly pay like this @sshole who suddenly find the whole rosy picture of swiss standard of living he and you were promised nothing but an illusion. hahhahahh just like taht ginfreely whole day wasting his time putting down otehrs till so many people are sick of his postings. no wonder he lost so much money and end up whining everyday. really pathetic born loser.
that's why I despise and look down on people like you and him all born losers

Last edited: